Would you spend $$$ on a home gym in Coronavirus era?

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
510 lbs in plates and some more pieces of the base for the squat stand came today...

SzgFxoh.jpg

so did my pull up bar which I am going to mount into the ceiling joist...

TdLTirR.jpg

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Got my equipment today, took a few hours to put both pieces together. The Power Tower is solid as hell, co-worker wanted the same one, it is sold out everywhere and prices are going up. Elliptical is nice with BT for tablet and phone. Spent a total of $400, not bad at all.

3O3A0706.jpg

3O3A0707.jpg

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
510 lbs in plates and some more pieces of the base for the squat stand came today...

SzgFxoh.jpg

so did my pull up bar which I am going to mount into the ceiling joist...

TdLTirR.jpg

thats lookin good... i thought u was kinda crazy for dropping $1800 on Rogue, but now i wish i had your foresight

mufukkas on Craigslist trying to sell a barbell + 90 lbs for $500... :wtf:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Got my equipment today, took a few hours to put both pieces together. The Power Tower is solid as hell, co-worker wanted the same one, it is sold out everywhere and prices are going up. Elliptical is nice with BT for tablet and phone. Spent a total of $400, not bad at all.

3O3A0706.jpg

3O3A0707.jpg
What's your opinion on that tower? Is it sturdy enough that you don't have worry about tipping it? And does it wobble? I'm seriously thinking about ordering one of these. Almost pulled the trigger last week.

I'm thinking about copping this one
Gold`s Gym XR 10.9 Power Tower with Push-Up, Pull-Up & Dip Stations | eBay

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
What's your opinion on that tower? Is it sturdy enough that you don't have worry about tipping it? And does it wobble? I'm seriously thinking about ordering one of these. Almost pulled the trigger last week.

Pretty solid piece, very sturdy, only thing I will say is when you put it together, any hex bolts that have recesses in the poles, don't overtighten them as the recess will round out. I was worried at 1st about tipping, did a few pullups on it, no issues and I'm 230lbs. The legs are long enough to ensure it won't fall forward or backward on you. I have it on carpet so there is some movement, not enough to worry. It is light enough to move around once assembled if you want put it in a spot in your room, I just pull or push it by the dip bars. For me I just slide my couch over and move it behind it when I'm not using it. Side to side it can be knocked over, but there is no exercise I can see you doing from the sides.

Last edited:

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

I would cop that ASAP before it go out of stock

If you worried, buy like 50 lb bag of sand from Home Depot for like $8 and use it as a counter weight

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
One dude called and said he’s selling a pair of 35 lbs dumbbells for 220

:heh: I’ll stick with my total body workouts

this is stupid

we might as well wait out the big rush and let the demand flatten and with more supply prices will correct

-G$-

...fresh outta fux...
Supporter
Daps
Got some more stuff in this weekend, change plates, a bench and dumbbells...

Got my pull up bar installed...

Just waiting on the plate tree for storage and that will do it for me for now until they restock the rowers...

bTTTaex.jpg

DPaQOae.jpg

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
I would cop that ASAP before it go out of stock

If you worried, buy like 50 lb bag of sand from Home Depot for like $8 and use it as a counter weight
Man that shyt went out of stock quick AF. My order didn't go through. I should have bought it last weekcwhen I was looking at it. I ordered this one today but it doesn't look as sturdy. I'll find out soon enough.
Der Powertower in Schwarz | Gorilla Sports ✓