Worldstar is helping indirectly crush the black community

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I beg to differ on the first sentence:upsetfavre:. And if I recall correctly, Worldstar when it first came out was about music, exclusives from your favorite rap artists, etc before it went to the "ratchet" route.

It WAS that's the optimal word. And instead of keeping that way, they went the unscrupulous route and followed the money. We know pal are ignorant, we know they CONSUME ignorance. But when you create the medium in which people consume said ignorance, I have an issue with your brand.

Regardless of what ppl say there is responsibility involved in being a content creator.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
Definitely. There's no doubt that they are protected. All you gotta do is look at how we are handled in the media. Black criminals are always labeled as barbaric monsters while white criminals always got some psychological issues. Mildly off topic but alot of these black dudes out here be having mental illnesses but they never get diagnosed because that would require putting them in the same protected class as white people when they'd rather just further their image shaping of black people. Anything above chaotic behavior is considered abnormal for us.
Exactly, not even just genetic disorders but stuff that is a result of environmental factors. Living under constant attack, seeing how your life is undervalued, stress of living in a hostile environment, stress of poverty, underfunded schools and lack of opportunities, educationed youth raising uneducated youth and people passing down dysfunctional relationships, behaviors and values like inheritance. Stuff has become normalized. When you get out of your environment, you see the world has so much more to offer.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
Just because you don't watch it doesn't mean a large impressionable amount of others aren't. Not to mention non-blacks who will use it as an example and associate you with it regardless if you watch it or not.

J. Cutter

Rookie
Daps
The site owner is an ignorant smart nikka, at its peak, he could have done a total makeover and become a curator of black content worldwide and eat off advertisement by cutting the ignorant and sex bullsheet.

Could have been the go to sites for Mix tapes, hip hop music of all kinds, african music etc. Black movies etc and even news. He has a gold mine on his hand but he does not have the vision past of ignorant bullshyt.

:dame:

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
White people have alternatives to that. In fact, the angsty, crazy dysfunctional music and media is the minority that's why it's part of an alternative lifestyle.

Whereas, dysfunction is intertwined with black media/culture. It's not the same, because those that control the media know how much influence media has. They don't want to show positive images of black folk because they don't even think that much of us. They see black people in positions of power and esteem as something of a fantasy. They see disfunction as normal to black people. And lots of black people feel the same. They don't think they are able to achieve power and prestige unless its through avenues they are familiar with, sports music and drugs.

The few who do succeed need to come back into the community and share and mentor how they made it and how others can too. We have to take care of our own because no one else will.

Everything said here is 100% true. Yall gonna learn one day that having control of the media is one of the most powerful weapons a group can have. Why do yall think WE no longer control hiphop. Think about this for 1 second: BLACK Entertainment Television and Essence Magazine is white owned. Why do yall think they are so invested in our shyt? Ill tell you why. They want to further control our narrative. Million Man March happens, guess what, little to no coverage. Yall keep thinking the constant flooding of negative black stereotypes is "just entertainment" and having 0 effect, well you're wrong. And the biggest effect that its having is the way that we view OURSELVES. Yall keep bringing up "others" but the biggest impact is how its causing us to look at each other and how its playing a role in what the youth aspire to be.

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
blacks keep feeding into it, i say it all the time how demonizing it is to the community, making us the laughing stock and ignorant but yet we keep filming and hollering the website....I cant believe the ratchetness of this I just saw I am not sure if it was posted already but dont click if you are at work, its not office friendly. UPDATE moving to the JBO just realized nudity wasnt permitted even with a spoiler

Hate to burst your bubble but cacs thought you were a laughing stock and ignorant way before WSHH existed and they'll think that long after that site is off the net. The only reason that thought would come into your head (IMO) is because you're low key still wanting white approval. I personally could give a fukk what any other race thinks about black people (one of the benefits if only being around your own :ohlawd:).

I don't associate or hang around non black people period so I don't have to worry about their racist feelings towards me and mine.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Says it's not about looking good for white folks but brings up other nationalities and what they do.

Who the fukk cares?

And I understand the pride thing but um, everyone ain't the same and black people aren't a monolith.

The difference is that we aren't and yet the negative stereotypes persist as the MAINSTREAM aspects of our culture.

Islam may have terrorists but that doesn't persist in their OWN DEPICTIONS of their culture.
White folks may have emo kids and death metal, but those are outliers in their OWN DEPICTIONS of their culture.

We know the average black person isn't a goon or runs around getting in fights or going nuts in the middle of South Beach off molly. BUT WorldStar as a major medium of black culture (whether you want to admit that or not.) would have both US and other peoples believe that it is the norm.

To explain away bias with "we are not a monolith" is off base because institutions like World Star are WHY people think we are a monolith to begin with.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
Exactly, not even just genetic disorders but stuff that is a result of environmental factors. Living under constant attack, seeing how your life is undervalued, stress of living in a hostile environment, stress of poverty, underfunded schools and lack of opportunities, educationed youth raising uneducated youth and people passing down dysfunctional relationships, behaviors and values like inheritance. Stuff has become normalized. When you get out of your environment, you see the world has so much more to offer.
Yeah. Its like we are placed in a ball with no resources to get out. You have to fight your way out and most people get tired of fighting so the end result is what we see today. Honestly this is why i feel like black celebs who legit made it should be celebrated more (differences aside) because the odds were stacked from the start.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
The difference is that we aren't and yet the negative stereotypes persist as the MAINSTREAM aspects of our culture.

Islam may have terrorists but that doesn't persist in their OWN DEPICTIONS of their culture.
White folks may have emo kids and death metal, but those are outliers in their OWN DEPICTIONS of their culture.

We know the average black person isn't a goon or runs around getting in fights or going nuts in the middle of South Beach off molly. BUT WorldStar as a major medium of black culture (whether you want to admit that or not.) would have both US and other peoples believe that it is the norm.

To explain away bias with "we are not a monolith" is off base because institutions like World Star are WHY people think we are a monolith to begin with.

One again, who the fukk cares about what other groups think of black people.

They have never liked us.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hate to burst your bubble but cacs thought you were a laughing stock and ignorant way before WSHH existed and they'll think that long after that site is off the net. The only reason that thought would come into your head (IMO) is because you're low key still wanting white approval. I personally could give a fukk what any other race thinks about black people (one of the benefits if only being around your own :ohlawd:).

I don't associate or hang around non black people period so I don't have to worry about their racist feelings towards me and mine.

This has nothing about wanting their approval, its about self respect as people and a community. I dont support ignorant actions and from any race but it hurts me more when its mine that is doing it. Do not tell me what I as a man am looking for because it is surely not acceptance or approval, I am about uplifting of my own.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
One again, who the fukk cares about what other groups think of black people.

They have never liked us.

I'm more concerned with how we view ourselves. You keep repeating that as if these things don't affect us too. The biggest critics of black people are often OTHER BLACK PEOPLE. And again, i'm not talking about how others view us entirely, what im saying is that when it comes to creating media, it still persists that we create the negative images. We are literally the ONLY American people with any SEMBLANCE of platform that do this.

We don't have the safety net of white privilege to have this be the mainstream depiction of ourselves.

If you think that seeing these images doesn't lessen YOUR OWN perception of your own people and adds to the degradation of black bodies and images then you aren't looking hard enough.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I'm more concerned with how we view ourselves. You keep repeating that as if these things don't affect us too. The biggest critics of black people are often OTHER BLACK PEOPLE. And again, i'm not talking about how others view us entirely, what im saying is that when it comes to creating media, it still persists that we create the negative images. We are literally the ONLY American people with any SEMBLANCE of platform that do this.

We don't have the safety net of white privilege to have this be the mainstream depiction of ourselves.

If you think that seeing these images doesn't lessen YOUR OWN perception of your own people and adds to the degradation of black bodies and images then you aren't looking hard enough.

My neighborhood is 98% black, I know my perception of my own. I'm around black people all day, know all types of black people. WorldStar changes nothing for me.