X-MEN Apocalypse (Official Thread)

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Just read this from First Showing which supposedly are early details on how Apocalypse will make his appearance in the movies...it's a rumor but a spoilery one.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/exclusive-how-x-men-days-of-future-past-teases-x-men-apocalypse/

All right, so here we go. After speaking with an insider following the announcement of X-Men: Apocalypse, it was made apparent that they knew who was going to play the titular villain. More specifically, it was explained to me who becomes Apocalypse. Yes, an existing X-Men character will become possessed by the villain who can project his consciousness and powers into host bodies.

A second source gave us info from one of the most recent drafts of the script with the evidence. Supposedly, the final version of the script only changed one set piece (which has a surprise for fans) in the middle of the film from this draft, but that does not affect any of the details we've learned. Let it be known that we're not going to spoil the absolute end of the film because, truth be told, it's a pretty spectacular ending that has some tidbits in the future that you'll have to see to believe.

However, the credits bumper jumps back to the past with a young Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) in a ramshackle house in the desert eating dinner, clearly on the run from all the authorities who want to bring him down. While using a well outside to get some water, the young Magneto sees something fall from the night sky and crash to Earth nearby. Upon inspecting the impact zone, he encounters what is described as an "alien form" who is "towering, terrifying, with a twisted metal face and dark pits for eyes." It's Apocalypse and he says, "I have crossed rivers of time to find you." Magneto asks, "Who are you?"

The alien responds, "I am your future." Suddenly Apocalypse merges with Magneto, who screams and blasts an insane amount of energy and shockwaves around him. This energy explosion levels everything around him, with a blast radius that goes for miles. As Magneto looks at what he's done, he has a realization of the power he now holds and a villainous grin begins to form before the film cuts to black.
Not sure if I think this is :ohhh: or :stopitslime:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Just read this from First Showing which supposedly are early details on how Apocalypse will make his appearance in the movies...it's a rumor but a spoilery one.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2013/exclusive-how-x-men-days-of-future-past-teases-x-men-apocalypse/

All right, so here we go. After speaking with an insider following the announcement of X-Men: Apocalypse, it was made apparent that they knew who was going to play the titular villain. More specifically, it was explained to me who becomes Apocalypse. Yes, an existing X-Men character will become possessed by the villain who can project his consciousness and powers into host bodies.

A second source gave us info from one of the most recent drafts of the script with the evidence. Supposedly, the final version of the script only changed one set piece (which has a surprise for fans) in the middle of the film from this draft, but that does not affect any of the details we've learned. Let it be known that we're not going to spoil the absolute end of the film because, truth be told, it's a pretty spectacular ending that has some tidbits in the future that you'll have to see to believe.

However, the credits bumper jumps back to the past with a young Erik Lehnsherr (Michael Fassbender) in a ramshackle house in the desert eating dinner, clearly on the run from all the authorities who want to bring him down. While using a well outside to get some water, the young Magneto sees something fall from the night sky and crash to Earth nearby. Upon inspecting the impact zone, he encounters what is described as an "alien form" who is "towering, terrifying, with a twisted metal face and dark pits for eyes." It's Apocalypse and he says, "I have crossed rivers of time to find you." Magneto asks, "Who are you?"

The alien responds, "I am your future." Suddenly Apocalypse merges with Magneto, who screams and blasts an insane amount of energy and shockwaves around him. This energy explosion levels everything around him, with a blast radius that goes for miles. As Magneto looks at what he's done, he has a realization of the power he now holds and a villainous grin begins to form before the film cuts to black.

Eh that might work for the first part of the film but DEFINITELY not the majority. We need to see Apacalypse in all of his Titan glory

Solano707

The Coli's dirty Afro-Mexicano
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California (Live in GA)
I rate all the X-men movies up there with Batman Forever and Batman and Robin

The only good one was the first Wolverine movie.

61 Corpses

The Breh
Daps
Reppin

This sounds very wack :snoop:
Please come back Mathew Vaughn :blessed:

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I want to be excited for this, but X3 killed the series for me.

any NON-singer x-men films SHOULD not be included. the best x-men films, 1st class included, all had singer's fingerprints involved. so to put it technically... only the 1st x-men was his worst and even that was good enough to not only jumpstart the franchise, but save marvel from bankruptcy.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
You guys are tripping off who is directing it and not even acknowledging the biggest problem.

It doesn't matter who they get to direct it, a 2016 Apocalypse movie means there is zero introduction for the character. And that's fine for someone like Sebastian Shaw, but you can't pull that shyt with a character of Apocalypse's stature.

Say what you want about the in-house Marvel movies, but they're giving Thanos the respect he deserves. They're stretching this shyt for years, across several movies.

Fred.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
You guys are tripping off who is directing it and not even acknowledging the biggest problem.

It doesn't matter who they get to direct it, a 2016 Apocalypse movie means there is zero introduction for the character. And that's fine for someone like Sebastian Shaw, but you can't pull that shyt with a character of Apocalypse's stature.

Say what you want about the in-house Marvel movies, but they're giving Thanos the respect he deserves. They're stretching this shyt for years, across several movies.

Fred.

They are going to introduce him in Days of Future Past and the 3rd Wolverine movie....

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

Fred.

We've seen two seconds of Thanos though... The end credits for the last two Marvel movies have been some BS. This "Phase II" that Marvel Studios is doing has done nothing to build up Thanos yet..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They are going to introduce him in Days of Future Past and the 3rd Wolverine movie....

I know this, but that ain't shyt. He ain't in "Days of Future Past", if anything he'll show up at the ass end of the movie. So he's basically in one movie before being the main villain of the franchise, which is :camby:

Fred.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.

Unless, and I believe this maybe what's happening, the set up for it is coming through Days of Future's Past.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I know this, but that ain't shyt. He ain't in "Days of Future Past", if anything he'll show up at the ass end of the movie. So he's basically in one movie before being the main villain of the franchise, which is :camby:

Fred.

Yea I feel ya, and like I said, they can never make a perfect Apocalypse movie unless they do an Age of Apocalypse movie, which they would never do so its either this or nothing...I just hope they do the En Sabah Nur back story because that's one interesting ass bio right there...what if the the apocalypse movie ends with the death of professor X by legion and the next movie is the Age of Apocalypse? That would be great now that I think about it...we will see and I will reserve judgment until I see it..

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We've seen two seconds of Thanos though... The end credits for the last two Marvel movies have been some BS. This "Phase II" that Marvel Studios is doing has done nothing to build up Thanos yet..

They showed the Infinity Gauntlet in "Thor", Thanos in "Avengers", The Collector in "Thor 2", and Thanos will be in "Guardians of the Galaxy" next summer.

That's several references spread across 4 movies and 3 years, for a character that isn't even the main villain until "Avengers 3", probably 5+ years from now.

Fred.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
They showed the Infinity Gauntlet in "Thor", Thanos in "Avengers", The Collector in "Thor 2", and Thanos will be in "Guardians of the Galaxy" next summer.

That's several references spread across 4 movies and 3 years, for a character that isn't even the main villain until "Avengers 3", probably 5+ years from now.

Fred.

Avengers 3 won't be until 2018, which seems like its far as hell...It would be interesting to see if they can sign all of the Avengers back for that film...

I really hate this Disney vs. Fox bullshyt with Marvel...they could make some really interesting crossover movies if not for the ownership bullshyt