X-Men '97

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean, even compared to other cartoons of that era, X-Men: TAS animation was lower quality.

Batman: TAS was peak. Even the '90s Spider-Man show had better animation.

Batman and Superman were top tier back then. WB looks like they wanted to put out a good product, Fox just wanted to make a buck

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
If you had both Prince Adam and He man as a kid, you was rich af...

Or you rip them joints right out the package str8 from Toys r us at South Dekalb mall (@DropTopDoc @Rekkapryde @Lucky_Lefty ) because who got money for he man AND tmnt AND xmen!!

They're Nintendo games I want mom to buy and Christmas only comes once a year

The problem with he-man in that era was. They never sold og he-man no more.

So. Every he man after that was some garbage gimmick.

When all you wanted was a rego he-man. Luckily I had og. Yet I remember battle armor he man.
being only available after the og.

So when Adam came out. They never had a regular he-man for you to buy. At least I never saw og he man for sale. After they went to making gimmick he man. So prince Adam was as close as you could get to feeling like you had a rego he man.

:lupe:

I like it but something about the song doesn't sound quite the same as the 90s cartoon.

Still...

:thumbsup:

It is overproduced and remastered.
It sounds off but whatever.

Art Barr

Daps
Man, morph sliding thru transformed like someone else gonna have me like :krs: ... :martin: all season

I was like Lady Deathstrike!! :gladbron: wait, Coll-thats Morph :unimpressed:

Me too, I was like "Lady Deathstrike saving Cyclops :ohhh: "

Only to see it's this non binary bisexual fool :unimpressed:

Last edited:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Fair review.
Just a discussion.

Hope people reading and you.
do not take it as me having vitriol for you.
I do not.

I am talking from a more experienced reviewer perspective.

so I get what you are saying.
As ypur review approach is the approach.
I took going Into spiderman I and xmen as a film franchise.
before lord of the rings. Yet we have found out.
taking things to far from the source material. resulting in serious drawing loss beyond repair.
that spiderman had to have disney come in and consult and reboot for another studio.
then the xmen were sold back to marvel.
where from this. plus dr strange. we know disney has no idea how to do xmen frfr.
followed up by xmen in print, failing on another reboot. taking things to far removed from the pulse of readership.

so we know the setup for this is flawed rather easily.

how they have gone about it is flawed.
Plus once again.

Why take this so far from the source material.
That was what was wrong with the cartoon.
plus, and why it got so cheap in production.
So all we are doing is following.
how the show lost its viewership previously.

In timeline and execution.

the first episode starts up.

where the xmen offensively go on the attack.
that is storm's leadership after the siege perilous.
where storm said fukk all that. professor x wait for our enemies to fukk it all up and kill us and suffer tragedies.

let's go fukk these pussies up.
as a matter of fact. let's fukk up alluv'eem.
plus take they base of operations as our own.
on some gangsta shyt. not that passive shyt that xavier was on.

the first episode.

the xmen 97 members go to the sentinel hanger and start fukk'n up shyt.
so that is storm leadership.

no cyke's leadership.
so how the xmen are built in cartoon.
totally undermine storm from the beginnig. plus, she shows up and gets treated like she is not an omega level mutant and not the hardest tactical boss and fighter combatant on the xmen.

storm is the hardest xmen of all time.
not cyclops....so why is cyke running in there on bitness. yet storm is made to be the damsel in distress.

they not only continue this mantra. they have storm made into a sucker and get shot by some weak ass terrorist.
when storm already been through this type of scenario twice of government shyt in the comic. plus created through this situation how the xmen are the most effective as a tactical unit. the first episode undermines this in the opening sequence. then does it again....

to this moment...

Why have magneto reintro the morlocks and save callisto and company. When they did what they did to storm. How is storm gonna build up being this tactical leader. If you do that to stoem. So how is storm gonna have a comeback.
xecutioner song.
When is she gonna be shown ramping how and where. When you already eliminated how that occurs. Plus how it occurs and we know it draws money. Xmen was dead as a draw on news stand till.

detail.jpg

Gambit is already an xmen. So HOW is storm gonna this last time ramp with.

Why is storm being put into the background.
as the best tactical leader and strongest individual hand to hand combatant in the mansion. Plus the best tactical mutant fighter. Why is she taking a backseat to Cyclops.
Plus being made into a nonfactor.

Why are we following the great white hope era of marvel. That eventually leads to disney villain fascination. When no one likes Cyclops. being a villain and it makes no sense. To even flirt with that as the direction. When we know that direction took place and we know it is a dead draw and detrimental.
to marvel as a draw.
It makes no sense.
Plus seemed to be a kid.
playing in the attic with his older brother's heman. Hence my skeletor with prince adams arms critique of this.
Plus we know doing shyt like this causes backlash. From hem

Plus they need to show some respect to the readership.
It is insulting.
Plus the disrespect to readership has resulted in xmen needing soft reboots. Of which the ones in this manner of content have never worked.

Case in point.

66c879a42f4b299b514324d3f0af92be.jpg

We already endured trash reboots of the team that undermine storm.
That Claremont had to fix that shyt. Along with Jim lee literally penciling his way out of this dead drawing era. That totally ruined silvestri's end to his run on xmen before lee. to rebolster the draw of xmen.

It makes no sense and once again emulates a dead drawing point for xmen.

Storm has no way to re-ramp.
Into being storm.
As all the content has been used to re

Morph males a hand version of psylocke morph to fight. Earlier he makes an archangel bobby angel costume morph.
So if there was psylocke and archangel Bobby that morph morphed into. In their xmen hero costumes of all things.
then writes out the character that already shpudl has had this arc. Given the source material.

how are you going to create this arc to re-ramp storm.

it feels exactly how xmen sucked in inferno. As they mever fought to end inferno lije xterminators. Plus how are you gonna do inferno and you have no piotr and Magick.
Yet they basically set this up.
Cyke great white hope zeitgeist storyline

when they needed storm and the eal conclusion and victory in I ferno
Then it connotates the xmen have amalagamted and had connection to things in time line. that do not make actual sense.
It means and connotates the xmen are past the reavers and xecutioner song.
I didht read everything in ya post yet as im multi tasking but morlocks are in genosha. Storms from africa. I think its safe to say she will run into them over there imo. Powers or not. Lets see breh

Imo i think you should be mad they bout to turn bishop into a time travel plot device. Thats only reason hes there to take that kid lol. Storms getting her arc. 2 eps already set that up. But bishop got nothing but sidekick duty and i dont see that changing.

Last edited:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I didht read everything in ya post yet as im multi tasking but morlocks are in genosha. Storms from africa. I think its safe to say she will run into them over there imo. Powers or not. Lets see breh

Imo i think you should be mad they bout to turn bishop into a time travel plot device. Thats only reason hes there to take that kid lol. Storms getting her arc. 2 eps already set that up. But bishop got nothing but sidekick duty and i dont see that changing.

Han solo: I have a bad feeling about this.

art barr