X-Men '97

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Yo this just blew my mind but im watching the ten commandments and magnetos voice is a carbon copy of ramses II by yul brennar. Dead on, no doubt about jt. I almost thought it was him. Looked it up and never seen anyone comment this. Only that xavier as a character was based on brennar by stan lee.

Idk just thought it was interesting.

pez

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Queens, NY
Hopefully midway through this series however long it may be they end up finally showing the full blue and gold teams in all its glory :banderas:

Uncanny X-Men: X-Men Lineups: 90s (Blue/Gold)
Cotdam, I love Jim Lee's art. All of the girls are gorgeous and everyone looks Epic all the time. Iconic 90s hero shyt. Also, probably why DC sucks now. Jim Lee is the Creative Head of DC and he's a little too perfect. It's like Kanye can only make MBDTF once before having to make Yeezus, a stripped down "ugly" raw sound. Jim Lee is just too "perfect". I can't stop looking at his art. I bought a huge coffee table book of his X-Men work. Every panel is a poster to me. But I can see why sometimes you need Mike Magnola or Sam Kieth to balance out with their raw style.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sunspot :ehh:
Blue & Gold teams :banderas:

Hopefully they keep to the spirit of the original show/comics and don't Young-Justice the fck outta this :ufdup:
My biggest concern for this and the movies in the future. I feel like my childhood is going shattered with this and the movies.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Hopefully midway through this series however long it may be they end up finally showing the full blue and gold teams in all its glory :banderas:

Uncanny X-Men: X-Men Lineups: 90s (Blue/Gold)
The goat team(s) in comic history…better than every avengers, FF, justice league, etc team ever….just a fukkin cool ass squad

Daps
Reppin
NULL
The goat team(s) in comic history…better than every avengers, FF, justice league, etc team ever….just a ____in cool ass squad
The Blue and Gold era is dope, but the Claremont/John Byrne era was better IMO.
Blue and Gold had some cool stories (X-cutioner's Song, Fatal Attractions), but NONE of those joints are touching the greatness of the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Future Past.

detail.jpg
clean.jpg
detail.jpg

detail.jpg
detail.jpg
1061353.jpg

The early 80s run (Byrne, Cockrum, Paul Smith, Romita Jr.) was better than the early 90s X-men run as a whole, and the late 80s gave us some banger storylines as well (Mutant Massacre, Inferno). But EVERYBODY'S going to gas up the 90s era because of our rose-tinted memories of the cartoon series.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Blue and Gold had some cool stories (X-cutioner's Song, Fatal Attractions), but NONE of those joints are touching the greatness of the Dark Phoenix Saga or Days of Future Past.

detail.jpg
clean.jpg
detail.jpg

detail.jpg
detail.jpg
1061353.jpg

The early 80s run (Byrne, Cockrum, Paul Smith, Romita Jr.) was better than the early 90s X-men run as a whole, and the late 80s gave us some banger storylines as well (Mutant Massacre, Inferno). But EVERYBODY'S going to gas up the 90s era because of our rose-tinted memories of the cartoon series.
I'm talking much more about the make up of the team and their look and astetic rather than the stories. Xmen blue and Gold were just the coolest team ever and are MORE iconic than those x-men during the 80s run to me.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
I'm talking much more about the make up of the team and their look and astetic rather than the stories. Xmen blue and Gold were just the coolest team ever and are MORE iconic than those x-men during the 80s run to me.

All facts. X-men Blue and Gold were the quintessential rosters I think about when I think of the X-Men.

Da Jungles

CBALL
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MUSIC

detail.jpg
clean.jpg
detail.jpg

detail.jpg
detail.jpg
1061353.jpg

He’s talking about something completely different lol

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Jean Grey has the worst name situation of a major character.

Her traditional code name is Marvel Girl but they just said "to hell with that" at some point.

Meanwhile we got Aqualad, Power Girl, Super Girl, Super Boy, Beast Boy, Wonder Girl, and more over at DC.

So Marvel Girl could have worked?

But then she's Phoenix. But she's not cause Phoenix is an entity. Now other people become Phoenix. Now the Phoenix force goes away.

And she's sitting around using her government name.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
He’s talking about something completely different lol

I get what you’re both saying because the 90’s Blue and Gold X-men had that Jim Lee drip (:wow:) and are easily the most recognizable by the casual audience… but it’s not the GOAT era. The 80s Claremont run had way more substance. Most of the really live stories in the cartoons and movies came from Claremont’s run.

On top of that, the cypher ain’t complete without Nightcrawler IMO.