WTF!!!! Taylor Swift’s album sold 2.5 million first week. And 1.8 million are pure sales.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Her ubiquity doesn't determine some sort of extra cultural knowledge. She is one the most accessible artists, imagewise and musically, not some avant garde indie band. Like please.
Sure. But you’d have to be a hobbit to not know who she was.

Your originally post said you werent cultured by knowing who she was. And I completely see and agree with your point, but as you say, she is ubiquitous and I don’t think you could be cultured and not know who she is.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
These people either aren’t black or just like being different.

Taylor Swift is literally white mediocrity and basicness personified who has convinces her fans they know her because she lets them in and writes about her personal life like a tumblr girl. They’re literally tuning in to the next chapter - that and her being all ages friendly is why she sells so much. His biggest accomplishment is her commitment to that act for almost two decades whereas all of his peers got tired of being brand disciplined. The only thing people talk about with her is sales like what @Piff Perkins is doing because aside from those industry approved reviews - she’s not considered a stand out talent in any one particular area. She’s the largest gap between talent and success (musically) in music history. Black people aren’t shocked by her success, they’re shocked at how much white women love this mediocrity and relate to it - they literally cannot relate to her so she doesn’t appeal to them. For a black artist to be a superstar they have to excel at something musically and be elite in some way. This girl is an average songwriter, with minimal vocal abilities that plays instruments at a level 1/8 of the talent in HER’s finger. A black version of her could never exist.
im so tired of hearing about her. you could easily go down to a coffee shop on open mic night and grab the first white girl with a guitar and make her into another taylor swift. there is nothing unique about her music. her voice isnt readily identifiable or even good. i struggle to understand her appeal, but thats just it.. there really isnt any. shes a product. then only difference between her and a happy meal is that she's still alive.

i am just exhausted with these shytty overwrought pop songs written by max martin and his butt buddy shellback. max martin has probably written half of the pop songs you've heard on the radio since 99.

unfeeling soulless music for an unfeeling soulless population

thanks for all your cultural exports, america :salute:

IDK man. i was on google maps the other day just looking at places i'll never afford to go to, and i was checking out Ulanbaatar in Mongolia. beautiful city full of disgusting american fast food restaurants smearing their logo feces all over the landscape. you cant get away from America. you could go to the edge of the world and theres probably a fukking burger king. i hate it here

sorry for rambling

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Aaaah! I tried playing Spotify today and asked for it to make a radio station out of an old 70’s song and among all the old songs they stuck a new Taylor Swift song on that playlist. That’s how she getting so many streams! Shady shyt.
I dont use spotify....Youtube cant mainpulate my playlist. I shut down Puffy, Drake, Silk the Shocker immediately.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im so tired of hearing about her. you could easily go down to a coffee shop on open mic night and grab the first white girl with a guitar and make her into another taylor swift. there is nothing unique about her music. her voice isnt readily identifiable or even good. i struggle to understand her appeal, but thats just it.. there really isnt any. shes a product. then only difference between her and a happy meal is that she's still alive.

i am just exhausted with these shytty overwrought pop songs written by max martin and his butt buddy shellback. max martin has probably written half of the pop songs you've heard on the radio since 99.

unfeeling soulless music for an unfeeling soulless population

thanks for all your cultural exports, america :salute:

IDK man. i was on google maps the other day just looking at places i'll never afford to go to, and i was checking out Ulanbaatar in Mongolia. beautiful city full of disgusting american fast food restaurants smearing their logo feces all over the landscape. you cant get away from America. you could go to the edge of the world and theres probably a fukking burger king. i hate it here

sorry for rambling
So much hate can't be good for your health. The industry been trying to making another Taylor Swift since her first album did numbers.

And unless something changed she writes her own music

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Uninformed? Youre just a kid....like we didnt see the new members pop up after the Bills, bills, bills follow up..the other girls didnt know they were replaced until they turned on BET. Saw the video. Trifiling. Pathetic. Weak. Selfish. You can ride with little girl but some dont have to forget how she came up.

Please stop being an autistic weirdo. We know you Worship Anorexic White Women.

You're truly an oddball