Worldstar is helping indirectly crush the black community

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
My neighborhood is 98% black, I know my perception of my own. I'm around black people all day, know all types of black people. WorldStar changes nothing for me.

Then more power to you. Doesn't mean that it doesn't for other "weaker minded" people. Its not good imagery and it doesn't enrich the black experience in any way...

I can't believe nikkas is in here caping for WORLDSTAR :snoop:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Then more power to you. Doesn't mean that it doesn't for other "weaker minded" people. Its not good imagery and it doesn't enrich the black experience in any way...

I don't watch WORLDSTAR at all, haven't regularly since 2011 but believe banning it would change things like people wouldn't be doing and seeing the shyt they do because a fukking website doesn't exist anymore.

:snoop:

Raava

Staff member
Daps
fukk them nikkas, they ain't never liked black people.

:yeshrug:

That's not the point. We need to stop shrugging off things like this.

I see no other race allowing something that paints them in a negative light to continue to run with such a large following or music that does the same to get mass popularity. We don't have the luxury of individuality when we are being denied, mistreated, and killed because of how we are seen.

It's not even about just others it's about what with think and value ourselves. When other people see themselves protrayed in a certain light they raise hell. They take away business. While we have some that say, I'm not going to support that and we have stopped some things. We have even more who just shrug it off as "that's them nikkas over there" or black people vs. nikkas. Some just accept that as themselves. It's allowed to perpetuate.

Last edited:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:yeshrug: Just don't support it then.

Ask @cook or @midwesthiphop to not make WSHH vids not watchable or an instant ban to kick it off.

I don't have those powers but at the end of the day same way this site has the right to exist so does wshh

I think dudes forget that at the end of the day a large percentage of wshh content is user submitted so unless for a majority of these videos "cacs" are going to these urban areas and filming this stuff the problem is from within

Also to promote @PhonZhi rap music philosophy, have you ever seen a rock group, a jazz player or a country singer promoting wshh or shouting out Q from wshh?

The irony is that Q has on many occasions boasted about wshh being black owned

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
This has nothing about wanting their approval, its about self respect as people and a community. I dont support ignorant actions and from any race but it hurts me more when its mine that is doing it. Do not tell me what I as a man am looking for because it is surely not acceptance or approval, I am about uplifting of my own.

This is what you said breh:

blacks keep feeding into it, i say it all the time how demonizing it is to the community, making us the laughing stock and ignorant but yet we keep filming and hollering the website....I cant believe the ratchetness of this I just saw I am not sure if it was posted already but dont click if you are at work, its not office friendly. UPDATE moving to the JBO just realized nudity wasnt permitted even with a spoiler

Please explain to me who does WSHH make us a laughing stock to?

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I don't watch WORLDSTAR at all, haven't regularly since 2011 but believe banning it would change things like people wouldn't be doing and seeing the shyt they do because a fukking website doesn't exist anymore.

:snoop:

No one said anything about banning it. It has the right to exist in the same way that people have the right to create any music they want. But we can as a people either stop consuming or demand more from our media outlets.

kaiOogway

Pro
Daps
I used to be on there for them vine comps a while ago I feel like I lost a thousand brain cells from the ignorance I've seen

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
That's not the point. We need to stop shrugging off things like this.

I see no other race allowing something that paints them in a negative light to continue to run with such a large following or music that does the same to get mass popularity. We don't have the luxury of individuality when we are being denied, mistreated, and killed because of how we are seen.

It's not even about just others it's about what with think and value ourselves. When other people see themselves protrayed in a certain light they raise hell. They take away business. While we have some that say, I'm not going to support that and we have stopped some things. We have even more who just shrug it off as "that's them nikkas over there" or black people vs. nikkas. Some just accept that as themselves. It's allowed to perpetuate.

Get rid of rap music, WSHH, and anything else you consider "ratchet" and nothing will change in how we're perceived.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is what you said breh:

Please explain to me who does WSHH make us a laughing stock to?

to everyone....why are you singling out just white? media is purposely exposing in a passive aggressive manner..anything done that way is not good

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan

Let's get rid of everything that doesn't enrich the black experience. Would that stop making us "the laughing stock"?

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
to everyone....why are you singling out just white? media is purposely exposing in a passive aggressive manner..anything done that way is not good

Again, who is everyone? Be specific and let me know who its making us look bad to?

Because when I'm around black people (and all of us have seen the ratchet WSHH videos), I've never heard any of them say "WSHH makes us look bad" and it not been in references to white people.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Let's get rid of everything that doesn't enrich the black experience. Would that stop making us "the laughing stock"?

I never used the term, so I don't particularly care about that...im talking about black folks dealing with other black folks. And if we are talking about black created mediums and content that consistently creates images and media that is self-destructive to the black communities then i'd advise to not consume it.

Its only so many twerk videos and fight comps WSHH can make before "twerking" and "fighting" becomes our master status to ourselves. We talk about not being a monolith but we CONSISTENTLY consume and act like one. :manny: