Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

WHY DO YOU KEEP SAYING THERES
NO MADELYN PRYOR?

:devil:
:evil:

Because before this season..she never existed on this show. So Cable from 1992-97, he couldnt be if Madelyne Pryor wasnt added. Lol. So that was smart writing...that got cute with the recent replacement gimmick because it makes fans guess when they were swapped out.

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This show being back reminds me a lot of the things I didn't like about the original run. All the jean grey shyt has always been fukking annoying to be. Also the heavy focus on romance in general. This is for both iterations of this and probably speaks to the x-men franchise as a whole not just T.V shows.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Because before this season..she never existed on this show. So Cable from 1992-97, he couldnt be if Madelyne Pryor wasnt added. Lol. So that was smart writing...that got cute with the recent replacement gimmick because it makes fans guess when they were swapped out.

EVEN WITHOUT THE SWAP OUT
WE KNEW SHE EVENTUALLY
WOULD EXIST SIMPLY
BECAUSE CABLE EXISTED.

IT TECHNICALLY DIDNT
HAVE TO TAKE PLACE ON EITHER
SHOW.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

EVEN WITHOUT THE SWAP OUT
WE KNEW SHE EVENTUALLY
WOULD EXIST SIMPLY
BECAUSE CABLE EXISTED.

I guess...they never mention her...Cyclops is usually kissing Jean's ass with no chance of ever leaving her. Stryfe isnt here. It was just assumed. So adding her was smart..it explains Cable at long last.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I
This show being back reminds me a lot of the things I didn't like about the original run. All the jean grey shyt has always been fukking annoying to be. Also the heavy focus on romance in general. This is for both iterations of this and probably speaks to the x-men franchise as a whole not just T.V shows.
Love they brought up Magneto and Rogue...i fukking love it. It was always a big deal. They act like Rogue and Nightcrawler..her and Mystique are close but her and Magneto..their storie are apart of the highest selling comics in history. 8 million. So its big business and make sense. They might even go Age of Apocalypse finally...another situation where Magneto and Rogue were together and had a son.

As for Jean, Maddie, and Cyclops? Whatever. Im more intrigued with Storm and Maddie being so close.

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
Did you not hear the convo that Jean and Maddie had at the end of episode 3? They don't know exactly when they were switched. So it could have taken place at a few points in the OG show.

Also, the show runner of the OG show (Larry Houston) on Twitter said that he added a small Madelyn Pryor cameo in an episode of the show.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I

Love they brought up Magneto and Rogue...i fukking love it. It was always a big deal. They act like Rogue and Nightcrawler..her and Mystique are close but her and Magneto..their storie are apart of the highest selling comics in history. 8 million. So its big business and make sense. They might even go Age of Apocalypse finally...another situation where Magneto and Rogue were together and had a son.

As for Jean, Maddie, and Cyclops? Whatever. Im more intrigued with Storm and Maddie being so close.
Low key I think they are perfect to set up an age of apocalypse. Especially if this all ties to that nimrod unit that got left in the past prior. He’s not currently dead and hasn’t made a single appearance yet.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Yeah, that's Phoenix's character. She wouldn't be who she is without that aspect.

Pure power levels she's maybe the most OP character however because she has human emotions and relationships those things makes her vulnerable: love triangle with Logan, sisterhood with Storm, role model to the younger X-Men, etc.

The X-Men during the 90's comics though when they separated into the Gold and Blue teams did a good job though as a concept: put most of the stacked characters on one team (Gold) and have the weaker ones on another so they basically basically can have some even-matched conflicts from the latter and also removed focus on the love triangle.

I do hope they stack the roster as that'd be many more potentially interesting dynamics with the team given a multitude of combinations and unite for the grand storylines.

Last edited: