WTF Is This Exercise?

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
Kid you gotta be special needs :mjlol: you got it
young-athletic-man-upside-down-on-gymnastic-rings-at-the-championship-close-up-MDM89K.jpg

416ddd9b68e3340e94a2955f28e50f13.gif

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
There's an account I've been following on youtube, and its helped me identify useless exercises, or rather to be nice, less effective exercises. I don't know what this is working, ima guess a mix of rear delts and traps, but there's way more effective things than this. 2 main problems are
A) holding yourself upside down is a task in of itself, so you're going to fatigue quicker, which means less reps
B) if you try to go to/past failure, your going to injure yourself for no reason, which means less time at the gym/working out

Unless your training for Brehs Ninja Warrior, there are better exercises for your goals

Last edited:

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
You mean to say you that think its stupid.
If it were pointless, anyone could do it and it wouldn't engage anything meaningful.
If you were to try it, you'd likely bust your face and dislocate a shoulder, cause your core isn't strong enough. That's not pointless.
Something being pointless has nothing to do with who has the ability to do it

Prodyson

All Star
Daps
First, I was making a reference specifically to your statement defining pointlessness.

Second, as the parent of two gymnasts, what he’s doing and what that gymnast are doing are two different things. Furthermore, 80% of the things gymnasts do are pointless for the average person. They’re displays of strength and flexibility for sport, not functional. Outside of gymnastics they’d never do it again.

If he’s training to compete in an event that requires him to do upside down shoulder shrugs, it isn’t pointless. But based on his physique, I don’t think he does for any other reason than to draw attention to himself. Not because this exercise targets any muscles better than a less dangerous exercise