Would African Americans Returning to Rural Areas Help the Communities?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
It couldnt hurt
You’re an expat right? Many blacks are considering leaving this racist ass country altogether. Would you say it would be easier building community in other countries or developing in rural communities if you had some money to throw at it?

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
No, there’s a reason across all racial lines rural areas are less well off. Black folks who are doing ok are usually doing so because they are in job centers with access to better employment, healthcare, and social resources. Picking up and going to the middle of no where removes them from those resources while not having enough of their own to grow an area.
So there’s no getting around any of this if one wants to pursue that country life.

Im wondering what is already being done to address these issues and remove these barriers…
I don’t think throwing money at it is going to cut it either, because I’m sure there’s probably political fukkery behind a lot of this shyt too.:francis:

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
This is awesome! Please share any stories you have about the process!
First thing we gotta do is sell off some houses we have in the family. Its complicated cause a couple of em got 2nd mortgages, and then theres that capital gains tax. Then they need some minor touching up if they gone fetch the best prices. Finding the time to do all this right now is the biggest hurdle.

We still looking at land too, trying to find something that accommodates everybody's needs. Its a multi family project so we need enough space for a few separate households just to start with enough space left over to potentially add more homes to should anyone else we care about decide they want to get in on it. There is strength in numbers and we want this to potentially be the seed of a future small tightknit community for our friends and family who are tired of dealing with all the bullshyt of city life.

Something isolated but not to the point we out in the wilderness in the middle of nowhere. Its tricky, with so many variables, its gone need a lot of care to go into this to be done just right. But the payoff will be well worth the effort imo.

I really owe u one for this thread too because i didnt even know about these usda loans. That could actually be a real game changer here. Will have to talk to my brother he will be very interested in this. Thanks Books, u the best :cheers::salute:

Will post more about my project later i gotta go drop wifey off at her therapy.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Avada Kedavbreh!
Daps
First thing we gotta do is sell off some houses we have in the family. Its complicated cause a couple of em got 2nd mortgages, and then theres that capital gains tax. Then they need some minor touching up if they gone fetch the best prices. Finding the time to do all this right now is the biggest hurdle.

We still looking at land too, trying to find something that accommodates everybody's needs. Its a multi family project so we need enough space for a few separate households just to start with enough space left over to potentially add more homes to should anyone else we care about decide they want to get in on it. There is strength in numbers and we want this to potentially be the seed of a future small tightknit community for our friends and family who are tired of dealing with all the bullshyt of city life.

Something isolated but not to the point we out in the wilderness in the middle of nowhere. Its tricky, with so many variables, its gone need a lot of care to go into this to be done just right. But the payoff will be well worth the effort imo.

I really owe u one for this thread too because i didnt even know about these usda loans. That could actually be a real game changer here. Will have to talk to my brother he will be very interested in this. Thanks Books, u the best :cheers::salute:

Oh and for the houses themselves we was planning on 3D printing some tiny/mobile homes. We are trying to live minimalistic.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Executive Chair Of The West
That’s what white people want blacks to do now.. right now it’s try to get blacks far out the city to the suburbs and once enough blacks are out in the burbs, we buy back the inner cities over priced blacks out and take are resources from the burbs and leave them nikkas 40 minutes out the way wit limited transportation

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps

shyt! This warms my heart and gives hope. Also shout out to @Black Trash! for the original inspiration for this thread

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
For those of y'all interested in getting with family and using the land...

This is a typical story.

Family got land. One part of the family wants to carve up the land, and conflict.

On a different note, it's cats like this, that don't really get much representation in Black Media, much less Mainstream Media.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I mean, yeah, so are major cities. Hell, people are literally camping out on sidewalks in major cities because they can’t afford basic housing. It’s just baffling to me that humanity is cramped in these city spaces and so much land is unused or underdeveloped.
Cities are filled with resources tho. Someone can change their mindset and thrive in a city. In arural areas people who change their mindset often just move to a city

Last edited: