World War II got to be the pinnacle of human savagery

NkrumahWasRight Is Wrong

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Uncertain grounds
My ex has an uncle that fought in Vietnam

He’s a nice guy overall but there’s this thousand yard stare he gets whenever he speaks for too long or if you get him talking anything related to that time period that’s straight up depressing.

It’s like he’s reliving things pretty much 24/7

he’s analyzing where doors and windows are at all times. I can’t even imagine

My dad volunteered for vietnam as infantry :picard: lunatic

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
I just got done reading about the Ustaše - Wikipedia

They did truly demonic shyt that made a Nazi blush:huhldup:

I went even further down the rabbit hole and learned about the expulsion of Germans during and after the war and how it rivals the Partition of India.

Finnish soldiers even used frozen Russian bodies as scarecrows!!! :mindblown:

The mass rapes by the Soviets

The Holocaust

And that's just the European theatre. You'll get sick just learning about what the Japanese did in Asia:damn:

It's like the world played a collective game on how demonic we can be

breh when i read about what the japanese did in china, it's no wonder that hate is everlasting.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Just read shyt from this thread

We live in much better times :picard: :picard:

For now...

This length of peace is abnormal. Hopefully its the new normal but honestly its only been 60 something years here in America. Pax Americana but with the massive political polarization, the continuing increase in wealth disparities, and the growing popularity and embrace of authoritarianism, who knows how long it will last.

Nothing is guaranteed and nothing prevents things from changing :francis:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I wonder what was the last major 'traditional' war? WWII? Algerian War? Vietnam? Iran-Iraq War?

In terms of human cost?
The Shock & Awe era (2002-04) of the Iraq/Afghanistan War.
The US invaded with mostly people, used humans in planes/choppers, cleared towns door to door. But because that wasn't nation vs. nation, and not even proxies. I wouldn't call it "traditional". But post "War on Terror" and entering the 2nd Obama administration, drone strikes and unmanned combat became much more of a reality. Digital warfare is already here and will be the next major theater of war in the next 50 years IMO.

Basically "How many of them can we kill before our troops even get there?"

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I agree. In terms of mass death and sheer size of conflict, nothing in human history comes close.
In that way the nuclear bomb is a blessing and curse. If we went 100% next time, humans are wiping themselves off the planet. :francis:

Yeah, nukes are weird and fukked up but in a way have stopped warfare from becoming so all encompassing like WWII was. There was literally no part of Planet Earth that wasn't involved in the conflict in some form. But with that kind of war you also have lots of deaths of innocents, war crimes, rape, human trafficking etc. A nuke just...kills every thing.

So massive death but arguably less "suffering". Its morbid to even think about. But Japan mentally was fukked over for years from the bombs, I'd literally never wish nuclear strikes on any nation on this earth.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The evil European white race wins the savagery Olympics hands down:

1.Annihilation of Native Americans, Australian Aborigines, New Zealand Maori.

2. Bombing Japanese civilians with nuclear weapons.

3. Trans-Atlantic chatell slavery.

4. Apartheid.

5. Jim Crow laws.

6. World War 1 & 2

7.Anti-Chinese Opium wars.

8. Global Imperialism.

9. Crack epidemic.

10. Destruction of Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria.

:wow: