X Gon' Give It to Ya...XFL Thread

North of Death

All Star
Bushed
Daps
If the XFL has a 1 and done for football that’s a game changer. College players can get paid their soft more and junior year then hit the nfl after that, would be a major win.
It will definitely happen.. I thought trevor lawrence should of skipped this season with clemmy and play in the XFL since he really has nothing left to prove in college

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Naw the CFL have been around for over 60 years I don’t think they will ever fold but the XFL is a threat to the top CFL American talent.the American players have to pay American and Canadian taxes and the base pay in the cfl is only 56k
Wcw was around for a few decades before wwf stepped in and bought out tnt’s holdings. There’s a market for making the CFL just a desperate conference and can even have xfl rules only be played during home games. It makes for an interesting MLB like wrinkle. You branch that off to 1 or 2 Mexican teams and you’ve got money coming in from the entire continent.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Ratings trickling in and they seem to be mostly positive but I'm no expert on TV ratings

Week 2 hasnt been the dramatic dropoff that we speculated so I think it might be here to stay

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Either these ratings are wrong or the XFL gained a million viewers during the game

from Saturday

The ones I posted were mostly local, you posted national.

Sounds like to me for the sunday night game a million extra people checked it out toward the beginning of the game and then checked out towards the middle/end due to the all-star game coverage. The rest stayed.

Seems like they are pulling in a reliable 2 mil in viewers per game. To put this in perspective Vince's WWE Raw pulls in about the same amount on average :ehh:

Edit: Actually I think the dallas game was the first game, so the extra people mightve been the people checking out the end of the game, since the ASG didnt start until houston was playing

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
According to Jake Russell of The Washington Post, Saturday's game featuring the New York Guardians at the D.C. Defenders drew an average audience of 2.127 million viewers. It was down 35.5% from last Saturday's game on ABC, which averaged 3.3 million viewers.

ABC's game on Sunday featuring the Dallas Renegades at the L.A. Wildcats garnered 2.397 million viewers, down only 4% from 2.495 million viewers the previous week, however last week's game aired on ESPN and not on ABC.

ABC averaged 2.26 million viewers between the two games. The AAF saw a much steeper 65% drop from week one to week two, however the AAF aired on national television on CBS in its first week, compared to TNT and the NFL Network in its second.

The original XFL in 2001 fell 52% from week one to week two on NBC.

The ratings for the weekend's XFL games on FOX are not yet available.

XFL ratings dip on ABC in Week Two

prime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The heights
The ones I posted were mostly local, you posted national.

Sounds like to me for the sunday night game a million extra people checked it out toward the beginning of the game and then checked out towards the middle/end due to the all-star game coverage. The rest stayed.

Seems like they are pulling in a reliable 2 mil in viewers per game. To put this in perspective Vince's WWE Raw pulls in about the same amount on average :ehh:

Edit: Actually I think the dallas game was the first game, so the extra people mightve been the people checking out the end of the game, since the ASG didnt start until houston was playing
Yeah I’m interested in seeing the St. Louis vs Houston rating since it was on FS1 and during the NBA all star game

Spence

Superstar
Daps
Yeah the Roughnecks St Louis game only got really good in the 2nd half.

29k showed up to the Seattle game? :picard: