Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
nikka fukk another writer, they gonna hire themselves :heh: get that writing credit themselves :mjlol: the studios gonna develop they own script algorithms, make it privatized and executive gonna take turns "writing"

:banderas: more mid content to flood the market
I was going to put "writer" in quotes, but yes, you see it. It's funny tho, because WAG out here celebrating this deal and the AI protections... when they theoretically opened the flood gates to more stuff being AI generated. Not less.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I disagree.

The part about studios having to disclose if any material shared with the writers was generated with AI is baseless. How can that be verified??? Unless WGA has an agreement with OpenAI, Google, Anthropic, Meta etc... They have no access to what their LLMs are trained off of or what any user generated from them.

Writer: Was this outline/script drafted with AI?
Exec: Nope, next question
Writer: Ok, who wrote it?
Exec: *comes up with a randon name*
Writer: *checks with the WGA and people with inside knowledge if the person exists* And if it does, then a call to that person would suffice.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
BTW, I don't think the deal is perfect nor protects the writers to the fullest. But they did get a lot of what they wanted and are better equipped to face what's coming next for 3 years. It's way more than what the studios wanted them to take for 3-4 months.

If studios find a way to make LLM write scripts that are worth a damn, there's nothing the writers can do about it in the long run anyway.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Writer: Ok, who wrote it?
Exec: *comes up with a randon name*
Writer: *checks with the WGA and people with inside knowledge if the person exists* And if it does, then a call to that person would suffice.
Studios will have "writers" aka prompt engineers to reference

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
So, my guess is that if SAG strikes a deal this month, shows like Abbott Elementary and Young Sheldon will come back in January?

That's really early.

The industry kinda shuts down around mid-October anyway until January for all the holidays so I doubt they're gonna rush into production.

The writer's room fo AE is only about to open this coming week

Mike the Executioner

What went on up there? Poppers and weird sex!
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, New York
That's really early.

The industry kinda shuts down around mid-October anyway until January for all the holidays so I doubt they're gonna rush into production.

The writer's room fo AE is only about to open this coming week

You think a shortened season from March to May would work? Or they might try airing new episodes over the summer?

TDT

All Star
Daps
The late night talkshows(Kimmel,Colbert,Fallon)all premiering tonight..wonder which one will be the first to say something