Would you consider Aborigines black?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
What is the harm in non-black people pretending to be black? :wtf:

As long as they're down and real black folks around them don't feel like they're using their identity as black to harm the black community or black interests, then I have no problem.

Hell I got more problems with real nikkas like Ben Carson.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
i consider myself black american, not african. why would i want to go there, when they're drowning themselves trying to get over western civilization
Breh I had no idea you were this ignorant. Just because thousands of africans are trying to get to Europe, does that have any bearing on the lives of billions of Africans, of thousands of different groups? Unbelievable

Misreeya

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Sudan/New Zealand.
Great. Your posting pics of people that live right on the border between 2 continents as proof of the diversity of Blackness. nikka please. That would be like me posting pictures of half Asian looking people from Kazakhstan as proof of the diversity of Europeans.

People that live near the border of different continents are usually a combination of People from both sides.

Watch that word please, that will make you pathetic when addressing me, since politically i cannot use it for obvious reasons. Let me see, this is the continent of Africa

timthumb.php

Where is the other continent you speak of?

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Breh I had no idea you were this ignorant. Just because thousands of africans are trying to get to Europe, does that have any bearing on the lives of billions of Africans, of thousands of different groups? Unbelievable

i'm still not getting an answer here. as someone accustomed to the quality of life in US, why would i jump into 3rd world standards? obviously you feel the same way, which is why you're over here to begin with, right?

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
As long as they're down and real black folks around them don't feel like they're using their identity as black to harm the black community or black interests, then I have no problem.

Hell I got more problems with real nikkas like Ben Carson.

So you don't see any harm in people like Rachel Dolezal getting socio-political benefits by pretending to be black?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
i'm still not getting an answer here. as someone accustomed to the quality of life in US, why would i jump into 3rd world standards? obviously you feel the same way, which is why you're over here to begin with, right?
First of all, the reason why im "here", if you mean Canada and not America, is because I was born "here".

Secondly to blanket the entire continent from Joberg to Tunis as "third world standards" is hilarious. As if there are no variations between standard of living between the various nations and regions.

Finally, Im accustomed to the higher quality of life here in Canada. Statistically, Canadas quality of life is ahead of America in every catagory. Why would I jump into visiting or living in America? Obviously America, like the various regions of Africa, has something to offer, despite their obvious problems.

Raptor

All Star
Daps
Reppin
World
Those ethiopians are actually outliers. The majority of the population that have a largely ssa ancestry have black skin and nappy hair. What distinguishes Ethiopia from other countries in Africa is there are a lot of mulattoes thank to millenia of mixing with whites from the middle east.

Thus its false to use them as examples of African diversity. They are simply examples of a mixed race.
Theres a huge diversity when it comes to hair in Ethiopia

Most highlander Ethiopians have curly hair like this kid

images

images

images

some have soft frizzy hair

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

Some have nappy hair
images

images

images

images

images

images

Last edited:

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
First of all, the reason why im "here", if you mean Canada and not America, is because I was born "here".

Secondly to blanket the entire continent from Joberg to Tunis as "third world standards" is hilarious. As if there are no variations between standard of living between the various nations and regions.

Finally, Im accustomed to the higher quality of life here in Canada. Statistically, Canadas quality of life is ahead of America in every catagory. Why would I jump into visiting or living in America? Obviously America, like the various regions of Africa, has something to offer, despite their obvious problems.

you told me you were in los angeles :yeshrug: either way, canada, us, same difference. your parents traveled outside of africa, because they wanted more opportunities and access to resources, right?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
you told me you were in los angeles :yeshrug: either way, canada, us, same difference. your parents traveled outside of africa, because they wanted more opportunities and access to resources, right?
This discussion of why my parents came here signifies a broad generalization. Obviously thats the majority of the reason why people leave their homeland and go to another country. My father came to LA in 1977 and Somalia was in great shape at the time. Either way, situations change and to generalize "Africa" as some people exporting place with no staying value is bullshyt. Look at Portugese immigration to Angola for example.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Theres a huge diversity when it comes to hair in Ethiopia

Most highlander Ethiopians have curly hair like this kid

images

images

images

some have soft frizzy hair

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

images

Some have nappy hair
images

images

images

images

images

images

That's because they are mixed.

Some of you keep ignoring this. We have the same thing here in America with mulattoes having good hair.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
I'm Guyanese. If someone overseas asks me where I'm from I say Guyana. But when I'm home, I'm seen as a black man. The politically correct term is afro guyanese but no one uses it.

Hell my American Indian grandma still says negro when referring to black folk in Guyana.:mjpls:

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think meaningless is self-explanatory. People who may be considered to be black in America or the west in general may not be in other parts of the world.

I'm not Ghanaian and I don't know too many Ghanaians, but years ago when I was 20 I briefly dated an Ashanti chick and she called herself black and referred to me as black. Obviously you know this dude better than any of us, but I think "meaningless" may be a way of saying it's redundant since everyone in Ghana is the same race. In racially homogeneous countries/regions, people often label themselves by tribe/ethnicity in day to day conversation, this is definitely the case in East Asia (China, Korea, Japan), and people in that region also affirm a "yellow/Asian" heritage. Like I said, I don't know exactly how it works in Ghana, but I don't think they reject "black" so much as it's never relevant to any discussion since everyone there is black. It's just a far less racialized existence in all black countries.