Would you go back to the Mesozoic era (dinosaurs) with 5 people for $500 million?

Would you go back to the Mesozoic Era for three weeks?

• Send me back for the $500 million

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • Fukk that

Votes: 78 58.2%

• Total voters

Pirius Black

Superstar
Daps
This is a death trap. First of all, the composition of the atmosphere has changed over time. The atmosphere was 35% oxygen, meaning while you could breathe the shyt just fine, this means a denser atmosphere. Meaning that any fire you start would rage out of control, an atmosphere that is 35% oxygen (65% more o2 than the modern era) would enable wet vegetation to burn, so cooking is off the table. Secondly, that high oxygen content in the atmosphere totally made giant insects and arthropods. Because the air was so much thicker, the early ancestors of dragonflies evolved to have wingspans that were sometimes as much as 2 or 3 feet wide. You had 3 ft fukking scorpions, big ass centipedes and 8 ft millipedes running around and shyt. Only the lower oxygen constrains insect sizes in our comfy, no dinosaur era. Hell, your fukking immune system would probably collapse if you even tried to eat the flora and fauna. You'd be going to an alien planet with only the barest slivers of knowledge that we gleamed from digging these b*stards up from the ground. Lastly, there would be the shyt you couldn't anticipate, unknown unknowns. Equipment breaking down, unknown species (Ancient Aliens?), the inability to predict the weather could dead you within 48 hours and y'all talking three weaks? shyt would be 1000 Ways to Die, Mesozoic edition.

Daps
You'd probably catch some wild prehistoric virus from eating dinosaur meat or plants with dinosaur shyt on it and die

Or if you make it back, transfer that virus to the rest of the human population and start another pandemic
Fukk around and catch that shyt Goku got on Namek.
Goku-Heart-Virus-1.jpg

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
You'd probably catch some wild prehistoric virus from eating dinosaur meat or plants with dinosaur shyt on it and die

Or if you make it back, transfer that virus to the rest of the human population and start another pandemic
Whats more likely is that we would spread our mundane diseases to that time breh. Those creatures 100 million year dont immunities to the most basic bacteria and viruses our body carries around daily.

We gon fukk around and cause premature global plague before mammals got the chance to leave those underground burrows. Come back to "humanity" looking like

e1387bad8084d5443c1c220eae287e18.jpg

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
Pretty sure the atmosphere was different back then, slightly lower oxygen levels. Would have to walk around in a astronaut suit. Easy bait :pachaha:

Think I read somewhere that the air was compromised of different shyt back then.

A lot more nitrogen and wayyyyyy less oxygen. If any breh took this bet, you might die from a lack of oxygen fairly quickly. Unless you're a sherpa from Nepal climbing K2, you probably don't have the lungs to make it.

I'm starting to even irk myself at the number of times on this site that I gotta repeat this statement. But damn, yall nikkas done all failed science growing up. My God its getting ridiculous :picard:
I don't mean to single out these 2 but damn, let's do some critical thinking. Would larger animals need less or MORE oxygen consistently in the atmosphere to survive? Think about it...

MORE

ITs even one of the 3 major theories behind the extinction of the dinosaurs. The oxygen levels during the Mesozoic Period hovered around 35%. The earths atmosphere now is only 21% oxygen and has been on a steady decline for millions of years. Theres a reason why creatures are getting smaller and smaller...this is basic science stuff fam. Larger vertebrates and even FATTER nikkaS need more air to breath. Its basic science. Yall nikkas kill me:stopitslime:

MacNCheese

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Since there's incentive to come back with less people than you came with, I'd need to make sure at least some of those people I bring are useful, but not more useful than me. I'd need an expert on the animals of that era, a survivalist ex-military type (preferably one I'm cool with, so I know he wouldn't kill me at the last minute), and a doctor or emt. The last 2 guys also can't be more skilled than me in anything important, and they'd have to be guys who aren't capable of killing anyone but also unsympathetic enough that they'd be the guys the ex-military guy goes after when he figures out the deal.

Daps
Reppin
London
I'm starting to even irk myself at the number of times on this site that I gotta repeat this statement. But damn, yall nikkas done all failed science growing up. My God its getting ridiculous :picard:
I don't mean to single out these 2 but damn, let's do some critical thinking. Would larger animals need less or MORE oxygen consistently in the atmosphere to survive? Think about it...

MORE

ITs even one of the 3 major theories behind the extinction of the dinosaurs. The oxygen levels during the Mesozoic Period hovered around 35%. The earths atmosphere now is only 21% oxygen and has been on a steady decline for millions of years. Theres a reason why creatures are getting smaller and smaller...this is basic science stuff fam. Larger vertebrates and even FATTER nikkaS need more air to breath. Its basic science. Yall nikkas kill me:stopitslime:
:gucci:

You're the one annoyed for no reason breh. We weren't trying to be accurate with these statements. We just wanted to say the atmosphere was probably different and we would need to keep that mind