WWE SummerSlam 8.19.18 "Lesnar vs Reigns IV, Let The Coronation Begin"

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Another big 4 PPV overshadowed by Takeover.

Naw SS was better than takeover this time.

This fukker Brock has ate 4,756,943 spears like Scooby snacks during all these matches only to get beat by 1 he didn't see coming :dead:

Show was fascinating. Seth & Dolph had a slow pace opener for 2 guys you'd expect to really go & get the crowd going, they turned Becky because these people they got writing can't write a babyface to save their life, Finn just randomly broke out the demon paint for a guy he's already beat multiple times, Orton showed up for no reason & then left just so Jeff could stand up & start clapping, Brie just couldn't be bothered with caring about her husbands match for some reason, & they wasted about 10 minutes with Elias out there that straight lead to nothing :mindblown:

I would love to know how they expect anyone to feel sympathetic towards Charlotte, she didn’t deserve to be in that match and one on some sneak shyt. She straight up stole Becky’s spot, how could you boo Becky in this situation? And yea creative is horrible at writing faces, they make them so bland and write the worst promos for them. They have know idea how to create characters people want to cheer.
The finishes on this show were:

1) Rollup
2) Rollup
3) Rollup
4) Pin after outside distraction
5) DQ in a title match
6) Squash
7) Clean pin
8) DQ in a title match
9) Pin after foreign object
10) Squash
11) Clean Pin
12) Squash
13) Pin after outside distraction

Not sure how I'm reading posts in this thread saying the show was good and ppl rating it around 8/10 when almost every match had a fukk finish but I'ma let y'all cook.

You an ole look at the numbers type, first off the Rollins dolph, was clean,
fukk the tag match cause the bludgeons are trash
The women’s SD match was clean
The US title match was clean
So what Demon Finn was a squash it made sense for the story and the character
The Dbry MIz match made sense for the character and the story
AJ and joe made sense for the story
Ronda should have been a squash, Alexa cant keep up with her. I thought that’s why y’all ain’t like her in the first place?
And Brock and reigns was entertaining other than KO being squashed you have no point.

There were 13 matches on the show and only 2 were competitive with a clean pin and one that ended with a heel doing a classic heel thing to steal a win. That’s less than 25% of the show. Big events should have a feeling of conclusion. We watched summerslam from 2002 in here a few weeks ago, and with a much smaller card, we had off the top of my head at least five matches with a clean finish. How do you have both singles titles for one brand end in a dq finish at this event? Looking at that list he gave, it seems like this was basically an unbearably long raw taping minus Stephanie taking 20 minutes of airtime to praise herself and emasculate someone.

What titles are you talking about? IC and US titles all had clean finishes? The UNIversal title had a fair finish the only DQ was wwe title and that made sense. Y’all complain at the dumbest shyt

It was a good show, something everyone here says they wanted, Brock was entertaining, everyone performed true to their character and yet y’all still mad.. why not just stop watching? This company will never please yall

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not mad at the finish of ND/BB, it was the first time BB got taken to the limit and they panicked

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Naw SS was better than takeover this time.

I would love to know how they expect anyone to feel sympathetic towards Charlotte, she didn’t deserve to be in that match and one on some sneak shyt. She straight up stole Becky’s spot, how could you boo Becky in this situation? And yea creative is horrible at writing faces, they make them so bland and write the worst promos for them. They have know idea how to create characters people want to cheer.

You an ole look at the numbers type, first off the Rollins dolph, was clean,
fukk the tag match cause the bludgeons are trash
The women’s SD match was clean
The US title match was clean
So what Demon Finn was a squash it made sense for the story and the character
The Dbry MIz match made sense for the character and the story
AJ and joe made sense for the story
Ronda should have been a squash, Alexa cant keep up with her. I thought that’s why y’all ain’t like her in the first place?
And Brock and reigns was entertaining other than KO being squashed you have no point.

What titles are you talking about? IC and US titles all had clean finishes? The UNIversal title had a fair finish the only DQ was wwe title and that made sense. Y’all complain at the dumbest shyt

It was a good show, something everyone here says they wanted, Brock was entertaining, everyone performed true to their character and yet y’all still mad.. why not just stop watching? This company will never please yall

IC was not clean, there was interference, then interference to stop the interference, both of these men were wildly distracted right before the pin. I'm just the type where I want PPV matches to be bell to bell no fukkery, either a face or heel gets a real rub, and you can set up rematches for next month on weekly TV through storylines. I loved the squashes btw.

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Nah you just didnt pay attention. Bryan had ice on his head and told Brie "I should have known Miz and Maryse would pull something like that." Selling they cheated.

I'll take your word on this. I still would have preferred Miz win clean, to give him a real "Miz can actually go toe to toe with DB" so the rematches will mean more than "he only won because he cheats he really not on DB level". There's plenty of ways to continue feuds without the "run it back cuz he cheated" excuse.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I'll take your word on this. I still would have preferred Miz win clean, to give him a real "Miz can actually go toe to toe with DB" so the rematches will mean more than "he only won because he cheats he really not on DB level". There's plenty of ways to continue feuds without the "run it back cuz he cheated" excuse.

It also gives a little depth to Bryan's return as a well. A guy who everyone knows you're better than got the best of you cleanly with no help. Are you really sure you still have it?

julesocean

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It also gives a little depth to Bryan's return as a well. A guy who everyone knows you're better than got the best of you cleanly with no help. Are you really sure you still have it?

Exactly, what I took away from the fallout segment, was not at all that he got cheated out of a win, but that he was questioning himself that he can still get it done, and maybe he doesn't have it in him anymore. This is a perfect storyline with a clean finish Miz win, and it elevates Miz more than foreign object win. But I'll try not to be too negative...