Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I haven't convinced myself of anything. I'm merely stating that a shared universe is not something that needs to happen.

You don't need one to make good films. And honestly a lot of times films are weakened by the need to make them connected,adding in unnecessary scenes and making things convoluted.

Ironically the x men films being a jumbled mess of time lines and continuity is true as fukk to comic books when you want to be real about it.

Doesn't take away the strength of the individual films they've made

Oh that was the plan until they botched it....but Imma let you cook:sas1::sas2:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Oh that was the plan until they botched it....but Imma let you cook:sas1::sas2:
Ok? And now it isn't? What's your point? Do you want the ff film to be connected or something?

They tried,it sucked and then went back to their strength of strong stand alone films. And there is nothing wrong with that.

I'll take strong stand alone films over a shytty connected universe.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Ok? And now it isn't? What's your point? Do you want the ff film to be connected or something?

They tried,it sucked and then went back to their strength of strong stand alone films.

It's simple math homie an ensemble pic like the next Avengers movie is going to make significantly more money than a standalone pic.

images

All u need to know.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's simple math homie an ensemble pic like the next Avengers movie is going to make significantly more money than a standalone pic.

images

All u need to know.
......and? Are you seeing that money?

Logan is the best cbm film this year and made the least. Who cares.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Sounds like code words for "keep things under a reasonable budget".
Word, I knew when they made Jean like 'scary' powerful in Apocalypse they weren't about that Dark Phoenix Saga life. lol
Watch Kevin Feige rip off the Dark Phoenix Saga lovely only calling her Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel.
Aliens as power source? Check
Establishing alien races in the origin? Check
Most powerful character in the MCU? Check
The writing is on the wall I tell ya. :pachaha:

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Word, I knew when they made Jean like 'scary' powerful in Apocalypse they weren't about that Dark Phoenix Saga life. lol
Watch Kevin Feige rip off the Dark Phoenix Saga lovely only calling her Carol Danvers aka Captain Marvel.

I laughed but then i was like :ohhh:. Feige really could do that shyt lol. There are other characters, like Captain Universe even (black chick from Hickman's Infinity run), that can play the role of Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if they wanted to go there.

For years, my biggest gripe with Fox's X-Men is that their cgi, special effects, and big throw down fights simply pale in comparison to the MCU and DCEU. DOFP was probably the closest they got to that level of thrill. I used this example before, but Apocalypse is essentially their Hulk/Doomsday/Thanos equivalent.. but they either don't have the resources or the interest to put the money in that type of look and resulting fight scenes with appropriate x-characters.

So i figured no way then would they even think about making a Dark Phoenix movie anything more than as "grounded" as possible. lol

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
I laughed but then i was like :ohhh:. Feige really could do that shyt lol. There are other characters, like Captain Universe even (black chick from Hickman's Infinity run), that can play the role of Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if they wanted to go there.

For years, my biggest gripe with Fox's X-Men is that their cgi, special effects, and big throw down fights simply pale in comparison to the MCU and DCEU. DOFP was probably the closest they got to that level of thrill. I used this example before, but Apocalypse is essentially their Hulk/Doomsday/Thanos equivalent.. but they either don't have the resources or the interest to put the money in that type of look and resulting fight scenes with appropriate x-characters.

So i figured no way then would they even think about making a Dark Phoenix movie anything more than as "grounded" as possible. lol
The entire basis behind Apocalypse is being larger than life, a god among men, etc..

x-men-apocalypse1.jpg

they made breh a manlet :dead::dead:

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
The Dark Phoenix Saga can't be properly done in a two hour movie. Way to much happened in the comics. In the movies the X-Men have never even left Earth and have never encountered aliens so how could they do the Sh'iar?! They should just retire the main film series and start fresh with New Mutants and expand with Deadpool.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Powerful Posting!!!
:blessed:

+rep

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Why Jennifer Lawrence chose to do X-Men: Dark Phoenix

We think it's fair to say that some of the current cast of X-Men seemed ready to move on after Bryan Singer's divisive Apocalypse arrived last year.

So we were a bit surprised to hear that Jennifer Lawrence would be coming back for more in the upcoming X-Men: Dark Phoenix, but it turns out that she had strong reasons for wanting to stick with her character, Mystique.

"My contract was up, I didn't have to do another one, but if I didn't do another one, what would her story be?" she told Digital Spy. "I felt like I owed it to the fans, and I owed it to the character to follow her journey, to be fair to the movies, and not be like, 'I don't want to do another X-Men!' And then I just never show up and everyone's very confused about the Mystique they've been following for the last three films."

She's doing it for us brehs:banderas: