Would you spend $$$ on a home gym in Coronavirus era?

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
What would else u recommend?

honestly, at least two dumbbells(more of you have space) and adjustable bench, and a pull up station. That’s it. Here’s why:

you can do benching at all angles with the bench. You can squat with the dumbbells too Do flat, incline, decline and you gain better control and hit different areas with the dumbbells better as opposed to the barbells. You can do negatives, for max growth. You can row with em, do overhead flat benching pull-ups and hit triceps. Skull crushers for triceps too.

You can also sit down and do cross body rowing for core blasts. Sit down on floor. Extend legs or pull in to body. Grab 30. Slowly go left to right. Don’t bounce. If that’s too heavy go down. Count to ten using 1,2,3 = 1 etc, etc to 10 reps.

On the dumbbells that you buy I’d go 70-80% of your max so for me that means 2 of each of 30s,45s, 70s (or 80s for heavy days, 100s if possible but watch your floor or take it outside)

Lots of cheap pull up stations. Pull ups in different ways hits back, shoulders , traps using your body weight. Superset for max effect. Wide, close, hangs, chin ups, reverse and wide grip (30 secs at a time) can also hang and do abs, leg extensions, ride bike (20 seconds to 1 minute) on the bar, this also helps with your core.

Good to ok bench is $70-$150

Barbells another $100-$150

Pull up bar is $45-$200

thats $500 for your own gym. If you creative you can find matting for less than $100

$500 overall

:obama:

G.O.A.T Squad Spokesman

Logic Is Absent Wherever Hate Is Present
Daps
honestly, at least two dumbbells(more of you have space) and adjustable bench, and a pull up station. That’s it. Here’s why:

you can do benching at all angles with the bench. You can squat with the dumbbells too Do flat, incline, decline and you gain better control and hit different areas with the dumbbells better as opposed to the barbells. You can do negatives, for max growth. You can row with em, do overhead flat benching pull-ups and hit triceps. Skull crushers for triceps too.

You can also sit down and do cross body rowing for core blasts. Sit down on floor. Extend legs or pull in to body. Grab 30. Slowly go left to right. Don’t bounce. If that’s too heavy go down. Count to ten using 1,2,3 = 1 etc, etc to 10 reps.

On the dumbbells that you buy I’d go 70-80% of your max so for me that means 2 of each of 30s,45s, 70s (or 80s for heavy days, 100s if possible but watch your floor or take it outside)

Lots of cheap pull up stations. Pull ups in different ways hits back, shoulders , traps using your body weight. Superset for max effect. Wide, close, hangs, chin ups, reverse and wide grip (30 secs at a time) can also hang and do abs, leg extensions, ride bike (20 seconds to 1 minute) on the bar, this also helps with your core.

Good to ok bench is $70-$150

Barbells another $100-$150

Pull up bar is $45-$200

thats $500 for your own gym. If you creative you can find matting for less than $100

$500 overall

:obama:
Most worried about groceries and bills right now. If their wife finds out they spent $500 on the gym it's gon be a problem :mjlol:

Abraxus

All Star
Daps
Watched a couple review videos on YouTube and settled on this one

going to go with the one with pull down attachments. This shyt ain’t going to end no time soon, not even after Summer so I’ll spend the extra and just go all out since I have the money.

:unimpressed:

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
I've been doing a calisthenics based home workout with olympic rings for the last 6 months, gotten a few muscle ups now working on the front lever :whew: Pull ups, dips, rows, squats, and push ups are all you need as a foundation...then you just gotta build up/switch the difficulty of the exercises progressively as you get stronger :manny:

Oh and for cardio nothing beats a good jumprope routine :ufdup: 30 mins a day jumping rope gonna have your cardio and calves through the roof!

Jump rope has helped my running stamina/endurance...

I swear by that shyt now

360dagod

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SAN ANTONIO SPURS NY DIVISION
For now Gyms might have to offer blocks where a certain amount of people are allowed in from certain times and then they shut it down to disinfect for a bit and then bring in a new batch...

Assuming there would be an online system for that...

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
For now Gyms might have to offer blocks where a certain amount of people are allowed in from certain times and then they shut it down to disinfect for a bit and then bring in a new batch...

Assuming there would be an online system for that...
How would that possibly work?

gym have prime hours

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
So far I’ve received my barbell and the base for my squat stand.

Today I have a bunch of other plates and pieces of the squat stand coming.

Tomorrow I should have my dumbbells and ceiling mounted pull up bar.

Built this platform last night.

yDZNdFS.jpg

tybWLKS.jpg

It’s coming together... :wow:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
So far I’ve received my barbell and the base for my squat stand.

Today I have a bunch of other plates and pieces of the squat stand coming.

Tomorrow I should have my dumbbells and ceiling mounted pull up bar.

Built this platform last night.

yDZNdFS.jpg

tybWLKS.jpg

It’s coming together... :wow:
How did you build it?

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
How did you build it?
I used:

4 pc of 3/4" 4' x 8' CDX Fir Plywood
1 pc of 3/4" 4' x 8' Birch Furniture Grade Plywood
2 3/4" 4' x 6' Rubber Stall Mats
1 box of 1-1/4" Construction Screws
1 Tube PL400 Glue

Then I followed these directions pretty similarly:

How to Build a Weightlifting Platform | The Art of Manliness

I screwed and glued the hell out of the base sheets to make sure they are sturdy, but that video is the general process of how I did it.

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Brehs all the websites I see for equipment have big warning messages saying shipping will be delayed by at least 4 weeks.

:snoop:

One of my friends has always had a full gym in his basement i used to think that was needless..he's laughing at all of us now :wow: :mjcry: