Would you rather have no A/C in the summer or no heat in the winter?

Would you rather have no A/C in the summer or no heat in the winter?

• Total voters

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall sound like negropeans...

If you're black you're basically built to deal with heat. And not just deal, but thrive in it.

The cold can kill you dead. I lived in Alaska and seen people die from cold. Once your core temperature gets low, no sweater or blanket is going warm you up.
I don't really have a problem being hot if I'm outside in the sun or awake in general, although there is such a thing as too hot in extreme heat.

I have trouble sleeping if it's too hot tho, I never have trouble sleeping if it's too cold.

:manny:

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
Even though I hate the heat, I don’t think brehs know what the freezing cold really feels like.

No AC ✅
Obviously they don't. When that wind chill hits the negatives, ain't no "layering up" to fight it.

Disregard if you from the West or South

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you can die first to the cold before you perish to the heat
Actually heat is the biggest killer of all weather events combined. But for the most part heat except for a few periods each summer heat is pretty manageable but the cold can do more damage to your home by freezing pipes and stuff like that.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Thankfully, me & my wife had the sense to get a home with central A/C. People in the PNW will swear up and down you don't need it, though more homes are being built with it. Even her parents were on that line of thought until a few years ago. It's damn near in the 90s in Seattle. Not needing A/C up here may have been true a decade ago, but climate change is real.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
This damn Cali sun hit different. I can be out in the sun all day in Illinois with no issues.

I spend a few hours out in the sun here and damn near got sunburn on my forehead:pacspit:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably no ac in the summer because when it’s cold you can’t even function. At least the basement is usually a constant 75 even during a heatwave

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
I live in the South so heat is more an issue than cold. Also I can just wear more clothes and put on a blanket in the cold.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
No heat in the winter, you can put on more layers. I'm in Washington and my apartment is 87 rn and it's only gonna get hotter, for days. This shyt got me mad af, there's no way to cool down
Air Conditioning....:dwillhuh: