Worst examples of bro science you've experienced?

Daps
Reppin
US of A
Pete-Evans.jpg

Activated Almonds :snoop:

rogue_riezo

Les Enfants Terribles
Daps
When I was younger my grandad told us that lifting heavy weights would stunt your growth, ie. keep you short.

I've been told that shrugs are pointless, "what muscle is this shyt working? This shyt will just lead to a dislocated shoulder".

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Spot training :heh:
There is a million dollar industry behind the idea that if you just exercise your stomach, you'll lose all "belly fat" and have a perfectly flat stomach within weeks :dead:
This one is one of the worst in general lol. nikkas really think you can lose weight just from a certain part. "hey Zeus how do I get rid of this belly fat, you know about fitness right :jawalrus: ?" "you can't lose weight from a certain part you just gonna have to lose weight ALL OVER :umad: "

:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I hear all of this shyt all the time but some of it is based on some truth but just like anything it gets convoluted when people start telling other people

drink/eat protein within 30 minutes of your workout or no gains for you:umad:

A person should eat in an hour or so after working out or you're body will start to feed on itself. Those calories you're burning have to come from somewhere

Eating every 3 hours

If you're bulking you should be eating frequently and it's better to eat smaller meals spread out during the day, that's just a loose general rule to put 3 hours because normally your body takes around 3-4 hours to digest food

Needing twice your bodyweight (in lbs) of protein every day :huhldup:

That's supposed to be kilograms body weight and its slightly less than 2 grams per, anything more is getting shyt out

When I was younger my grandad told us that lifting heavy weights would stunt your growth, ie. keep you short.

I've been told that shrugs are pointless, "what muscle is this shyt working? This shyt will just lead to a dislocated shoulder".

Heavy lifting for prepubescents / pre teens with fukk with growth plates and generally isn't recommended or even necessary