X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They showed the Infinity Gauntlet in "Thor", Thanos in "Avengers", The Collector in "Thor 2", and Thanos will be in "Guardians of the Galaxy" next summer.

That's several references spread across 4 movies and 3 years, for a character that isn't even the main villain until "Avengers 3", probably 5+ years from now.

Fred.

Sure there are small references but you know as well as I do that most people watching the films have no clue what these are even about. Most people do not know what the Infinity Gauntlet is. The only real build (i.e. actual appearance) they have done is two seconds at the end of Avengers. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him in the Guardians film.

I'm not saying you are doing this... but I've seen others say it and it gets a little tiresome when people say Marvel Studios is flawless. If you are a comic book fan..even a more casual one like myself, I don't think you could say Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 are quality comic book films.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Sure there are small references but you know as well as I do that most people watching the films have no clue what these are even about. Most people do not know what the Infinity Gauntlet is. The only real build (i.e. actual appearance) they have done is two seconds at the end of Avengers. It'll be interesting to see what they do with him in the Guardians film.

I'm not saying you are doing this... but I've seen others say it and it gets a little tiresome when people say Marvel Studios is flawless. If you are a comic book fan..even a more casual one like myself, I don't think you could say Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3 are quality comic book films.

I haven't read a comic since the early 90s. What I'm saying has nothing to do with the quality of the movies, I'm saying they obviously made an effort to build towards something, which they aren't doing with Apocalypse.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I haven't read a comic since the early 90s. What I'm saying has nothing to do with the quality of the movies, I'm saying they obviously made an effort to build towards something, which they aren't doing with Apocalypse.

Fred.

Well, I think it's too early to write it off. I've never been one to give a movie the :camby: while it's still in pre-production. It could very well be messy but I am at least interested in how it will play out.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
@saysumthinfunnymike

I meant to say this a sec ago.

You're wrong about people not knowing who Thanos is, or what the Infinity Gauntlet is. Prior to "The Avengers"? Definitely. After it? Hell no. The movie made $1.5 bill and Thanos was trending on Twitter directly after the movie. Every pop culture website on the internet was talking about Thanos and his background for weeks after it. All this nerd shyt is mainstream, and has been for a while.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
@saysumthinfunnymike

I meant to say this a sec ago.

You're wrong about people not knowing who Thanos is, or what the Infinity Gauntlet is. Prior to "The Avengers"? Definitely. After it? Hell no. The movie made $1.5 bill and Thanos was trending on Twitter directly after the movie. Every pop culture website on the internet was talking about Thanos and his background for weeks after it. All this nerd shyt is mainstream, and has been for a while.

Fred.

:ehh: Possibly but I wouldn't use trending on Twitter as a device to weigh how mainstream something is. There are artists with 1,000,000+ followers and can't move a couple thousand units. You could be right. Maybe everyone did hop online and get wrapped up in Thanos backstory but if that happened after showing him for two seconds... what's to say the same won't happen for Apocalypse when he (possibly) shows up in Days of Future Past?

Obviously the movie is not going to do $1.5 billion but X-Men: First Class did $350M+ (X-Men: Last Stand $450M+) and now Jennifer Lawrence among others are huge stars... This could be a big big movie.

• Dap
Reactions: hex
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Yea I feel ya, and like I said, they can never make a perfect Apocalypse movie unless they do an Age of Apocalypse movie, which they would never do so its either this or nothing...I just hope they do the En Sabah Nur back story because that's one interesting ass bio right there...what if the the apocalypse movie ends with the death of professor X by legion and the next movie is the Age of Apocalypse? That would be great now that I think about it...we will see and I will reserve judgment until I see it..

Thing is they've already done the "death" of Professor X in The Last Stand (one of the MANY flaws of that film) so it would seem a little generic to kill him off just two films later....

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
Thing is they've already done the "death" of Professor X in The Last Stand (one of the MANY flaws of that film) so it would seem a little generic to kill him off just two films later....

Ah! you are right, I forgot they did that in that abomination X3...that shyt was horrific and the worst comic book movie I've seen (I don't count green lantern and daredevil). Damn I wish I could go back in time and abort that film...

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Ah! you are right, I forgot they did that in that abomination X3...that shyt was horrific and the worst comic book movie I've seen (I don't count green lantern and daredevil). Damn I wish I could go back in time and abort that film...

Breh, that is literally the plot to Days of Future Past :pachaha:

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
nikka that movie damn near 3 years away, save that announcement for 2015, and as much a haters as yall is itll still do 100 million opening weekend, all you comic book geeks will see it twice just to nitpick every damn thing