Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Yes. It's very non sensical to compare the person who gave us most of the x men films vs. The guy behind the MCU. :mjlol:

Are you retarded or you just get your panties in a bunch when anyone dares insult your precious Disney films?

Bryan singer has made some of the best cbm films the genre has seen,it's only you Disney cultists that can't seem to get over it. :umad:

You're right, comparing the man who directed and wrote movies to someone who's solely a producer and president makes total sense. My mistake.

Zach Snyder >>> Charles Roven :whew:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
So apparently the film is set in 1991 ....

X-Men: Dark Phoenix now has a director in the form of Simon Kinberg and a cast which includes names like James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jessica Chastain. The title gives us a good idea in regards to what we should expect in terms of the story, but when will the movie be set? Well, according to Omega Underground, the franchise will continue to hop between decades to 1991.

That was to be expected after X-Men: First Class took place in the 1960s, X-Men: Days of Future Past moved to the 1970s, and X-Men: Apocalypse mostly wasted the 1980s. However, 1991 has a fair bit of significance to fans of these Marvel characters as it was then that the comic book was relaunched with the now iconic costume designs by Jim Lee which would go on to influence the animated series.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
dont do that
and have them fukk up his good name

You assume it will breh lol we been over this. For my money, they've had two major misses with the main x men movies. 2 misses in 17 years is a good record so I can't get with the whole "they're going to make a bad movie" thing. Now I do question this decision in particular just because Kinberg is a first time director and this is a lot to throw at him even though he's produced damn near every movie in the series and learned from a lot of people. But for the most part, I'm happy with the movies

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

dont do that
and have them fukk up his good name

I'm worried though ... DOFP was good ... Apocalypse makes X3 watchable .... first off .. Jean is to new to become the phoenix in my eyes... we haven't even seen her really use her powers yet..

and Charles and Erik should be enemies playing the occasional game of chess by now..... its been 30 years and they still on the same team.. when first class ended I was like Oh Shyt the brotherhood... instead we got this Charles/raven/erik love triangle

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
You assume it will breh lol we been over this. For my money, they've had two major misses with the main x men movies. 2 misses in 17 years is a good record so I can't get with the whole "they're going to make a bad movie" thing. Now I do question this decision in particular just because Kinberg is a first time director and this is a lot to throw at him even though he's produced damn near every movie in the series and learned from a lot of people. But for the most part, I'm happy with the movies
youre speaking for YOURSELF! Youre not speaking for ME!
them shyts was trash! Im sorry! it was cool when i was going to the flix all amped up.
but Im older now. Them shyts havent held up well AT ALL!
sorry!
and this shyt has NATHAN to do with Disney/Marvel cause I BEEN felt like that for some time now!
now they wanna wreck Jim Lees perfect X-Men shyt?
:cambyaiplease:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm worried though ... DOFP was good ... Apocalypse makes X3 watchable .... first off .. Jean is to new to become the phoenix in my eyes... we haven't even seen her really use her powers yet..

and Charles and Erik should be enemies playing the occasional game of chess by now..... its been 30 years and they still on the same team.. when first class ended I was like Oh Shyt the brotherhood... instead we got this Charles/raven/erik love triangle

I think the way Apocalypse ended set it up for all that and will probably be traditional x men tropes, Apocalypse's issues went beyond writing and directing and everything else. ultimately it just felt like everyone involved wanted to make days of future past again and you can't pull that trick twice.

Also, the benefit of them doing time jumps is the characters get to age so yeah Jean is new in...83 or 84 but now she's been on the team for 7 or 8 years if it takes place in 91
And now, again the assumption, would be you'd have more of the brotherhood now but thats just an assumption. As a film geek I'm interested to see what a first time director does with it though and where his head is at. He knows he's gotta wash apocalypse out systems lol so hopefully he's been busting his ass in pre production to do that, along with whatever he learned by producing Logan

youre speaking for YOURSELF! Youre not speaking for ME!
them shyts was trash! Im sorry! it was cool when i was going to the flix all amped up.
but Im older now. Them shyts havent held up well AT ALL!
sorry!
and this shyt has NATHAN to do with Disney/Marvel cause I BEEN felt like that for some time now!
now they wanna wreck Jim Lees perfect X-Men shyt?
:cambyaiplease:
You got it homie lol. Didn't mean to light a fuse. I respect that tho.