would you join the military? why and why not?

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
You also have tuition assistance which is $4500 a month. For the most part people don't even use most of it which is why it was almost taken away. The post 9/11 GI Bill is the greatest thing known to man. Research it.

Nothing wrong with any branch. There is more misinformation about the military amongst civilians than anything and especially more in the black community. :wow:

I'll speak on it later. I have clients :win:

:dwillhuh:

The black elitist...upping the military?

I tell ya these arm chair activists :snoop:

I say don't, do not, I repeat, DO, NOT, join the fukkING military!

Worst decision someone could willingly make. :smh:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
what field you been thinknin about?

you gotta degree? whats yo current mindset? is it the last resort or more of a beneficial move

imma be honest

my whole life i would say about 90% of the people i talked to never was put in danger

most people clocked in and out like a regular job, but was provided more resources in the military compared to out here

In what branch tho motha sucka :patrice:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps

In what branch tho motha sucka :patrice:

why not tho?

air force,navy,and army

most nikkas/females i met stacked they money and doing good right now
either good job,still active,got a degree,etc

i mean i met some nikkas that aint take advantage of the opportunity but i noticed one thing....they STILL aint doin shyt

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
why not tho?

air force,navy,and army

most nikkas/females i met stacked they money and doing good right now
either good job,still active,got a degree,etc

i mean i met some nikkas that aint take advantage of the opportunity but i noticed one thing....they STILL aint doin shyt

They're still deploying fools (Army I know of) off to Afghaniland breh. shyts real out there.

And I say the military should be a person's absolute last resort. I mean, you're going to be eating dog food living in a gang infested neighborhood before you'd join the military. :sadcam:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Oh @Coney Island

I thought you had experience in the military and then I just realized you're the op, probably thinking about joining. Well I'll say this. Don't do it. Save yourself the trouble my man.

Last edited by a moderator:

datmass

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
all i know to say is cancel & reverse orders. i cant even give direct orders:beli:
so no im not joining the military

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
Oh @Coney Island

I thought you had experience in the military and then I just realized you're the op, probably thinking about joining. Well I'll say this. Don't do it. Save yourself the trouble my man.

naw im not thinking about joining at all...i mean i would but it was just mroe of a conversation me and a couple of my nikkas was having

my boy just took his ASVAB and gonna join, the thing about it was he not in a fukked up situation at all, or better yet its not his last resort

i noticed people always equate military=last resort

i wanted to see some responses from people who would join without looking at it like its the last resort, but more of a career move

Last edited by a moderator:

Paisley Darts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Richmond, VA
I joined the Air Force Reserves 4 years ago. It was a good move at the time...I was in between jobs/unemployed and I always wanted to be in the military. I got 15K signing bonus for joining. I have 2 more years on my contract. I will probably get out. Its not that bad..its just boring because we don't do shyt and I'm sick of driving an hour and a half to base once a month.

People are talking about the military is dangerous...It depends on the job. My job, I just load cargo/people/etc onto planes..its pretty safe. Again, it depends on the job. Everybody isn't holding an M-16 walking amongst infidels.

Also, if you are planning on joining, my ranking would be...

1-Air Force (most money, best living conditions, food, etc, people aren't really disrespectful)

2-Coast Guard

3-Navy

4-Army

5-Marines

Daps
I dont have kids or a wife. I did the college thing so I doubt i would join. But if I didnt have anything going on at the moment i'd join the air force in a heartbeat.

Just seems like i'd be a good fit :manny:

BlackElitism

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Washington, DC
aite come back man and let me know im interested in seein what you gotta say

If you already have a degree you need to go in as an officer. Don't let anyone con you into enlisting first. Secondly this notion that you will be sent to the front lines to die is false. The belief that negroes were sent to die in mass in Vietnam is simply an urban legend throughout the black community. Of the 58,193 deaths in Vietnam only 7,264 of them were negroes. Liberals dingbats just used that meme to strengthen their base amongst blacks in the anti-war movement. You add in the fact the brothers returning were discriminated out of a job and there's a lost generation as far as military service. The military is the most liberal organization on Earth. The first corporation to desegregate. Out front in support of gay rights. It's the only organization where in mass black men and women and other minorities are in charge of entire companies. Only area I can see where minorities face discrimination in large numbers is in combat jobs.

Unfortunately the military breeds a lot of :duck: tellers. A lot of guys come back with their stories of fire fights and hand to hand combat tales. Most likely it's :duck: Even in the Army or Marines unless you do something combat related for the most part you won't see action especially in today's climate. There are people who do 20+ years and never deploy. Actually a fair amount of people do this. Medical fields almost guarantee you're in a hospital. Someone said it best. Join as an officer and do your 4 years and ride out. Or get Captain's Career Course and be guaranteed a GS-12 job on the outside. There's a lot of time and room as an officer to get your Master's degree. Couple that with being a Captain in the military and you are :win: whatever you decide to do.

:jawalrus: I can't disrespect my brothers in uniform. The sweat and blood my pops put in allowed me to go to Dartmouth :win:..Afforded this AC I'm enjoying. I will never shy away another brother from an opportunity to advance himself.

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
Hell no I wouldn't join..you gotta be a straight bytch made nikka to let another nikka most likely a cac yell in ya face and give you orders..

Drill sergeant: get down and give me 50!!!

Me: you better get the fukk from around me with that yelling before I fukk you up. I'm not doing no push ups. I eat when I want and I sleep when I want..I work out when ever I feel like it..if you have any problems with that, then we can take it outside so I can kick ya teeth in..

And don't let them give me a rifle cuz I'm running up on officers putting the barrel to the side of their dome if they want more problems..