Would African Americans Returning to Rural Areas Help the Communities?

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
I think, individually, and for one’s family, it could be a great move depending on one’s mindset, but community wise, I don’t see it as a net gain or loss. We’re fractured as a community and let’s be honest, most of us aren’t making these type moves for the betterment of community.

For me, and mines, I’d eventually love to leave the city. Get me and mines away from the fast life. I’m set up and further setting things up to where I can do just that.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You would be better off just leaving the country than living around a bunch of hillbilly cacs,small town police,or still living within white supremacy. One move is sacrificing,yet taking a stand. The other is downgrading comfortability for no real reason. Unless your someone who likes being secluded and living in a more natural environment. But that is not most of the community. But if you refuse to leave the country,yes this could be a better alternative. If you can guarantee you wouldnt be around a bunch of racist,in a town controlled by racist sheriffs:respect:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Adverse conditions force ppl to cooperate and work closely with others in the community because your survival depends on it. This worked well for cacs in cold climates.

I'm sure the same would be true if groups of black families were out living in rural areas. They'd be tight knit, and stronger as a result.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
You have to have a community first

There are no Black communities in America period.

A community means having your own Banks, hospitals, grocery stores, ect. The is no area that has Black banks, hospitals, grocery stores, ect. So just buying land and building a home not doing shyt for a community that doesn't exist.
I be thinking what if a bunch of black millionaires pooled money together to found a new city in one of these rural areas and we did just that

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
My family on my father side outside of Burgaw got about 5 miles worth of land on one road that started from when my great great grandfather was freed.
Got they own farm grow shyt and a few of my uncles and cousins driving log trucks making over a 100k a year. Even one cousin who is a professor at UNCW.
It can be done, if you lack excuses.
The 10 acres my grandmother passed down to my father he passing down to me and my sis.
:salute::salute::salute:

Best shyt I heard all year !!