World of Warcraft classic is going to crush the buildings

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Vanilla wow was a bad game. Having to take breaks for hours just so you can get normal xp :camby:
Quivers :camby: ammo :camby: soulstones :camby: oom'ing on every class :camby:

shyts going to be even worse since you dont have to play vanilla the legacy servers will be dead af and you had to pretty much group back then :camby:
:patrice: taking forever to do everything

:patrice: :patrice: getting 40 people to act right for a raid without any connection issues
That was the appeal. Mmo suppose to be time sinks. Not log in and do daily quests :mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Daily quests=time sink
A hour of easy quests and then sitting around town doing nothing all day is not a time sink.

Grinding for small % drops to craft high end gear or for reputation is a time sink.

Running speficic dungeons to get fire resist gear for raids is a time sink

Some of us enjoyed that, with the added risk of while grinding someone could gank you at any moment.

I dont remember a lot of bad/boring moments in vanilla wow. I remember a lot of bad/boring moments in all the expansions though.

Before you say i just hate expansions, TBC was good even though was the start of a lot bad current issues with the game. WOTLK was amazing :wow: favorite expansion. Cata was decent, just seemed to go by quick compared to other expansions :ld: mists of pandaria and warlords of draenor was complete trash. Legion im indifferent to :manny:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
A hour of easy quests and then sitting around town doing nothing all day is not a time sink.

Grinding for small % drops to craft high end gear or for reputation is a time sink.

Running speficic dungeons to get fire resist gear for raids is a time sink

Some of us enjoyed that, with the added risk of while grinding someone could gank you at any moment.

I dont remember a lot of bad/boring moments in vanilla wow. I remember a lot of bad/boring moments in all the expansions though.

Before you say i just hate expansions, TBC was good even though was the start of a lot bad current issues with the game. WOTLK was amazing :wow: favorite expansion. Cata was decent, just seemed to go by quick compared to other expansions :ld: mists of pandaria and warlords of draenor was complete trash. Legion im indifferent to :manny:

you aren't grinding mythic dungeons or raiding after those quests? that's what i do at least outside of grinding achievements (just finally got my salty title 30 min ago actually)

running specific dungeons for that piece of gear with the stats you need can be considered the same thing

i will say that world PvP is dead maybe vanilla can give that feeling back

i had boring moments because i legit ignored content that didn't involve raiding, now since i'm paying attention this stuff since i'm caught up i don't see myself being bored

not trying to attack your opinion or anyone elses, just really trying to see how people want vanilla back especially with not having much time to do things anymore due to us being older

never played vanilla, but came in during TBC, i kinda miss it, but at the same time i enjoy what we have now, it's different but i enjoy it. only expansions i really didn't care for was Cata/Draenor

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
you aren't grinding mythic dungeons or raiding after those quests? that's what i do at least outside of grinding achievements (just finally got my salty title 30 min ago actually)

running specific dungeons for that piece of gear with the stats you need can be considered the same thing

i will say that world PvP is dead maybe vanilla can give that feeling back

i had boring moments because i legit ignored content that didn't involve raiding, now since i'm paying attention this stuff since i'm caught up i don't see myself being bored

not trying to attack your opinion or anyone elses, just really trying to see how people want vanilla back especially with not having much time to do things anymore due to us being older

never played vanilla, but came in during TBC, i kinda miss it, but at the same time i enjoy what we have now, it's different but i enjoy it. only expansions i really didn't care for was Cata/Draenor
If you never played vanilla how can you speak on it :wtf: tbc was like a completely different game :pachaha:

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
If you never played vanilla how can you speak on it :wtf: tbc was like a completely different game :pachaha:

i see alot of vids on it people giving "retrospects" and they all talk about how everything took forever and how much of a guild killer naxx-40 was

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i see alot of vids on it people giving "retrospects" and they all talk about how everything took forever and how much of a guild killer naxx-40 was
please don't talk about vanilla if you haven't played it. Yes it was a huge time sink and the 40 man raids were challenging as fukk. It took my guild 2 weeks to kill The Twin Emperors, it was so satisfying to finally kill a boss after trying that long. There are easy quality of life changes Blizzard can make to Vanilla to improve the overall experience without changing what Vanilla was. Cross-server bullshyt ruined the WoW community, Queueing for shyt ruined the community, being able to buy max level characters from blizz ruined any sense of accomplishment from getting max level. Getting level 60 used to be a huge fukking deal because of how long it took. The early WoW raids were the best ever in the entire game. BWL/AQ40/Naxxramas are GOAT tier dungeons. In short, catering to casuals ruined the WoW experience.

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
please don't talk about vanilla if you haven't played it. Yes it was a huge time sink and the 40 man raids were challenging as fukk. It took my guild 2 weeks to kill The Twin Emperors, it was so satisfying to finally kill a boss after trying that long. There are easy quality of life changes Blizzard can make to Vanilla to improve the overall experience without changing what Vanilla was. Cross-server bullshyt ruined the WoW community, Queueing for shyt ruined the community, being able to buy max level characters from blizz ruined any sense of accomplishment from getting max level. Getting level 60 used to be a huge fukking deal because of how long it took. The early WoW raids were the best ever in the entire game. BWL/AQ40/Naxxramas are GOAT tier dungeons. In short, catering to casuals ruined the WoW experience.

alright man, i was just wondering, i was never speaking on it as if i played it

i just wanted to see how exactly is it a good thing to go back to such time sinks when i don't see how anyone has the time for that anymore.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
alright man, i was just wondering, i was never speaking on it as if i played it

i just wanted to see how exactly is it a good thing to go back to such time sinks when i don't see how anyone has the time for that anymore.
i mean just spend whatever amount of time you want to on the game, yeah hardcore people are going to have better gear but there was plenty of people w/full time jobs and busy lives who played vanilla. I also forgot to mention how much places like Dalaran ruined the sense of WAR in world of warcraft. Alliance and horde used to truly hate eachother.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I played WoW for about 6-7 years on and off with a group of old co-workers. It was cool when I didn't want to go out and not spend any money but in those days I was getting off work and hitting the streets.

I'll watch some videos and streams, if the mood strikes me I might play for a little while.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

See, this that "no gamer left behind" shyt that kills MMOs. The ceiling should be lower for everyone because YOUR life became busier? Nah, breh. It don't work like that. Players shouldn't be penalized for pouring significant time into their character because their life is more compatible with the game than others. What kinda shyt is that? Extrapolate that thought process to life in general. Imagine being mad at a sports opponent because he had more time to train. :hhh:

I'm not solely getting at you, either. I've just seen this sentiment often throughout the years. Got gamers out here taking the RPG out of MMORPG.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
See, this that "no gamer left behind" shyt that kills MMOs. The ceiling should be lower for everyone because YOUR life became busier? Nah, breh. It don't work like that. Players shouldn't be penalized for pouring significant time into their character because their life is more compatible with the game than others. What kinda shyt is that? Extrapolate that thought process to life in general. Imagine being mad at a sports opponent because he had more time to train. :hhh:

I'm not solely getting at you, either. I've just seen this sentiment often throughout the years. Got gamers out here taking the RPG out of MMORPG.
Many many developers end up catering to casuals to pull more people into the game but honestly it just ends up ruining what made the game great in the first place

AmenhotepIV

All Star
Daps
Reppin
KTown
What thenhell...no new classes?....what's the new cap?...Who are the main chacters?....

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Many many developers end up catering to casuals to pull more people into the game but honestly it just ends up ruining what made the game great in the first place

exactly.. nothing so far catered to casuals has worked out , no idea why people keep trying.. On the flip side, games with content that makes people work towards goals over a time period, seem to do well. shyt is crazy the people at the top of these businesses are blind to this

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Class mounts, you purists are going to be mad as shyt when bliz lets people use their cash shop mounts and heirlooms