WWE Wrestlemania 40 Doc Is Now Playing

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Dosnt matter if it was planned or pivoted its a win/win for the E
If it was a pivot it just shows how controlled, organized and resourceful the company is in unpredictable situations, if it was a work it shows how genius the creative team is
Why are they so concerned with whether this was the plan all along? No matter how we got here we got one of the best builds to mania ever. Pivot or not and you know why? Because the rock was there and his 60 million followers were now paying attention. They said it on the doc, they were trying to bring back the lapsed fans and the casuals. WM isn’t just for the hardcore audiences.

People that don’t understand this doesn’t understand business and they need to shut up about this subject

It also seems to me that the internet doesn’t think the part timers deserve the treatment they get. Some people really think the rock should have had to win the rumble to get his match. It reminds me of all the complaints they had about Brock. Despite him being the most over guy in the company. The rock is the biggest star on the planet ofcourse he gets to skip the line.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
So it’s basically a Rock ego doc? The Mania docs usually include the entire show, but from the talk on here it seems like this is just focused on the main events.
Yep, its 75% rock and the rest is H and the main eventers, they spent more time on the rock saying that HE decided to pivot the storyline than on Seth's injury.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Dead ass…having Rock spin the narrative that it was HIS idea to pivot was NASTY :hhh:

Them showing ONLY the POSITIVE reactions from YouTube reactors was NASTY :hhh: KNOWING the HUGE amounts of videos of fans :pacspit: that shyt.

NOT mentioning how that segment with Cody, Rock, and Roman was THE MOST disliked video in WWE’s YouTube history was nasty :hhh:

Rock saying it was just a “small section” of fans that didn’t like the direction was :scust:

IGNORING how fans invaded his IG comments and leaving death threats to his daughter on Twitter.

Cody being told that they are gonna do Rock vs. Roman at Mania and STILL winning the Rumble was :hhh:

The fact they were DEAD ass going to push Cody aside and have Rock vs. Roman at Mania and think that the fans will be okay with it is just :mindblown:

All in all Rock is a piece of work…

Just from the outside looking in, I can tell Hunter and Cody worked together to foil Rock’s plan. Cause this shyt was something straight out of the Vince McMahon handbook.

The doc was cool but it could have been better. But you can tell Rock had a hand in the editing of this..

This was a fine documentary to have in the background, but it didn't say anything that we didn't already know. The only interesting thing was Triple H saying that he planned to give Cody a hot year and losing the Rumble would have killed his character, so it's clear to me that they wanted the rematch to happen since the end of 39.

Rock/Roman was in the background for years and it obviously should have happened sooner, like at 38 or 39 at least, but things got in the way. Rock committed to WrestleMania late in the process since the card was 80% done by then. Cody was Triple H's guy and he was supposed to be in the main event the whole time. My friend believes that Triple H didn't like the fact that Rock came in and hijacked the plans because this was going to be his first WrestleMania by himself, without Vince. He had Cody win the Rumble anyway knowing that the fans would reject Rock/Roman in favor of Cody finishing the story.

Another thing this documentary left out was Drew. I don't know what they were planning on doing with him if Punk didn't get injured, but he was the biggest beneficiary of the plans changing. It also allowed him to do the best character work of his career, and gave him a brand new feud that nobody was expecting. If anyone should have been highlighted outside of the main four, it was him.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
This was a fine documentary to have in the background, but it didn't say anything that we didn't already know. The only interesting thing was Triple H saying that he planned to give Cody a hot year and losing the Rumble would have killed his character, so it's clear to me that they wanted the rematch to happen since the end of 39.

Rock/Roman was in the background for years and it obviously should have happened sooner, like at 38 or 39 at least, but things got in the way. Rock committed to WrestleMania late in the process since the card was 80% done by then. Cody was Triple H's guy and he was supposed to be in the main event the whole time. My friend believes that Triple H didn't like the fact that Rock came in and hijacked the plans because this was going to be his first WrestleMania by himself, without Vince. He had Cody win the Rumble anyway knowing that the fans would reject Rock/Roman in favor of Cody finishing the story.

Another thing this documentary left out was Drew. I don't know what they were planning on doing with him if Punk didn't get injured, but he was the biggest beneficiary of the plans changing. It also allowed him to do the best character work of his career, and gave him a brand new feud that nobody was expecting. If anyone should have been highlighted outside of the main four, it was him.
I agree and also. Two things can be true, Cody and Roman may have been the plan before the rock said he could do it. People act like the rock and Roman wasn’t something you could sale to the the casuals as a wm main event. They act like the rock is Goldberg or someone.

But I also believe they put it out there saw the reaction and pivoted to something that was probably more entertaining than just Cody facing Roman without the rocks involvement.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I agree and also. Two things can be true, Cody and Roman may have been the plan before the rock said he could do it. People act like the rock and Roman wasn’t something you could sale to the the casuals as a wm main event. They act like the rock is Goldberg or someone.

But I also believe they put it out there saw the reaction and pivoted to something that was probably more entertaining than just Cody facing Roman without the rocks involvement.
I really hate all this stupid ass casual talk.

Can you show me where WM40 did much better numbers than WM39?

And i’ll tag @CBoz cause I know he can probably find it if so

Brad Piff

The Money & The Miles
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The thing that surprised me the most was that Ari Gold was looped in on the creative. Didn’t really think he cared either way but they definitely seek his opinion, especially the rock.

Triple H and Rock also seemed to have gotten closer and have a great working relationship. I wonder if haitch will catch less heat from @R=G now.

Who am I kidding :mjlol:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
The thing that surprised me the most was that Ari Gold was looped in on the creative. Didn’t really think he cared either way but they definitely seek his opinion, especially the rock.

Triple H and Rock also seemed to have gotten closer. I wonder if haitch will catch less heat from @R=G now.

Who am I kidding :mjlol:
Ari Gold

:dead:

The homie been watching entourage

Silkk

Daps
Ari Gold

:dead:

The homie been watching entourage

I’ve rewatched it like 5 times :ohlawd:

Although this last time I peeped it finally started to appear outdated lol
I’ve never actually watched Entourage. Jeremy Piven(?) has been hilarious in everything else ive seen him in though so it might be time for a binge :patrice:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
I’ve never actually watched Entourage. Jeremy Piven(?) has been hilarious in everything else ive seen him in though so it might be time for a binge :patrice:
Definitely outdated but still one of the best shows in history dog

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast

Its not a big deal. The Rock doesnt play the bullshyt. He wont do the Cena nonsense. Crowd flips..he'll flip...he's the most talented guy of the Attitude Era so it was no big deal.

Whole thing was silly because they had Cody win...if Rock had won the Rumble, everything would be different.

Silkk

Daps
Its not a big deal. The Rock doesnt play the bullshyt. He wont do the Cena nonsense. Crowd flips..he'll flip...he's the most talented guy of the Attitude Era so it was no big deal.

Whole thing was silly because they had Cody win...if Rock had won the Rumble, everything would be different.
Facts

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
GRmbhYUXsAAML2x
GRmbhY4aUAA0Kxj