Wuts tha scariest movie that you've seen?

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
There are tons of movies that fukked me up as a kid but I grew up to not find them scary anymore. Much of the scariest stuff for me was shyt like Tales From the Darkside series, X-Files etc.
But today there are 4 movies I still consider scary imo; Scary to me is mostly atmosphere, creeping dread, etc. not jump scares, cgi, or gallons of blood; that shyt is corny. Here are mine:

1.The Shining
2.The Exorcist
3.The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 1974
4.Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
There are tons of movies that fukked me up as a kid but I grew up to not find them scary anymore. Much of the scariest stuff for me was shyt like Tales From the Darkside series, X-Files etc.
But today there are 4 movies I still consider scary imo; Scary to me is mostly atmosphere, creeping dread, etc. not jump scares, cgi, or gallons of blood; that shyt is corny. Here are mine:

1.The Shining
2.The Exorcist
3.The Texas Chain Saw Massacre 1974
4.Henry: Portrait of A Serial Killer
the very beginning with the warning narration scared the crap out me..lol
made it more real and especially inspired by true events..

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
seriously what was so scary about a clown?

I didn't watch it as a kid but still i just never understood the fear.

Last time i remember a movie giving me a legit scare was the conjuring.

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
seriously what was so scary about a clown?

I didn't watch it as a kid but still i just never understood the fear.

Last time i remember a movie giving me a legit scare was the conjuring.
Clowns are mysterious because you can't see their real faces and they are usually associated with circuses, which historically had freaks and other things that would make them scary and be the stuff of scary stories and legends. Plus, many people have in some way shape or form associated with a clown as a child. Thus, the fact that a clown (that is really a giant spider creature) lives in the sewer and lures children to his sewer to eat them, rip their arms off with his teeth, and haunt their dreams and waking lives is pretty fukking terrifying breh.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This is why a thread like this is troublesome because everyone is scared by different things. When someone asks the question "what's the scariest movie you've ever seen?" and some responses are meant with the :mjlol: why in the hell are we asking the question then? Horror and Comedy are the two hardest things to do in film because they're so subjective. @kp404 listed movies that never scared me, even as a kid but I wouldn't throw shots at him because of it. I said Halloween and I'm sure that is child's play to some people..speaking of which, I'm waiting for someone to say Child's Play and if you grew up with a lot of dolls in your room or had a little brother or little sister with a lot of dolls, I can definitely understand why Child's Play would freak you out

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
In the last 10 years only Sinister has really scared me, those eerie videos had me looking outside to ensure that I wasn't being watched:mjlol:. They just had to add in some generic supernatural crap to it towards the end:scust:.

Before that Blair Witch Project, OG Texas Chainsaw and IT.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
In the last 10 years only Sinister has really scared me, those eerie videos had me looking outside to ensure that I wasn't being watched:mjlol:. They just had to add in some generic supernatural crap to it towards the end:scust:.

Sinister soundtrack was:sitdown:

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community

Sinister had potential to really bring back that creeping dread and great storytelling, but it fell the fukk apart in the last 3rd of the movie and became really stupid...the first part was done very well though

Nephilim_BC

Murikkka
Daps
The Ring. Of course I was young but still. And one scene from House on the Haunted Hill.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I was scared of my tv in 9th grade after watching The Ring :ohlawd:

IT had me shook as a kid

shyt...thriller video scared me as a kid :wow: