Would you consider Aborigines black?

hatechall

Banned
Daps
Reppin
universe
From a Biological perspective IT'S NOT!!!!!

There is no genetic sequence unique to blacks or whites or Asians. In fact, these categories don’t reflect biological groupings at all. There is more genetic variation in the diverse populations from the continent of Africa (who most would lump into a “black” category) than exists in ALL populations from outside of Africa (the rest of the world) combined!

This is the problem with most racial arguments on theColi.com, Most on here continue to approach racial debates in a scientific manner ( and use horrible junk science and off base genetic references) when Race is a SOCIAL CONSTRUCT.

Based on Coli posts, you'd think that race is quite a real thing.

Cacs are inherently devilish, etc. It's true that there are very few genetic sequences unique to blacks, whites or Asians, however, people from different regions of the world are more closely related to each other than to people from other regions.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say sub saharan genes with negroid based features but not necessarily dark skin and "nappy" hair. You can be caramel with wavy hair and still look "black".

Da fukk is wavy hair? Black hair goes from kinky to tightly curled. The curls get less tight the more non-black ancestry the person has.

No such thing as looking black and having wavy hair. Whatever the hell that means.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Black is diverse breh. I keep hearing about how black is anyone who has predominantly ssa ancestry, Eritreans/Ethiopians have predominantly ssa ancestry yet they look completely different

images

images

Those ethiopians are actually outliers. The majority of the population that have a largely ssa ancestry have black skin and nappy hair. What distinguishes Ethiopia from other countries in Africa is there are a lot of mulattoes thank to millenia of mixing with whites from the middle east.

Thus its false to use them as examples of African diversity. They are simply examples of a mixed race.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a stupid assertion. If race is a real thing, then it has to be based on overall genetic similarities and behaviors.

Australian Aborigines and Pacific Islanders are more closely related to Asians than Africans.

The end.

But that's the problem. Race isn't real. Its a social construct based solely on phenotype. Why do I day that? Because when some tries to discriminate or favor you based on your race they don't take a DNA sample. They simply look at you.

So yes. Pacific islanders are very different genetically from Africans. Yet when Europeans first came across them, they called them negritos (little negroes) and named their land Papau New Guinea (because to the European that discovered the island, the natives looked like the people of Guinea is West Africa). And the aborigines in Australia experienced racism similar to African Americans in Jim Crow America.

So because they look "black" and get treated "black" I consider Pacific islanders black regardless of what a DNA test says.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Those ethiopians are actually outliers. The majority of the population that have a largely ssa ancestry have black skin and nappy hair. What distinguishes Ethiopia from other countries in Africa is there are a lot of mulattoes thank to millenia of mixing with whites from the middle east.

Thus its false to use them as examples of African diversity. They are simply examples of a mixed race.
wrf are u talkin about.....

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
That's called significant non-black ancestry.

I meant there are no full blooded black people with that type of hair. Even most East Africans have nappy hair.

Stop with the outliers. Blackness is rather uniform.

Trust me they are far from being outliers, especially in the Northern Nile Valley btw Egypt and Northern Sudan, you see this quite often.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Trust me they are far from being outliers, especially in the Northern Nile Valley.

Great. You're posting pics of people that live right on the border between 2 continents as proof of the diversity of Blackness. nikka please. That would be like me posting pictures of half Asian looking people from Kazakhstan as proof of the diversity of Europeans.

People that live near the border of different continents are usually a combination of People from both sides.