World War II got to be the pinnacle of human savagery

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Agreed!!! But I believe WW1 was the worst... the war in the trenches. Folks should really look into it!

It definitely could be argued. Gas bombs. Deadly trench warfare. Disease. Extreme PTSD (shell shock). Going over the top into no man’s land. WWI was so brutal that WWII had to have stricter rules on certain weapons like chemical weapons.

Of course those rules meant nothin when the bytch ass Italians invaded Ethiopia again. :mjpls: Had to use gas bombs cuz they was finna get they ass whooped again. :mjpls: p*ssy ass Chef Boyardee lookin cacs :mjpls:

My grandpa (still alive) fought in ww2. Some wild stories

My grandpa and great grandfather fought in the guerilla war vs the Italians during their occupation so technically they was part of the war effort. They woulda fought alongside Black soldiers from America but the govt ain’t like the idea of Black soldiers liberating a Black kingdom. Funny how they gladly let them go to Spain to fight but when it came to Ethiopia there was a sudden “ban”. fukk these cacs.

Can’t imagine actually hearing stories from a vet tho. My dad told me the war stories as a kid to keep me tapped in with a country I ain’t know too well. Either theater of war was crazy I’m not sure which woulda had me more unnerved between Europe and the Pacific.

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I think Transatlantic slave trade was the worst event in humanity over a long period of time. WWII was just 6-8 years depending on who you ask while the Transatlantic slave trade was a systematic and was designed to have a long legacy.

At the same time, it is fukked up to rank atrocities and evil is evil whether the victim is an African slave or an European Jew:ld:
Also one was a war and the other was a systematic horror.

CSquare43

Superstar
Daps
My grandpa (still alive) fought in ww2. Some wild stories

My Father was in WW2, lied about his age to get in at 17. It absolutely fuc*ed him up and by the time I made it into the world, he wasn't able or interested in being a parent.

He passed about 10 years ago and we never got past our issues. I saw him for the last time when I was @ 5...

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
i would guess the military experience and training helped during the struggle for independence. for example i know kenyan soldiers in WWII went on to joint the Mau Mau Uprising
The training should help when fighting acts of terror and other bad people.

Daps
You're right that human savagery has always been a thing, but WW2 is unique in that technology and globalism reached a point where every form of demonic activity that has always existed (rape, genocide, slavery, war atrocities, famine, disease) could be transported on a massive global scale. And this before you even introduced weapons with the capability of literally blowing up the world.
transported or not, those things were already happening on a global scale just isolated from each other until exploration and conquest
but you're right in the sense that WW2 helped spread a lot of evil in a short period of time across the world
Imagine WW3 :francis:
The only hope we have is a fear of a nuclear holocaust

Last edited:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
I’d say the Rape Of Nanking is the absolute pinnacle of human savagery.

Boiling down to a single event, yeah its between the Rape of Nanking and the Inquisition.

The Triangle Trade takes the cake for GOAT fukked up human event, but that was over such a long window that its more of an era than an event.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
If a WW3 happens..I don't think the savagery will top WW2. I'd be expecting a lot of bombs and aerial/naval battles but not as much ground combat unless in very remote proxy locations or after the bulk of the damage was done guerilla style against resistant civilians. I find a hard time imagining tons of troops being on foot and able to clash with the emotional vitriol that lead to what was seen in WW2.

MAD has largely kept big conflicts like that from happening.

Nuclear war. Nukes can literally wipe out an entire city in seconds. And if the blast does not instantly kill you. The third degree burns and the radiation will.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Nuclear war. Nukes can literally wipe out an entire city in seconds. And if the blast does not instantly kill you. The third degree burns and the radiation will.

Not just that but drone and unmanned aircraft and APCs changed the face of war already. If a first world country goes at a smaller nation or even another much poorer nation they wouldn't be risking troops to gain air superiority.

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG

The Biblical Exodus Story Is Fiction
Staks Rosch, Contributor
Staks Rosch is a vocal atheist, humanist, progressive, and Jedi.
04/06/2012 11:27 AM ET
|
Updated Dec 06, 2017

Shortly after I started to question my belief in God, I remember talking to my rabbi about Passover and the Exodus from Egypt. My rabbi knew that I was starting to doubt the supernatural and ridiculous aspects of the story. He told me in confidence that while the basic story is historical fact, the supernatural elements might have been an exaggeration or might not have actually happened at all. He assured me, however, that even though there might not have been plagues of frogs and Moses might not have parted the Red Sea, the Jews were slaves in Egypt, and the important thing is that there was an Exodus and that this is the core of what Passover is about. Except, in reality, there wasn't actually an Exodus. I have since learned that the Jews were never slaves in Egypt and that the entire story of Exodus is fiction.

When I first heard that there was not a shred of evidence discovered in the Sinai Desert that a large number of Jews had wandered for 40 years, I thought that wasn't such a big deal. I mean, it's a desert, right? Sand storms probably just swallowed up all the evidence. The more I looked into the story, however, the more I realized that the lack of evidence was actually a pretty big problem. According to the book of Exodus, a lot of Jews were wandering this desert, and it seems extremely unlikely (bordering on impossible) for this many people to leave absolutely no trace, especially when traces have been found for smaller groups of people which predated the Exodus in that same desert.

Just like the lack of evidence is itself strong evidence against the war between the Nephites and the Lamanites in the Americas as told in the Book of Mormon, the same is true with the Exodus story in the Torah.

Still, I didn't think all that much about it until years later, when I stumbled upon the article called, "Did Jewish Slaves Build the Pyramids?" by Brian Dunning. This article really got me thinking about the Exodus story again. Dunning's article reinforced my skepticism about the Exodus story and fueled my feelings of betrayal. I was taught for most of my life that it was a historical fact that the Jews were slaves in Egypt. This "history" was part of my cultural identity as a Jew. Even when I gave up the ridiculous, superstitious beliefs associated with Judaism, I could still proudly feel connected to the Jewish culture, which was grounded in a deep history of liberation from slavery.

As it turns out, well-known Jewish commentator and author Rabbi David Wolpe has also known about the Exodus Myth. In his article, "Did the Exodus Really Happen?" he mentions that other rabbis wanted him to keep the fiction of the Exodus story on the down-low. The basic story of the Exodus from Egypt (extracting supernatural elements) was touted to me as one of the most historical aspects of the Bible, yet it never happened. This seriously puts into question the historicity of any and all of the Bible stories.

Further, how immoral is it for modern Jews to continue to perpetuate this myth at the expense of Egyptian dignity? For thousands of years, the Jews have blamed the Egyptians for enslaving their ancestors when that never actually happened.
Continuing to celebrate Passover without acknowledging the truth of history only perpetuates the shame.

Growing up, I loved celebrating Passover. I loved the story of people fighting for their freedom and fighting against slavery. I don't think Jews need to stop celebrating Passover or stop talking about this story. However, they need to acknowledge that the celebration is based on a completely fictional story and that the Egyptians never enslaved the Jews. Rabbis should even make a formal apology to the Egyptian people for vilifying them.

As a Humanist, I think it is important to talk about the plight against slavery and the fight for freedom. But I think people should do it honestly instead of turning real people in history into villains. There are plenty of real villains in history already.

Perhaps the holiday of Passover could focus more on the plight of Jews who escape Germany during the Second World War. There are some very inspirational acts of bravery and heroism worth telling from that time, and they don't require made-up history or supernatural plagues to reinforce the message.

You don't have to believe in fictional stories to celebrate Jewish holidays. In fact, you don't even need to believe in any supernatural claims on insufficient evidence and still hold on to your Jewish identity. Many Jews have left the belief in God behind and have become secular Jews. For more information about what that means, check out the
Society of Humanistic Judaism

:unimpressed:

are you a Jew :skip:

if so sorry to burst your bubble "Chip" :manny:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
We are actually not that far removed from the events. If you're in your 30s to 50s now, your grandparents would have been around during the Second World War.

My ex has an uncle that fought in Vietnam

He’s a nice guy overall but there’s this thousand yard stare he gets whenever he speaks for too long or if you get him talking anything related to that time period that’s straight up depressing.

It’s like he’s reliving things pretty much 24/7

he’s analyzing where doors and windows are at all times. I can’t even imagine

Genos

Superstar
Daps
If you read the Bible at anytime you'd know that war in service of one's country isn't a sin.
Lol ok? Slavery isnt a sin either. It's more so that Christian morals are fukked up. 60 million people dying and the 400 years of slavery is more moral to you than a gay nikka being gay.