World War Z

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
There was barely any real "violence" or blood. I just realized that now actually. It was still awesome and a zombie movie it's just not like walking dead. Like one guy gets bit and kills himself before he turns. They don't show him do it you hear him talk then hear the gun shot.

I go to alot of screenings i've seen every big name movie to come out this summer. This is definetly one of the better ones up there with superman, this is the end, iron man etc. I am not hyping this up like best movie ever but its good, even though I didn't read the book. From what I heard, it's similar to the book because the movie is about Brad traveling around different areas trying to find a cure.

Cure. :pachaha: Theres only one cure for an outbreak like that. Bullets and expl0sions. What, you think you just gonna spray some mist in the air and everyones gonna shake their head like, *wow, what got into me, i was a flesh eating maniac for a few years there* YOu have a few billion people trying to go back to work after being out of their minds for years. Impossible. Toss them in the rubbish.

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
Just came back from seeing this. Thought the movie was mad dope (although, I've never read the book so I can't compare). Glad those kids got tossed in the bushes early, they were about to drive me nuts. Almost worse than the kids in 28 Weeks Later. :scusthov:

Spaceman Piff

Superstar
Daps
saw this earlier today

pretty good movie. much better than i expected after seeing those trailers. i thought the movie was gonna have a bunch of shyt with his family, but it pretty much just follows him going to a few different places over the world trying to find the origin of the outbreak.

it's not your typical zombie movie. it's not about a group of survivors trying to stay alive or anything like that. there's less typical zombie violence. but there's still a good amount of action too. but it's more focused on finding the origin/cure than surviving the outbreak.

the zombies are pretty cool. it's crazy how fast the outbreak spreads. you see what hundreds of them running around looks like.. and they're cool up close too. the sound that the one makes with his teeth :what:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i read the book earlier this summer, scared because of the trailers (and it sounds like) its nothing like it :lupe:

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
I thought it was good. Damn good take on zombies per say. A solid 8/10 in my book.
I like the rabies angle in terms of a viral base and its behavioral effects on the host. Despite them not going that much in depth with how the virus works, well, it works(makes sense). If anybody understands rabies, they understand that a major effect of it is aggression. With the human conscious not limited by conscious-like thoughts and on a crazy autopilot. I can see how these zombies were fast, and pushed there host(humans) limit of agility. I would like to see a part 2 but wouldn't really be surprised if they didnt do one

Romell

Superstar
Daps
Just got back and minus the standard stupidity that is written into characters for movies like this it was pretty good. If you read the book and you know how Hollywood works then you know not to expect the book. Definitely the more believable zombie outbreak I've seen on film.

Can't wait to grab this for the bluray collection.

aqualung

I wear a crown of curls.
Daps
Reppin
NYC, Boston, #ByrdGang
Does the movie mention real life zombie ants and fungal parasites that drive hosts to erratic suicidal acts? A Penn State lab helped the Hollywood folks with the science bits.

--> aq out <--

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like zombie shyt and I was very disappointed at the last season of The Walking Dead specifically because they made the zombies such a small threat, slow and easy to kill, and not in the classic zombie flick sense where zombies were slow but unrelenting. This movie completely satisfied everything I felt was missing from that last season.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie was okay, but nothing truly exciting... i still believe the best outta the modern zombie films are both 28 days & 28 weeks (even though they're technically weren't zombies)

this film felt like a generic version of 28 weeks. at least with 28 weeks, it showed how much HUMAN ERROR is the cause(s) of the outbreak and how just as inhumane a government, or should i say the military can be. this in relation with 28 days which showed how HUMANS untouched can be capable to be no better or different from those who are infected.

this film, instead is just a basic zombie flick with a big budget... the government and military aren't flawed, nor are the people. it's just US vs. THEM.. plus the ending was predictable...

not saying its a bad movie, but i felt nothing leaving out the theater.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
movie was okay, but nothing truly exciting... i still believe the best outta the modern zombie films are both 28 days & 28 weeks (even though they're technically weren't zombies)

this film felt like a generic version of 28 weeks. at least with 28 weeks, it showed how much HUMAN ERROR is the cause(s) of the outbreak and how just as inhumane a government, or should i say the military can be. this in relation with 28 days which showed how HUMANS untouched can be capable to be no better or different from those who are infected.

this film, instead is just a basic zombie flick with a big budget... the government and military aren't flawed, nor are the people. it's just US vs. THEM.. plus the ending was predictable...

not saying its a bad movie, but i felt nothing leaving out the theater.

I thought 28 Days was awesomely done, 28 Weeks not so much. I would say 28 Days Later closely followed by Dawn of the Dead and then somewhere down the line Land Of The Dead, WWZ, and I Am Legend(even with the shytty CGI) are all better than 28 Weeks Later.