X Gon' Give It to Ya...XFL Thread

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Anyone think McMahons long term plan is to buy out the CFL like he did wcw and then make one gigantic international league to fill in where the NFL has neglected?
Too much pride in CFL for them to get bought out/give up the Grey Cup but I could definitely see sort some of format like the Champions League where there are games between CFL/XFL teams for a separate championship.

But tough to know if CFL will want any partnership if they lose all their America born players to the XFL.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Anyone think McMahons long term plan is to buy out the CFL like he did wcw and then make one gigantic international league to fill in where the NFL has neglected?

I doubt it, I don't think he has a long term plan because he's old as hell now anyway. I think the goal is to do XFL successfully out of pride since it flopped the first time.

They already came out and said the original goal was to get a good enough TV deal that this league basically pays for itself and gets consistent revenue. I dont know about anything beyond that.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I doubt it, I don't think he has a long term plan because he's old as hell now anyway. I think the goal is to do XFL successfully out of pride since it flopped the first time.

They already came out and said the original goal was to get a good enough TV deal that this league basically pays for itself and gets consistent revenue. I dont know about anything beyond that.

with the drive for live sports programming, I think it'll happen sooner than later. The product isn't terrible at all. Vince got one this time.

Spence

Superstar
Daps
with the drive for live sports programming, I think it'll happen sooner than later. The product isn't terrible at all. Vince got one this time.
mans it’s really only up from here since the talent pool and sponsors will grow next season.

@CJ a CFL/XFL championship game would be dope
I mean, the afc and nfc merged in the 60’s and both the nba did the same thing as well before it became the Super Bowl. It would only be advantageous to the xfl to expand to both Canada and Mexico and fill in where the NFL has been super slow to pick up.