X-Men '97

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Nope, that's Destiny.

Time out.

Mystique is his FATHER???????

:what:

edit:

This is some Alphabet gang bullshyt pandering. :what:

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
My girl was just telling me about how much she loved Rogue growing up, how she was a "bad bytch" and how she was looking forward to this reboot.

She bout to be mad AF about this non-binary shyt :pachaha:

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
The entire X-Men theme is pandering to those discriminated against.

People like to parrot this constantly, but the discrimination thing was one element out of many and it didn't really start being a bigger thing really until "God Loves Man Kills" in the early 80's damn near 20 years after Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created them. Before and between that the X-men was basically a everything and the kitchen sink family adventure comic with them doing all sorts of shyt going into strange lands, outer space fighting alien races (including knockoff xenomorphs), cyborgs, other mutants etc.

Hacks who came on after Claremont, as well as other media started distilling the X-men down to being simply discriminated against on and on to the point that's what people started thinking that's all they were about.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
People like to parrot this constantly, but the discrimination thing was one element out of many and it didn't really start being a bigger thing really until "God Loves Man Kills" in the early 80's damn near 20 years after Stan Lee and Jack Kirby created them. Before and between that the X-men was basically a everything and the kitchen sink family adventure comic with them doing all sorts of shyt going into strange lands, outer space fighting alien races (including knockoff xenomorphs), cyborgs, other mutants etc.

Hacks who came on after Claremont, as well as other media started distilling the X-men down to being simply discriminated against on and on to the point that's what people started thinking that's all they were about.
So what you're saying is they been "distilled" down to being simply discriminated against since the early 80s and now that it's 2024 that would be most of their history. Thanks.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Damn, people are miserable. nikkas were hype and fiending for this once they heard about it, and now it's going to be shyt. Complaining about a CARTOON character's ass and whether another cartoon (CARTOON!!!!) character that shape shifts is non-binary.
And it hasn't even dropped yet. lol

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I don't care about the gay shyt. But them toning down Rogue bothers me

Toning down the sexuality and figures of the female characters is stupid. Both men and women like seeing attractive women.
Who are they doing that for? They still show shirtless men with abs everywhere, why can't women have curves and sex appeal?

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
tumblr_ltr6e7PUdX1qko4x4o1_500.gif
vlcsnap-2015-01-11-18h08m33s38.png

:blessed:Japan knew what’s up

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
So what you're saying is they been "distilled" down to being simply discriminated against since the early 80s and now that it's 2024 that would be most of their history. Thanks.

I'd say post Claremont, so mid 90's, which means yeah, probably most of the X-men's official history but post Claremont the X-men have been Gary Payton on the Lakers status with a few brief exceptions. Essentially the past 30 years of X-men may as well not even exist which is why whenever the property is adapted into other media, it's based solely on characters created by Stan Lee/Jim Lee/Dave Cockrum/Len Wein/John Bryne/Jack Kirby/Chris Claremont etc. in that the roughly 30 year old window of 1963-1992. And why we're getting a revival of a 30 year old cartoon based on those characters with none of the new characters created post that.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I'd say post Claremont, so mid 90's, which means yeah, probably most of the X-men's official history but post Claremont the X-men have been Gary Payton on the Lakers status with a few brief exceptions. Essentially the past 30 years of X-men may as well not even exist which is why whenever the property is adapted into other media, it's based solely on characters created by Stan Lee/Jim Lee/Dave Cockrum/Len Wein/John Bryne/Jack Kirby/Chris Claremont in that the roughly 30 year old window of 1963-1992. And why we're getting a revival of a 30 year old cartoon based on those characters and none of the new characters created post that.

EXACTLY....

THIS IS WHY I HATE WHEN THEY SHOEHORN
THAT "ITS SOURCE MATERIAL" EXCUSE.

ALL OF THESE DAMN COMIC MOVIES
USE MATERIAL FROM THE 60S, 70S AND 80
FOR THE MOST PART.

THEN OUT OF THE BLUE THEYLL
USE SOME NEWER AGENDA/PANDERING
shyt FROM RECENT YEARS
AFTER BAITING YOU IN WITH
THE 60S, 70S, 80S shyt
AND GOOFIES BE LIKE ITS SOURCE MATERIAL.

:devil:
:evil:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'd say post Claremont, so mid 90's, which means yeah, probably most of the X-men's official history but post Claremont the X-men have been Gary Payton on the Lakers status with a few brief exceptions. Essentially the past 30 years of X-men may as well not even exist which is why whenever the property is adapted into other media, it's based solely on characters created by Stan Lee/Jim Lee/Dave Cockrum/Len Wein/John Bryne/Jack Kirby/Chris Claremont etc. in that the roughly 30 year old window of 1963-1992. And why we're getting a revival of a 30 year old cartoon based on those characters with none of the new characters created post that.
I collected from the early mid 80s to the early 90s and it was a very big part of it. Fukkin' Genosha premiered in those years, Morlocks getting hunted by the Marauders was in that time period .So yeah, it was a big part of it.