Would African Americans Returning to Rural Areas Help the Communities?

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That’s what white people want blacks to do now.. right now it’s try to get blacks far out the city to the suburbs and once enough blacks are out in the burbs, we buy back the inner cities over priced blacks out and take are resources from the burbs and leave them nikkas 40 minutes out the way wit limited transportation
Yup. This would be the simplest hoodwink if you wanted to take black people from a near permanent underclass to a definite underclass. I would fight tooth and nail to stay in an actual city center rather than be relegated to lower lifespan, lower quality of life, more susceptibility to climate change, no meaningful postal service, barebones or onerous internet, etc. and im a goddamn introvert. Its a big hell no to the idea.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Still got shyt like this too

Bootstraps being stolen because of “I’m white and I say so”. It’s not “wokeness” creating “victim mentality” or hopelessness, it’s actual racist exploitation. Why would you give your all if someone can just take it? At the same time, fukk it, may as well try while we still breathe

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Most black people live in urban spaces and the world is projected to have most people living in urban spaces in the next 50 years.

This lets me know that people of all races across the globe are leaving the rural areas behind. If I’m not mistaken even Native Americans are leaving the reservations to move to cities.

But again if you have a plan to live a prosperous life and it’s in a rural area then go for it.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
You have to have a community first

There are no Black communities in America period.

A community means having your own Banks, hospitals, grocery stores, ect. The is no area that has Black banks, hospitals, grocery stores, ect. So just buying land and building a home not doing shyt for a community that doesn't exist.
Very true...one thing I do hate is division in our black community but an argument that the Cynthia G black female empowerment disciples and the divestors complain about is that blacks and BM don't have an economy and we kings with no kingdoms. I hate how they generalize all BM and say we all are bad and paint us in a negative light but they are right about that part. We are dependent on other folks economies for a good percentage. We need more black businesses and black wealth. Our community has so much culture and rich history but we have so much self hate and division that it's gonna be many years before we reach our full potential.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@King Poetic I notice a lot of black folks are celebrating suburban life but don’t actually realize that suburban life is only going to make the wealth gap larger.

One of the primary reasons why white folks are leaving the burbs is because of easy access. Easy access is just another way of saying “we are saving money”. This is why I find it funny when black folks try to speak down on public transportation because those cacs see it as only using a bus pass while the folks in the suburb have to deal with 3-5 bills taking care of a vehicle.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@King Poetic I notice a lot of black folks are celebrating suburban life but don’t actually realize that suburban life is only going to make the wealth gap larger.

One of the primary reasons why white folks are leaving the burbs is because of easy access. Easy access is just another way of saying “we are saving money”. This is why I find it funny when black folks try to speak down on public transportation because those cacs see it as only using a bus pass while the folks in the suburb have to deal with 3-5 bills taking care of a vehicle.
Want a burger? Time to get in the car to the nearest outdoor plaza.

Want a variety of health facilities? Go miles out in each direction.

Want to take a walk? Sorry, no sidewalks. Get in your car and drive to a park.

Budget shortfalls? Oh sorry, the state sees the cities are white and needy again so all that subsidizing that once took place…nah.

Every conceivable perk of living in a society or community, however you want to break it down, is better in well-funded urban areas. I can get fired today and find multiple potential high paying jobs that dont require much if any drive time to get to thanks to public transportation.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
You’re an expat right? Many blacks are considering leaving this racist ass country altogether. Would you say it would be easier building community in other countries or developing in rural communities if you had some money to throw at it?
It would be Much Much Much easier setting up in a rural part of american rather than setting up overseas. Where I live I'm a Guest and sometimes you have to bribe the cops to do their jobs.

Now if you wanted to ëscape"racist america technically you're not gonna escape that it's global but being rich in any place isfar better than being poor.

Some people caan't hack living even in a small town in their own country those people may be better off in a big city in another country.

The absolute most important thing is that you have enough to sustain yourself whereever you live. My cousin just borrowed 200 bucks from me and she lives in the DMV. I told her to consider living in a lower cost area.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps

The main point of living in the city is convienance and being around other creatives. If you a tech bro it's best to live in San Francisco. If you're a Finance bro head to New York. If you're bus driver you can live anywhere but Cleveland is cheaper than Chicago.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
What would be cool tho is if African/Diasporan millionaires/billionaires invested in each others projects overseas. Turn every black área internationally into a safe haven that wraps the globe… one big International Buford Highway/Belt Road but instead of Asians it’s brehs
Very true...one thing I do hate is division in our black community but an argument that the Cynthia G black female empowerment disciples and the divestors complain about is that blacks and BM don't have an economy and we kings with no kingdoms. I hate how they generalize all BM and say we all are bad and paint us in a negative light but they are right about that part. We are dependent on other folks economies for a good percentage. We need more black businesses and black wealth. Our community has so much culture and rich history but we have so much self hate and division that it's gonna be many years before we reach our full potential.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Still got shyt like this too

Bootstraps being stolen because of “I’m white and I say so”. It’s not “wokeness” creating “victim mentality” or hopelessness, it’s actual racist exploitation. Why would you give your all if someone can just take it? At the same time, fukk it, may as well try while we still breathe

The land grabbing is real in South Carolina you got Military and Golf with a super conservative state and you can get eminent domained right out of your place.

That being said I know a Passport Bro who spends half of his time in Colombia who's a Gullah and he owns a decent amount of land out there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The land grabbing is real in South Carolina you got Military and Golf with a super conservative state and you can get eminent domained right out of your place.

That being said I know a Passport Bro who spends half of his time in Colombia who's a Gullah and he owns a decent amount of land out there.
If this lady had a good lawyer she'd be rich. It's fukked up how they scam Black people and it's the main reason why collectively we're down bad. Black people bought up as much land as they could after slavery and in a lot of cases it was straight up ganked.

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
It would be nice, but we'd be better off putting forth plans to further develop the areas we already occupy. Then create a pipe line were we can ship resources from one community to another. (Ex. We send them urban resources, and they send us food/raw materials.) Dr. Claud Anderson often spoke about this

The Asian and Latino community has this method down to a science

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The main point of living in the city is convienance and being around other creatives. If you a tech bro it's best to live in San Francisco. If you're a Finance bro head to New York. If you're bus driver you can live anywhere but Cleveland is cheaper than Chicago.
Yea and convienance keeps a lot of dollars in your pocket. If a finance or tech bro is paying 3K a month for a studio in these areas they still do not have to deal with the finances of other things. I’m actually giving away my car in February. I’m fed up taking care of a car.