World War II got to be the pinnacle of human savagery

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd heard about this one - Dirlewanger Brigade - Wikipedia

But its like a real-life horror movie. Imagine if the Germans had won the war--any state that supported and upheld this even as under the control of one of its most elite military organizations (and that elite military organization itself was responsible fo mass murder, torture and genocide) -- can you even conceive of the evil that would have been inflicted upon the world, especially our people?

We have to be extremely grateful to those who died and served in the war and defeated Germany in 1945. I did enjoy the Man in the High Castle series, but I think they did not do a good job of showing how brutal a Nazi version of the world really would have been post-war. There were some direct demonstrations of it but I don't think they went far enough when you view how horrifying a society would become that normalized that sort of grisly violence.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Nah. Ya’ll don’t know history. There are lands right here in the Americas that were named after millions of people who were extirpated. We don’t know who the Mississippians are. Or who the Carrib Native are.

WW2 tried to do what Christopher Columbus and friends ACTUALLY did.

tribal_nation_map_custom-973eefab3541e8d2c23056100549ac543e59beee-s800-c85.webp

Number of tribes prior to European contact.

Indigenous Holocaust has been brutal. Today there are only about a few million left.

Sources_-University-of-Wisconsin-Press-World-Population-Review-3-583x900.jpg
Transatlantic slave trade and the millions of undocumented black deaths from African diasporas during slavery in the Americas was the only thing close.

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nah. Ya’ll don’t know history. There are lands right here in the Americas that were named after millions of people who were extirpated. We don’t know who the Mississippians are. Or who the Carrib Native are.

WW2 tried to do what Christopher Columbus and friends ACTUALLY did.

tribal_nation_map_custom-973eefab3541e8d2c23056100549ac543e59beee-s800-c85.webp

Number of tribes prior to European contact.

Indigenous Holocaust has been brutal. Today there are only about a few million left.

Sources_-University-of-Wisconsin-Press-World-Population-Review-3-583x900.jpg
Transatlantic slave trade and the millions of undocumented black deaths from African diasporas during slavery in the Americas was the only thing close.

There's two reason why I personally didn't rank the Genocide of the Native American in the top spot.

1. It wasn't total global warfare.
2. Only happened in one place.

Its right there in the trifecta of most fukked up human atrocities though. We don't talk about it NEARLY enough.

Slavery, Holocaust, Native Genocide. Everything else is kinda ho-hum by comparison.

But to the OPs point WWII is close to the top of human savagery because the technology was so advanced. Air Forces with heavy ordinance, machine guns, flamethrowers, the atom bomb, plastic explosives. Theaters of war on land, air and sea, Propaganda machines, assembly lines converted to tank construction. WWII was also one of the peaks of military innovation, and because of that A LOT of people died.
And we haven't seen that level of global devastation since.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
There's two reason why I personally didn't rank the Genocide of the Native American in the top spot.

Its right there in the trifecta of most fukked up human atrocities though. We don't talk about it NEARLY enough.

Slavery, Holocaust, Native Genocide. Everything else is kinda ho-hum by comparison.

But to the OPs point WWII is close to the top of human savagery because the technology was so advanced. Air Forces with heavy ordinance, machine guns, flamethrowers, the atom bomb, plastic explosives. Theaters of war on land, air and sea, Propaganda machines, assembly lines converted to tank construction. WWII was also one of the peaks of military innovation, and because of that A LOT of people died.
The genocide of the Native American didn’t just happen in the United States.

All of the Native Americans of the Caribbean were wiped out. Many died in Mexico, Central, and South America too.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps

I feel you but it didn’t just happen in one place as another poster mentioned.
And in terms of ethnic cleansing....the fact that we don’t even SEE Native Americans today when they were once EVERYWHERE all over the Americas, it speaks to the efficiency of the job Europeans did even without advanced technology. And this was done to indigenous populations across the world. Africa, Australia, N.America, S. America, Asia.

But I understand your other points. When I looked at that graph though...over 125 million people gone and the only thing we really got left of them are the names of most of our states. Alabama, Mississippi, ect.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
The genocide of the Native American didn’t just happen in the United States.

All of the Native Americans of the Caribbean were wiped out. Many died in Mexico, Central, and South America too.
I feel you but it didn’t just happen in one place as another poster mentioned.
And in terms of ethnic cleansing....the fact that we don’t even SEE Native Americans today when they were once EVERYWHERE all over the Americas, it speaks to the efficiency of the job Europeans did even without advanced technology. And this was done to indigenous populations across the world. Africa, Australia, N.America, S. America, Asia.

But I understand your other points. When I looked at that graph though...over 125 million people gone and the only thing we really got left of them are the names of most of our states. Alabama, Mississippi, ect.

Well you can't eradicate Native American's outside of THE AMERICAS. :francis:

I'm not denying its horrors. Not in the slightest. But I'll give you that...didn't it happen in JUST North America...no.

Care to elaborate on this? Out of curiosity.

Japan wasn't allowed to have a standing military since then. So basically they dived head first into RAPID industrialization even more so than during the Meiji era. This was mostly done to supply western powers with raw materials. Literally their recovery after WWII is called "The Economic Miracle". They worked their people to DEATH. Even now in the business world the Japanese are absurdly hard working. Combine that with a strict honor bound culture and you have a suicide rate that's massive and a de-emphasis on mental health/wellness.

Also, their popular culture for the 40+ years after became obsessed with dystopia and post-apocalyptic themes. Japan is only place on earth to get nuked. In their eyes, they've already seen "the world end". If you look at most of their creations most forms of entertainment until the 90's were rooted in the pre-Meiji past or far future. Very little outside of kaiju films were contemporary...and even those were about nuclear fallout. There's a block of Japan's history from 1945-1970ish that they simply just don't talk about.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
black folk gotta include themselves in everything :dead:

slavey of Africans was demonic as well, but nothing compares to WW2
As some have said 200+ of slavery, untold demonic shyt went down we will never know. Tons of documents destroyed. Whitewashed to smithereens.

It's simple. Chattel slavery could be up there as one of the biggest crimes in humanity

The worst thing is not a single soul got punished for it, they all got it away with it. Tons of untold cacs and their descendants and their old money built on that shyt.

WW1+2 was fukking crazy, most of us aren't diminishing it at all.

Native American genocide is beyond insane as well. They wiped multiple millions.

Cac savagery really knows no bounds.

So much evil shyt in history, but at the end of the day "History is Written by Victors".