X-Men '97

Ripp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
Aight so... I just finished all 5 episodes and I fukk with the show but I just wanna say a couple of things.

The overall zesty vibe of the show in the first 10 minutes can throw you off. I almost didn't get through it

The Wolverine/cyclops/Jean dynamic was on point and had me feeling like a kid again.

Gambit in a pink crop top and being cucked out was a travesty but then he told Rogue shes for the streets and needs to return from whench she came.... Mon ami :salute:

fukk Magneto with his eyeliner, lipgloss, zesty scarf and grandma gloves.... he deserved everything that he got.

Rogue deserves all that she got as well.

Wolverine is a different type of nikka... most bad ass dude on the planet but at the same time destined to be a lonely simp... I still got love for Logan though :mjgrin:

Last edited:

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
This show is doing an incredible job of highlighting the characters like Phoenix, Rogue, Jubilee and Storm who didn't really get a lot of shine from the original series compared to someone like Wolverine.

Some people may not like the love triangle stuff, but I think it's a great way to peer into how these cats deal with normal human dynamics.

Only the X-Men can revive Marvel from where it's at honestly. Yeah, Secret Wars is a great story, but most people want to see the X-Men.

They're the superhero team Marvel has that can generate the goosebumps needed en masse to make a 2nd run. I think they're ahead of the Avengers tbh.

Last edited:
Daps
I don't know how they do Second Coming without Hope. That story revolves around Hope.

And this is my problem going far. I like that they're tackling these storylines (albeit a little too quickly for me) but they are seriously lacking in characters right now.

Why not expand the universe? That's one of the incredible things that the Justice League cartoon did in its second season.

First season it was just the core members. Second season had EVERYBODY and they told great stories about a good number of the characters.

The X-Men shouldn't just be 7 people. I want everybody in the mansion like it is in the comics.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Man, I hope if they introduce Apocalypse dude going to have the shapeshifting bag again.

Dude was a menace!
giphy.gif

r040yM0.jpeg

Last edited: