Would doing 10-pull ups a day make any difference breh?

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't claim to know everything about this workout shyt, but when I started adding pull-ups to my routine it gave me some of the most notable gains of any exercise. It's a compound exercise too.

Pullup-image.jpg

It engages too many muscle groups not to be a valuable exercise. Some people choose lat pull downs, some people do rows. My poison has been pull-ups. To say it's only for beginners is misguided. It engages so many muscles in your back and biceps, it improves overall strength, and helps prevent back problems.

Add 3 or 4 sets of 10 to your routine, take before and after pics, you'll see a noticeable difference in 30 days.
Yeah I used to do them, felt maaad burn in my lats and the side of my pecs. I think it’s the fact that they’re hard to get into and not as cool as doing bent over rows or something pause.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:hhh: These light work numbers you boast of. We’re all about six’s here.

6 certs.
6 series
6 figures
6 minute miles

I can easily do a six minute mile, can I do a 6 minute mile for 6 miles straight? No. But maybe one day I'll get there. :manny:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Who says?

What YouTube clown or article? Links.
I said that wrong. I hear people saying it’s a non-functional movement all the time. It definitely builds muscle and strength
if you’re in the beginning-intermediate stage though. I’m saying it’s not the end of the world if you don’t do them, like it would be with a overhead press or something.

downtheline

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in the DMV
Palms over the bar

Work up to pyramids (2,4,6,8,etc /work back down)

Regular, Wide Grip, Close grip, Commando as well

Through Burpees in the mix, and you will see results

Some people do a burpee under the bar, straight into a pull up

Do negative pull ups if you have to, I promise you will se results if you stick with it.

Do not do chin ups, or the “kipping “ pull-ups . Good luck, most Americans could probably not do 1 pull-up.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Yeah if you’re new to working out. There’s a reason why a lot of people don’t do them. You won’t ever need to do that kind of pulling movement unless you’re falling off a cliff like Nathan Drake. Those that do them regularly are obviously stronger than those who don’t, but it’s not a necessary exercise for most people.

who’s talking about when you need them? We just want our backs to be wide as shyt :ahh:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think I got sciatica doing like 50 pull ups in one day :sadcam: I ain’t sure but my back got fukked up a few days later. I always did pull ups but had it did them in like two months then went hard as hell one day smh. nikkas done made me switch to the dip bar. I’m pushing up not pulling up now:francis:

President Sakora

Supporter
Daps
not really but doing 4 sets of 10 a day would. take a 2 minute break between sets then after 2 weeks decrease it to 1:30 seconds another 2 weeks decrease it to 1 minute then 2 weeks after that 30 seconds. once you get to the 30 second range go to the gym and see how much stronger you got doing the lat pull down.

thank me later.

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
:ehh:

Why don’t more people do it then?

Because hella people are weak and lazy so they can't or don't do them. :ufdup:

Motherfukkers always try to get of thing they don't wanna do at the gym (assuming they even go), then wonder why they have shytty (or no) results. :snoop:

And you got receipts of folks saying pull-ups are overrated or was that an ass pull? :stopitslime: I'll wait. :mjgrin:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Palms over the bar

Work up to pyramids (2,4,6,8,etc /work back down)

Regular, Wide Grip, Close grip, Commando as well

Through Burpees in the mix, and you will see results

Some people do a burpee under the bar, straight into a pull up

Do negative pull ups if you have to, I promise you will se results if you stick with it.

Do not do chin ups, or the “kipping “ pull-ups . Good luck, most Americans could probably not do 1 pull-up.
Why no chin ups or kipping pull ups?:dwillhuh:

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I think I got sciatica doing like 50 pull ups in one day :sadcam: I ain’t sure but my back got fukked up a few days later. I always did pull ups but had it did them in like two months then went hard as hell one day smh. nikkas done made me switch to the dip bar. I’m pushing up not pulling up now:francis:

:deadmanny:

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Motherfukkers always try to get of thing they don't wanna do at the gym (assuming they even go), then wonder why they have shytty (or no) results. :snoop:

And you got receipts of folks saying pull-ups are overrated or was that an ass pull? :stopitslime: I'll wait. :mjgrin:

read the comments and his responses. Dude claims to be a rock climber too.