WWE Smackdown coming to FOX after massive deal

taker597

Superstar
Daps
If FOx gonna pay 1 billion dollars... why the fukk they gonna put on fukking Friday... I've found wrestling to be be a great stress reliever at the beginning of the week. Da fukk does Fox even having on Tuesday? lol

Oh wait... that is a stupid question... It'll probably be cancel by next year anyways.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good news here is that Fox doesn't program three hours, so Smackdown is probably sticking at two hours. Also, Friday probably works best for Fox and WWE. Fox gets an automatic entry for most networks' toughest night to program, and WWE keeps their programming away from other sports that could possibly pre-empt them. The only time it'll get weird is in the fall during the World Series, but that might be one week at most.

Show will inevitably get even worse, though. shyt might get heart of the PG era bad.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

Russell 'Stringer' Bell:
Doin' good out there, D.

D'Angelo Barksdale:
We'll be doing even better when we get that new package.

Russell 'Stringer' Bell:
[laughs] New package same as old, man.

D'Angelo Barksdale:
Say what?

Russell 'Stringer' Bell:
Ain't no new package. Just gonna put that same shyt out in a different colored gelcap is all. Might spike that shyt with some procaine or some caffeine, but otherwise it's the same.

D'Angelo Barksdale:
String, man, people already coming back on us tellin' us that shyt is weak.

Russell 'Stringer' Bell:
I know; shyt *is* weak, but, y'know, shyt is weak all over. The thing is, no matter what we call heroin, it's gonna get sold. shyt is *strong*, we gonna sell it; shyt is *weak*, we gonna sell twice as much. You know why? 'Cause a fiend, he gonna chase that shyt no matter what. It's crazy, you know. We do worse, and we get paid more. The govermnent do better, and it don't mean no nevermind. [pointing to the money] This shyt right here, D, is forever.

Goddamn, The Wire drops so many gems:wow:

JoogJoint

In my own league.
Daps
Reppin
Outer Space
We really won’t know until we see how it performs.

Is Friday Night usually terrible for TV? Absolutely. But maybe FOX is banking on that wrestling audience to prove them wrong. And it’s not like the bar is set high either.

Masterchef, which was on last Friday in that 8pm time slot Smackdown is expected to go into, drew an 0.8 rating. Smackdown averages around a 2.2 on USA right now. Even if ratings drop by 30% they would still double what’s being aired in that spot now

Bottom line......only time will tell.

Friday is a horrible day to put any programming on TV and FOX doesn't haven't a good track record on their programming. Most people are not going to sit at home and watch wrestling on Fridays. Nothing good can come out of this. Mark my words.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Friday is a horrible day to put any programming on TV and FOX doesn't haven't a good track record on their programming. Most people are not going to ait at home and watch wrestling om Fridays. Nothing good can come out of this. Mark my words.

There are people to stay home and watch it. If their target demo is families, which it seems to be most of the time, people will be home to watch. It’s why TGIF did as well as it did for years. They weren’t targeting teens and adults with social lives. They were targeting moms dads and kids.

On the flip side if they go for a more aggressive product, smackdown is something you could have on at a bar on a Friday night. They’re essentially treating it like a sport and not a tv show. NBA and mlb all air games on Friday nights and it seems to work out well for them.

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
If FOx gonna pay 1 billion dollars... why the fukk they gonna put on fukking Friday... I've found wrestling to be be a great stress reliever at the beginning of the week. Da fukk does Fox even having on Tuesday? lol

Sunday and Thursday are out of the question due to NFL. Monday is out of the question because of RAW. Can also rule out Saturday (college football in the fall and when it's not college football season it's a dead zone) and Wednesday (same day as NXT and Fox would have to move Empire). Only options left are Tuesday and Friday, and I'm guessing WWE wants to give the shows some space due to Smackdown moving to the bigger network and not wanting it to overshadow the flagship.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sunday and Thursday are out of the question due to NFL. Monday is out of the question because of RAW. Can also rule out Saturday (college football in the fall and when it's not college football season it's a dead zone) and Wednesday (same day as NXT and Fox would have to move Empire). Only options left are Tuesday and Friday, and I'm guessing WWE wants to give the shows some space due to Smackdown moving to the bigger network and not wanting it to overshadow the flagship.

Fox has programming on Tuesday nights as well. Friday is really the only day where they can be like “yeah sure why not”

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Bleh... I'm home most times from 7-9 on Friday, but I don't wanna watch wrestling on Fridays. I'm in ready to have fun mode. Smackdown was always great for me that it helped on that Monday-Tuesday grind of the week and help just zone out,recover, and relax with nothing else to do but watch all my shows. There is a reason why Friday is usually trash programming.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Bleh... I'm home most times from 7-9 on Friday, but I don't wanna watch wrestling on Fridays. I'm in ready to have fun mode. Smackdown was always great for me that it helped on that Monday-Tuesday grind of the week and help just zone out,recover, and relax with nothing else to do but watch all my shows. There is a reason why Friday is usually trash programming.

Fridays may be a problem for me in the Fall cause of High School football, I missed a lot of SDs back in the day cause of going to games.