WWE Smackdown coming to FOX after massive deal

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
Good question. shyt. It’s why I don’t see it airing on Friday but they really don’t have any other slots open.

The thing is if they keep it on Tuesdays, it'll get massacred.

They'd be up against Roseanne, The Voice, NCIS and The Flash. I don't know the future but I follow the TV ratings and these are 4 of the highest rated shows on TV.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Who’s hitting up a spot before 10 my nikka?!

:mjlol: I get what you sayin but it's kinda true, breh.

If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a thing known as the "Friday Night Death Slot"... like, that's a real thing. 'TGIF' ended a long time ago, and that was aimed at kids.

Even if you ain't hittin' up a bar or club before 10, you're probably still gettin' ready between 8 and 10, pre-gamin' or something. People are usually up and out of the house by prime time. We're definitely in for a family-friendly AF Smackdown Live if it's on Friday nights. The kids, breh. It's for the kids.

LevelUp

Born To Mack
Daps
The thing is if they keep it on Tuesdays, it'll get massacred.

They'd be up against Roseanne, The Voice, NCIS and The Flash. I don't know the future but I follow the TV ratings and these are 4 of the highest rated shows on TV.
yeah it has alot of competition.

LurkNowitzki

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Lurk City
:mjlol: I get what you sayin but it's kinda true, breh.

If it wasn't, there wouldn't be a thing known as the "Friday Night Death Slot"... like, that's a real thing. 'TGIF' ended a long time ago, and that was aimed at kids.

Even if you ain't hittin' up a bar or club before 10, you're probably still gettin' ready between 8 and 10, pre-gamin' or something. People are usually up and out of the house by prime time. We're definitely in for a family-friendly AF Smackdown Live if it's on Friday nights. The kids, breh. It's for the kids.

You’re right on everything you wrote......homie just typed that post out like he was a bad bytch trying to get in the club before cover hours

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
The Hulu situation is gonna look very bleak though. If the Disney deal goes through, they'll own a majority of Hulu which might prompt both NBC Universal to divest from Hulu. On the other hand, if Comcast gets FOX instead we'll still only get RAW on Hulu.

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
An even higher bid? :lupe: Can anyone explain me why this kind of interest on the WWE brand?

Year long weekly live content. Live content is basically the only thing that has consistently raising ratings in the past few years, particularly sports, and WWE is close enough to that along with not having an off season.

Coyote

Rookie
Daps
I feel like this might work in a big way for them.

Friday nights weren't a death slot because people were going out. It was because families would only really watch one network all night. Look at ABC in the 90s, or CBS in the past so many years. Anything on another network was doomed to fail. Eventually, the networks knew this so they'd banish shows they canceled/were about to cancel to Fridays to either burn off the remaining episodes, or to "prove" that nobody was watching them, justifying their cancellation.

I think CBS is still king on Fridays, but I can easily see the WWE taking a bite out of their viewership. What do you think is more appealing to networks, advertisers, and viewers? Cop dramas or a live "sporting" event that appeals to the entire family but is skewed more towards the demographics that have more disposable income? You might lose a good chunk of the bookends of that 18-49 spectrum, but the ones left have a lot of money to spend.

I could be entirely wrong, but I just can't see a situation in which the WWE doesn't benefit from this.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
FOX (Not FOXNews), FXX, FX are all/going to be DISNEY property, formerly 21st Century Fox; a subsidiary of FOX.

FSN1/FSN is a subsidiary of FOX, so it will go there.

Addendum: Just saw the addition, maybe it was DISNEY money? :ohhh:

Disney (or Comcast) are buying the FOX movie studio. FOX is still going to be FOX as is FS1 and their other channels and affiliates. They got out of the movie business but still very much in the TV business.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
We gonna have the BILLION DOLLAR CHAMPIONSHIP :whew:

latest