WTF!!!! Taylor Swift’s album sold 2.5 million first week. And 1.8 million are pure sales.

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
And thats the point the manager and his daughter moved forward without a clean resolution.
Sure did. I don't like the way Mathew handled that, but on the other hand Mathew and his wife were the ones investing money and time into the group when others fell back. :yeshrug:
Sure. But you’d have to be a hobbit to not know who she was.

Your originally post said you werent cultured by knowing who she was. And I completely see and agree with your point, but as you say, she is ubiquitous and I don’t think you could be cultured and not know who she is.
So why are you trying to debate with me??

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Sure did. I don't like the way Mathew handled that, but on the other hand Mathew and his wife were the ones investing money and time into the group when others fell back. :yeshrug:

So why are you trying to debate with me??
I’m not sure if you disagree with my assertion that virtually all English speaking Americans know who she is.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Has an artist ever captured the entire top ten? Is this unprecedented?
It happens a lot these days with streaming or pretty close to it. Almost every time a big project drops. Not sure why people care so much about her sales on a hip hop site though tbh. Is it an ego thing that despite influencing culture this girl sells more than everyone who is more influential on pop culture? She’s an entity in and of herself. There are no Swift clones running around.

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
She couldn't beat Adele, though. :mjgrin:
That was right at the tail end of the physical era though. 2015.
Adele didn’t even do one million first week with her last album in 2021.
Adele benefitted from all the people who were willing to go to the store and buy her CD, but wouldn’t have streamed the album that much first week.

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
Adele benefitted from all the people who were willing to go to the store and buy her CD, but wouldn’t have streamed the album that much first week.

No. Adele's the final boss of this pop game. Logic and facts don't matter in this cold, cold world that we inhabitate.

Now, Taylor can go home and smoke some more crack. :blessed:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
If Kanye never “embarrassed” her all those years ago, she would’ve received a huge backlash by now. The overexposure for such mediocrity is crazy.

I’d understand if she was on the level of a Janis Joplin or Alanis Morrisette. She has zero edge or curves. Just bland and boring.

She will always get a “pass” because of that moment. :francis:

Wrong. She was on her way crossing over as a huge star already, he just sped up her timeline and gave her a forever "woe is me" victim storyline.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub

The labels purposely restricted every means to get that Adele album except physical. It worked

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Taylor Swift is a boring inoffensive musician. Perfect for middle of America casuals.