Writer's and Actor's Strike 2023: Aaaaand Scene...That's a Wrap!

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
Exactly my point, it's a handful of good writers and then THOUSANDS of shytty ones clinging on to their coattails rn pretending like they giving us quality work

I can tell you right now with full confidence that this is a terrible prompt for Ai.

And if you only used one prompt you aren't even using it efficiently to begin with.

I JUST did this with the information you provided and my own questioning

You nikkas just be scratching the surface with stuff, not even utilizing it properly, cmon man

if you need help with using A.I. to ASSIST you on your project, hit my inbox :manny:

Bruh I know how to use ChatGPT :comeon: I’m just keeping it simple on here for brevity sake.

The point remains that prompt you posted is more or less what it will spit out for every character. Typical generic shyt. As a creative person What is the value proposition of AI when you to create the story for AI to create the story.

I’d take Araki’s character template all day over AI.

1e55c461j8e31.jpg

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Actors going on strike was always the second shoe waiting to drop, now it's official. Seems like the actors/writers have considerable leverage given how many shows and films could be delayed due to this. I just saw a report that the next season of Euphoria would likely premier in 2026 due to this. By that time, the show might need to simply be cancelled or completely altered given how much older the cast will be. Likewise for HBO, House Of The Dragon would be fukked too. They've started filming but I assume aren't close to completing the shoot. Throw in the Marvel shyt that is scheduled for production soon and we could be talking about billions of dollars on hold.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Bruh I know how to use ChatGPT :comeon: I’m just keeping it simple on here for brevity sake.

The point remains that prompt you posted is more or less what it will spit out for every character. Typical generic shyt. As a creative person What is the value proposition of AI when you to create the story for AI to create the story.
and that was disengenous of you :unimpressed: why post some bullshyt on purpose in an argument like that, waste of everyone's time posting that shyt for daps

still doesn't make sense because most fightin game character backstories ARE GENERIC :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

and to answer your question you can use A.I. to problem solve writer's block, research into concepts you may not be well versed in but want to use, etc.

the shyt is convenient as a TOOL and yall tryna downplay it's uses because it's not fully replacing a human yet :mjlol: it's only gonna be as smart as the user is who's prompting it at the end of the day

on top that the free version of chatgpt pales in comparison to it's current version, it's not even close :mjtf:

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Actors going on strike was always the second shoe waiting to drop, now it's official. Seems like the actors/writers have considerable leverage given how many shows and films could be delayed due to this. I just saw a report that the next season of Euphoria would likely premier in 2026 due to this. By that time, the show might need to simply be cancelled or completely altered given how much older the cast will be. Likewise for HBO, House Of The Dragon would be fukked too. They've started filming but I assume aren't close to completing the shoot. Throw in the Marvel shyt that is scheduled for production soon and we could be talking about billions of dollars on hold.
Filming on House of the Dragon has stopped.

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
my problem is, these nikkas know good and cotdamn well scripts have been trash for ages and they really just tuning in for the spectacle of action and the actors, even when a plot has an interesting twist, the dialouge is usually still cringe af 9 times outta 10

but the writers going on strike and suddenly everyone acting like they be giving us piff for decades :shaq2: we can admit they should be getting a reasonable percentage of streaming money and also be honest about

:russ: nikka im the same way!

no film school and just show up and handle bidness, the other departments seented it and i was/am able to work whatever job i want. Word of mouth is normal in general in film if you aren't in the super bloated markets of LA and NYC

i took it up another level and did that as well as travelling the country for like the last 9 years :wow: one other coli breh saw the whole journey and can vouch for me

I only did commercials like 3-4 times before i just stuck with big movies and shows, i hated waiting on them net30/net60 checks to come in the mail :russ: stressed me tf out

funny you say sound cuz my homie did sound on Get Out and i was gonna get him to show me the ropes and add that department to my belt too :blessed: stay in touch nikka i may see you around forreal, im coast to coast IRL

True story net30 is the WOAT :scust:

Fasho tho I respect the grind, multi-disciplinary folk in any field aren’t the norm so they respect it more when they see it. I made a network in my area for black filmmakers that’s popped off in a pretty major way, we had a lotta folks working on Blindspotting, Freaky Tales, I’m a Virgo and etc. who wouldn’t have gotten on otherwise. It’s paid me back many times over what I’ve put into it and it makes it easy to keep my ear to the street when I’m cooped up in the house mixing and editing lol.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

SAG-AFTRA announced Thursday that it is on strike against the film and TV companies, marking only the second time in Hollywood history that actors have joined writers on the picket lines.

The SAG-AFTRA national board held its meeting on Thursday morning and voted unanimously to approve a strike recommendation forwarded by the negotiating committee, Duncan Crabtree-Ireland, national executive director and chief negotiator of SAG-AFTRA, said during a press conference. The strike starts at midnight on Thursday and picket lines will begin on Friday morning.

“Union members should withhold their labor until a fair contract can be achieved,” he told the room. “They have left us with no alternative.”

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Max got all the reality shows coming the Discovery family of networks! :krs:
that does worry me. Discovery is powerful enough to do just fine with its goldmine of content, but with HBO being an giant anchor how long are they going to be able to stay above water...