would you join the military? why and why not?

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
fukk no. because the benefits, no matter how much they would help me "advance" in life aren't worth sacrificing my character, integrity and my ethics. personally, im not into the idea of helping to uphold imperialism for my own personal benefit.

lololol you live in America

No. I refuse to be property of the U.S. Government and I don't love this country enough fight for it.

I had one homeboy who was kinda lazy in HS and got talked into joining the army. after a year there, this dude came back on a mission. he wasn't trying to party, kick it or nothing. He was trying to arrange meetings and writing letters to the city officials trying to get their support so he could be discharged. I never seen that dude have that much passion about anything in his life. He spent 2 years basically trying to get discharged

My pops was in the Air Force and even he was like :patrice: when I asked him about it. He basically said the only way he would want me to go is if I didn't finish High School :ld:

but lets say you wasnt in a fukked up situation

like the military isnt your last choice, do you think it would be that bad? if you had maybe a AA or a bachelors, some lil money already saved up, no commitments, still in a positive mindset. it seem like alot of nikkas have to go but what about joinin to better yourself plus get paid for it and travel

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
I'd teach english, volunteer, etc there's all sorts of things you can do where you don't have to sacrifice your freedom for.

You essentially become property of the US govt. you do what they say and when they say it, and since the Military is now just the pitbull for corporations and special interests there's no way in hell I'd ever join them.

what do you mean by corporations and special interest?

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
lololol you live in America

like the military isnt your last choice, do you think it would be that bad? if you had maybe a AA or a bachelors, some lil money already saved up, no commitments, still in a positive mindset. it seem like alot of nikkas have to go but what about joinin to better yourself plus get paid for it and travel

If you want to get paid to travel, hit up @Tommy Knocks, there are companies in China that will pay you and give you an apartment to teach English. You could join habitat for humanity and build houses in another country, room and board, I don't know there's so many other options I'd look at. To me, the military is the absolute last choice and if I had to join it'd be the Air Force, simply because I have no intentions of dying for something I don't believe in.

Last edited by a moderator:

Family Man

Banned
Daps
If you are black you have no business joining the military. Let the CACs fight their own wars. Why should you go fight for America and come home to being treated like a second class citizen, black man?

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I should of...

Flirted with the idea...army rotc, air force officer program...

Im too old now but i would have joing eother one of those branches...always wanted to be a pilot...and i could have used the structure and discipline in my life. Not to mention the education and experience.

Christie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL (Winter Park Area)
If you are black you have no business joining the military. Let the CACs fight their own wars. Why should you go fight for America and come home to being treated like a second class citizen, black man?

Why even live in Amerikkka then?

Bowie-disapproves.gif

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps
If you want to get paid to travel, hit up @Tommy Knocks, there are companies in China that will pay you and give you an apartment to teach English. You could join habitat for humanity and build houses in another country, room and board, I don't know there's so many other options I'd look at. To me, the military is the absolute last choice and if I had to join it'd be the Air Force, simply because I have no intentions of dying for something I don't believe in.

yea i would say the Air Force and maybe the Navy are my only choices
but naw my bro just took his ASVAB in hopes of joining i dont think he interested in teaching

we was chillin it was a couple of us and these nikkas is tryna convince him not to go but the answers they was trying feed him he wasnt hearing it...i would say he is approaching the situation with a positive mindset and lookin at it moreso a move thats gone benefit him

if anything i was hopin somebody gave me some reasons not to go.... outside of freedom,integrity,respect,blah blah blah, welcome to america

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanface coney

Superstar
Daps

imo nothing wrong with Air Force or Navy for blacks

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Typical day as a Marine (Monday-Friday):

0500: Get up with a hangover from excessive drinking the night before.
0600: Triple-S, head to chow hall for Morning Chow
0700: Arrive @ Disbursement office for first formation.
0730-1130: Process payroll records
1130-1230: Afternoon Chow
1230-1630: Process payroll records
1630: Final formation & dismissal
M-W-F 1630-1830: Physical Training
1630/1830-0500: Get drunk, go clubbing, take in movies, go sightseeing, attend classes, etc.

$2,000/mo. with NO bills as an E-1.​

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
lets say if you had a degree, no kids or commitments, would you join?

and if so which one?
Depends. How's the job market and the future job market? If private sector jobs are out there, at least try to apply to those jobs first.
If your heart is set/ready for a military lifestyle, which takes you away from a normal lifestyle, and you are interested in some aspect of the military and/or using that to catapult you to a career goal (private sector military contractor, CIA or other government agency, just plain job experience in a supervisory role), then go for it.

Money isn't always a good reason to join. You may like being set financially but if you hate the military lifestyle, you will be unhappy.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I personally think the only reason to do it is if you have kids at a young age...like before you finish high school or college. I'd rather them be taken care of with military money vs welfare money. (If those were the only options).

People without kids and commitment, I'd say go teach English abroad or something or join the Peace corps or something. Get some global exposure without being property of the US government.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland

Thats the thing, If I wasn't in a fukked up situation. Why would I need to the Miltary in order to do those things you mentioned? If I had my degree getting a job and making money wouldn't be a issue. Its cool to be able to travel aboard but if have to go and occupy somebodys else country and travel with a bunch a people I'm probably not too fond of I doubt I would actually enjoy it alot.

You got people talking to you all kinds of crazy and disrespecting you, and unlike any type of employment you can't leave if wanted without facing reprcussions for it.

And most importantly. especially after 9/11. I was totally against us invading Iraq cause I had a feeling (and was right) they had nothing to do with 9/11. But yet if I would have joined the miltary after H.S. I would have been over there fighting against those people and shyt...

I got mad respect for the people that do it, but I couldn't do it and I doubt if I would let my son join either :ld:

Lakers Offseason

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If I had no kids or wasn't married? I'd join the Air Force. I love electronics and would want a job that's got something to do with engineering, plus you ain't down there in the streets of Afghanistan getting shot up.

In regards to all the talk about supporting US imperialism and shyt. We already live here and pay taxes. You're already supporting it. If ya'll really feel strongly about it you should move to another country. Every country is on some "do what it takes to get ahead" mentality. I rather be here and be on the winning side:manny: