World population projected to hit 9.7 billion by 2050 and 11.2 billion by 2100

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Why folks claim we are "killing the planet" is beyond me.
Yeah we might fukk up ecosystems, but long after we and other animals are dead the planet will continue to march on..
A desert "wasteland" is only a wasteland because it's inhabitable by us..but there are plenty of organisms capable of surviving the harsh environment

50CentStan

Allahu Akbar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Ummah!
this will spur the next great age of space exploration as we find new places to inhabit :blessed:
giphy.gif

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
What we CAN do (what we are capable of), and what we WOULD do (what is the most likely course of action), are two very different things.

CAN we support 50 billion people on this planet? Of course.

Would we support 50 billion people? is a different question.
50 billion come on man

do you plan to wipe out all the worlds forests or something? or we just gonna all live underwater in atlantis? this planet aint built for all that.

i even think more than 15 billion is a stretch but it may be doable

CHL

Superstar
Daps
What we CAN do (what we are capable of), and what we WOULD do (what is the most likely course of action), are two very different things.

Nanotechnology, graphene, fusion power and an array of other revolutionary technologies aren't quite here or in widespread use yet, let alone technology like claytronics and picotechnology. You are living in 2015. I am talking about the capabilities of 2015. It certainly isn't much more than 15 billion today.

This will change very soon however. But that's not what we are discussing.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
50 billion come on man

do you plan to wipe out all the worlds forests or something? or we just gonna all live underwater in atlantis? this planet aint built for all that.

i even think more than 15 billion is a stretch but it may be doable
Nanotechnology, graphene, fusion power and an array of other revolutionary technologies aren't quite here or in widespread use yet, let alone technology like claytronics and picotechnology. You are living in 2015. I am talking about the capabilities of 2015. It certainly isn't much more than 15 billion today.

This will change very soon however. But that's not what we are discussing.

No offense, but I don't think you two realize how much unused space there is on the planet. I bet every person on the planet right now could physically fit inside the United States.

We also have nearly infinite resources available in terms of food, water, and shelter.

You gotta think outside the box a little bit.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
No offense, but I don't think you two realize how much unused space there is on the planet. I bet every person on the planet right now could physically fit inside the United States.

We also have nearly infinite resources available in terms of food, water, and shelter.

We have the physical footprint to support 50 billion, but we currently do not have the infrastructure or technology to so; unless we're willing to live in something that resembles Foxconn or a chicken farm.

This ain't even strictly about the elite...normal people pollute, are violent, greedy, gluttonous, trifling and a bunch of other adjectives that are not conducive to an exploding world population.

Call me selfish, greedy or whatever but I don't want and we don't need that many people on earth, whether or not we can technologically sustain it or not.

GMOs, disease, famine, war, are all conspiracy theories that people tout on here. They are all byproducts of overpopulation.

Last edited:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel

The worlds current population can fit inside Texas.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
We have the physical footprint to support 50 billion, but we currently do not have the infrastructure or technology to so; unless we're willing to live in something that resembles Foxconn or a chicken farm.

This ain't even strictly about the elite...normal people pollute, are violent, greedy, gluttonous, trifling and a bunch of other adjectives that are not conducive to an exploding world population.

Call me selfish, greedy or whatever but I don't want and we don't need that many people on earth, whether or not we can technologically sustain it or not.

GMOs, disease, famine, war, are all conspiracy theories that people tout on here. They are all products of overpopulation.

see below ... and it wouldn't have to look like a chicken farm :heh:

The worlds current population can fit inside Texas.

"We are all sisters and brothers, since the Earth is our Mother":blessed:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
see below ... and it wouldn't have to look like a chicken farm :heh:

"We are all sisters and brothers, since the Earth is our Mother":blessed:

Not sure where all the water and food would come from or where we would put all the waste we generate?

Oh I know...

GreatPacificGarbagePatch2.jpg

This is not about rich or poor. We're not mature enough as a global society to handle much more human population on this planet.

CHL

Superstar
Daps

No one is talking merely about available physical space. Way to miss the point.

And we have near infinite amounts food and water today, in 2015? :snooze: Yeah we're done here

babylon1

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
a global population of about 5 million is enough. everyone should have a vast amount of space. fukk a studio apartment

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not sure where all the water and food would come from?

No one is talking merely about available physical space. Way to miss the point.
And we have near infinite amounts food and water today, in 2015? :snooze: Yeah we're done here

We don't have a food or water shortage on this planet, period.

What we have is disproportional access to food and water for certain parts of the population, a misutilization of technology, and an underutilization of natural resources.

We literally waste tons of food and water on a daily basis (disproportional access). We don't properly manage things like farming and agriculture or even simple things like desalination plants or collection of rain water for use (misutilization of technology). And we don't capitalize on all the Earth's natural resources for growing food and procuring water (fertile land, plants, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc.) and instead choose to destroy these things in the name of industry.

So yea, one of us is definitely missing the point.

This is not about rich or poor. We're not mature enough as a global society to handle much more human population on this planet.

I agree this is the case for now, but it has to change or we will die as a species.

And I believe we will choose to change our behavior rather than be annihilated.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
We don't have a food or water shortage on this planet, period.

What we have is disproportional access to food and water for certain parts of the population, a misutilization of technology, and an underutilization of natural resources.

We literally waste tons of food and water on a daily basis (disproportional access). We don't properly manage things like farming and agriculture or even simple things like desalination plants or collection of rain water for use (misutilization of technology). And we don't capitalize on all the Earth's natural resources for growing food and procuring water (fertile land, plants, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc.) and instead choose to destroy these things in the name of industry.

So yea, one of us is definitely missing the point.

I agree this is the case for now, but it has to change or we will die as a species.

And I believe we will choose to change our behavior rather than be annihilated.

Desalination is expensive, doesn't nearly create enough drinking water, and disposing brine waste is problematic.

We don't have enough food. I don't know about you, but I don't like the abundance of gmos, antibiotics, and pesticides we use in our food.

On top of that...cattle and livestock grazing causes just as much pollution as automobiles.

Dog, we don't have the technology. It sounds good to say that we have enough resources to go around...but we simply dont, PERIOD.

We will compromise eventually, just like the lifelong cigarette smoker who ends up with lung cancer.

We are not advanced enough nor altruistic enough for 10+ billion people on this planet.