X-Men '97

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
The '90s Marvel cartoons continuity is very fuzzy. Only X-Men and Spider-Man are truly canon to each other.

The other shows as you said are really only closely connected at best.

For example, I view the Fantastic Four characters that show up in Spider-Man to be different verisons from the ones in the actual F4 cartoon.
They're not really different ones. They may have different looks, but they're the same characters...and definitely meant to be. They tried to use the same voice actors whenever possible, and drop as many Easter eggs, but they also had different animators. Hell, the Fantastic Four had like 3 different costumes throughout their own series. It's pretty much like the Norman Lear or Moyer Boyett Universes. You know they exist together but continuity is sketchy at best.

ReasonableMatic

Daps
Man they released it early and finished watching it this morning... :wow: so many cameos so dope... I wonder what happened to bastion did he pull the xmen through time was that him??? :jbhmm:

Young En sabur nuh the first mutant...:wow:

Spiderman found MJ...:banderas:

the president still should be giving the x-men the credit for stopping the asteroid...:beli:

I want S2 now...:wow: the acapella xmen theme when them trying to stop the asteroid was fire...:wow:
GNnkogPWYAAHYS9

I noticed Flash Thompson standing behind Peter Parker.
full

SHCC2.jpg

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The 10/10 episode is still Episode 5.

They said it'd be emotionally heavy after that, but it never quite quite matched that afterward.

Nonetheless there were great scenes like The Summers, Wolverine/Nightcrawler doing work and that last battle on the base. Phoenix scene was cool to see, but underwhelming, not going to lie. She'd have ended the entire conflict right there if she was scaled to power like the comics.

It would've been great to see Jubilee do maybe what she learned against Mojo vs Bastion. She did send dude flying though.

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
In the real world, all that would happen is Spidey would make it known he's not a mutant, or people say "nah he's not a mutant." Anyone that was known as a mutant would be instantly hated. The mutants either hide or rep their gang. Once they pick their gang, they're the enemy.

The difference as presented is that mutants are the next threat to the majority way of life, but people that got powers through an incident "well, they different...and not a threat."
You really think that everyone would believe Spider-Man if he just said that he's not a mutant? C'mon man :mjlol:

Anyway, I'm done with that convo, lol. I'll fall back :hubie:

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Unfortunately a MCU inspired spider-man where he’s in highschool is already in the works for disney plus :francis:
Yeah, they're probably not going to have 2 Spider-Man cartoons happening at the same time.

As promising as Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man looks, I'm tired of Peter being an inexperienced teenage "Spider-Man" (more like Spider-Boy) in most recent depictions. Let Pete be a GROWN man, and with some experience as Spider-Man under his belt, damn it.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 10/10 episode is still Episode 5.

They said it'd be emotionally heavy after that, but it never quite quite matched that afterward.

Nonetheless there were great scenes like The Summers. Phoenix scene was cool to see, but underwhelming, not going to lie.

It would've been great to see Jubilee do maybe what she learned against Mojo vs Bastion. She did send dude flying though.
Jubilee did the same energy disc finisher when clipping Bastion’s wing.

King Static X

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I definitely see them going for the Horseman of Death / Kiss of Death storyline with Gambit now that Apocalypse is here.

Further building on the Rogue / Gambit love story.
Beau DeMayo loves drama, his writing is :wow:
p1bey7owbiuotbbr17wt.jpg

d7ec2a115c1e2316307172f434162148.jpg
The mid-credits scene pretty much confirmed that's what they're doing.

Also, another X-Man that was killed in Genosha and became a Horseman of Apocalypse is Banshee.