X-Men '97

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
I was feeling this until the end. I'm not a fan of
Having the team try to get back to the present for the first few episodes of the second season. Hopefully that means we get more cameos with actual speaking parts

T'Challa :wow:
That was actually
T'chaka

which doesn't make sense to me at all:yeshrug:

Last edited:

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
It would actually make more sense for humans to distrust all super humans or at least try to capitalize off super humans like they do in "The Boys." Captain America would be accepted because he was a war hero in World War 2. The Fantastic Four would be accepted because they scientists/explorers that got in a accident.
Isnt that the purpose of the Mutant registration Act and the Accords BS.. the government wants to know who has powers and what types.

dakidbanks

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was about to use the spoiler tag but yall goin all out so fukk it..

X Men just ended a Spider Man TAS cliffhanger

I wanted Onslaught but we gettin Apocalypse so I ain’t mad

I need Gambit to come back tho cuz that’s my son fav character. Soon as I got him hooked on the show, they killed him off lol

Wonder what timeline Wolverine is in

Edit: wait there’s a post credit I missed?

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I was about to use the spoiler tag but yall goin all out so fukk it..

X Men just ended a Spider Man TAS cliffhanger

I wanted Onslaught but we gettin Apocalypse so I ain’t mad

I need Gambit to come back tho cuz that’s my son fav character. Soon as I got him hooked on the show, they killed him off lol

Wonder what timeline Wolverine is in

Edit: wait there’s a post credit I missed?
Yes. After the character select acreen thing

Ridge Forrester

All Star
Daps
There's so much to unpack with this finale. :whew:

More cameos! Iron Man, Doctor Strange, Daredevil, and King T'Chaka is the Black Panther. :ohhh: i hope we see more developments where Wakanda is concerned. In fact, we need a whole expanded universe of these characters (the Avengers, the FF, Spider-Man, etc.)

They had been foreshadowing Phoenix for weeks in the intros and in dialogue, so it's no surprise that she made her return. It was still cool to see, especially with how she was depicted this time.

Mister Sinister in his true form. :picard:

They let Bastion get off too easy. :hhh:

Nathan got to look in his father's eyes for the first time. :mjcry:

We got to see more of Wolverine and Morph's "special relationship.":bryan:

With most of the X-Men out of time, I wonder if we'll get an interim team in the meantime. That Days of Future Past-esque poster confirmed the existence of Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat in this universe, so maybe she, Colossus, Iceman, Havok, and others join Forge, Bishop, Jubilee, and Sunspot in forming a team.

That poster also showed Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as "Off-World," and it showed Archangel as "Missing/Presumed Dead." He was in Genosha at the gala when it was attacked. I'm wondering if Apocalypse might have taken him.

Speaking of whom, some of the X-Men (Rogue, Nightcrawler, Beast, and Xavier) appeared to have landed in the time when Apocalypse was a young warrior (and Rama-Tut/Kang ruled Egypt?) while Scott and Jean were sent to the future where apparently they'll meet another one of their children when she's old as hell. :mjlol: That leaves Storm, Wolverine, and Morph unaccounted for.

Apocalypse will no doubt resurrect Gambit to be his Horseman of Death.

This first season is the best on-screen X-Men adaptation I have ever seen. My favourite characters all had their moments to shine. Cyclops and Storm stood out as having the best characterization, especially after the abysmal way they had been treated in the films. Nightcrawler was a welcome addition to the team with his verve and unique sense of humanity. While Beast was mostly in the background here, he's still the most insightful member of the team while being an indispensable source of support and (briefly) showing what he can do in the field.

They nailed all the aspects that make X-Men feel like X-Men to me. They nailed the family dynamics (Scott and Jean/the Summers, Rogue and Nightcrawler, Jean and Storm), the social commentary and themes (particularly in the case of Roberto, who, while a c00n earlier on, had a great character arc), and the action/showcasing of abilities. I can't wait for Season 2.

I'm gonna miss X-Men Wednesdays. 😢

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
With most of the X-Men out of time, I wonder if we'll get an interim team in the meantime. That Days of Future Past-esque poster confirmed the existence of Kitty Pryde/Shadowcat in this universe, so maybe she, Colossus, Iceman, Havok, and others join Forge, Bishop, Jubilee, and Sunspot in forming a team.

That poster also showed Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch as "Off-World," and it showed Archangel as "Missing/Presumed Dead." He was in Genosha at the gala when it was attacked. I'm wondering if Apocalypse might have taken him.
Forge puts together a new X-Factor maybe? Or Cable does the New Mutants.

Based on who died in Genosha, Apocalype’s Horsemen could be Gambit, Sebastian, Marrow, Banshee

Last edited:

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
The 12 is based off beyond good and evil. The show created that arc. We are past that i believe.

Apocalypse took cortez body
I didn't remember when the storyline came up so I went on a internet quick search.

The Apocalypse Twelve storyline was apparently a basterdized version of a leftover Claremont prophecy a from 1988? That’s crazy.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
I didn't remember when the storyline came up so I went on a internet quick search.

The Apocalypse Twelve storyline was apparently a basterdized version of a leftover Claremont prophecy a from 1988? That’s crazy.
Yea i dont remember how it went down i thoight they took it from the show, which has like the same exact arc just with nameless telepaths but they all there. I remember the shows version first ajd then saw an article that explained it. It mighta been an idea the show got from marvel that marvel then doubled on im not sure. I just know the season 4 finale is very very close to that. They can still kill apoc n stuff tho. They didnt do that

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
GNoS4GQWwAA7kJJ

7c415f502be79dbc3efb6e64874f76602fd452cc.gifv

532dc55f3730fb756ec8f1f35f2e987aba4f12f0.jpg

00622971ccfea5ec41a62489ba1080c74beb5747.jpg

c6fcf916f8fe2be96a9edf27f822051506b3fa19.jpg

Last edited:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
It would actually make more sense for humans to distrust all super humans or at least try to capitalize off super humans like they do in "The Boys." Captain America would be accepted because he was a war hero in World War 2. The Fantastic Four would be accepted because they scientists/explorers that got in a accident.

human humans are still (mostly) human.

and super humans are not going to replace humans.

they believe homo-superior will.