Woman Nurses What She Thinks is an Abandoned Kitten....But It's a Panther

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
She has nothing to worry about in terms of her own safety...

Panthers are extremely protective of their kin and if she raised it, that's exactly how it will treat her...Same goes for fido...

Her problem is going to be with other people coming around, those natural predatory instincts cannot be domesticated out...

Arizax2

All Star
Daps

Panthers are extremely protective of their kin and if she raised it, that's exactly how it will treat her...Same goes for fido...

Her problem is going to be with other people coming around, those natural predatory instincts cannot be domesticated out...
She gona get sued out her ass and probably jail time depending on what country she's in :wow:

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
That Dog does not have much long, hope he has an exit plan. This woman is really dumb lol. This should be in those special places where they know what they are doing and have fences and stuff

It's been real

God of Destruction | CatSet General
Daps
@Ashley Banks, Don't laugh at me, I need medical care! I clean my cuts with alcohol, is that right?? Let me know, sis, I don't want no kitty gangrene on me. :damn:

Damn y'all cats running the fade with yall like that? I've never been scratched :picard:

Should have check in with CatSet, could have helped ya not become a scratching post...y'all seriously getting hemmed up by ya frehs tho :dead:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Nah, this is crazy. Even in slow motion, that Panther is scary as fukk.

How does she even have enough food to feed a damn panther (and a dog)? :francis:

Gotta feed the pet Panther dead antelope and dead fish :huhldup:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
What instincts? That panther is fully domesticated, had it since it was literally a new born.. That cat ain’t got an instinct bone in its body.. cat is well feed, mofo don’t even know what hunting is.. :dahell:

Domestication is a process that takes many generations, as the aggressive individuals are removed from the population until only the tamest, most passive traits are left.

She could get lucky and have ended up with an especially tame leopard just by random chance, but she can't know that just because she raised it. Captive-raised predators turn on their owners all the time.

It has to be taught and refined… they aren’t born hunters.. no animal is

This isn't true. There are plenty of animals that hunt with zero parental instruction whatsoever. Beyond that, it's a spectrum, but a lot of predatory/aggressive behavior is certainly instinctual.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Panthers are solitary animals, they don't live with "kin" after they grow up. Yes, raising an animal can cause it to imprint on you and makes a big difference, but nothing is guarenteed.

Siegfriend and Roy raised this tiger from a cub and how did that turn out?

ae9b50cf-d1b3-40c3-a785-22febb9c72fd-AP_D_TIGER_CUBS_08_BLIFE_MAGICIAN_TIGER_ATTACK.JPG

one_time_use_only-siegfried_attack-newscom-embed-2019.jpg

But on this night, Roy made the fateful decision to go off script and held his microphone up to the tiger's mouth and encouraged him to say 'hello' to the audience.

Surprised, the tiger bit Roy's sleeve and the magician, who had worked with dangerous beasts for decades, swatted Mantecore and shouted 'release'.

It did not have the effect he'd hoped and Mantecore shoved him and pinned him to the floor before biting his neck and carrying him off stage "like a rag doll" as his partner, Siegfried, and trainers frantically rushed to help.

Eventually, after spraying the Big Cat with CO canisters, Roy was released - but he had suffered horrific injuries.

His spine was severed, he was suffering from critical blood loss and have severe crush injuries all over his body.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
OP's title is false, I did a little bit of background research.

The panther's mother was part of a traveling zoo in Russia. It was rejected/abandoned by the mother after 7 days, probably because it was too undersized/weak and the mother needed to focus on the other kittens. The "zoo" didn't know how to take care of such kittens, so they contacted this woman because she already had experience raising big cats, and she chose to raise it as her own.

That makes her chances of things going fine somewhat better, because zoo animals can be somewhat more domesticated than wild ones due to overly aggressive ones being weeded out and the lack of natural selection for predator instinct. But it's no guarantee at all.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Damn y'all cats running the fade with yall like that? I've never been scratched :picard:

Should have check in with CatSet, could have helped ya not become a scratching post...y'all seriously getting hemmed up by ya frehs tho :dead:
:pachaha: That's just him being thirsty for snuggles. They were born and spent the first few weeks of life feral. This has been a very slow process of acculturation (for all of us). When he remembers, he puts his claws away.
He's gotten much better, tbh. The last round of scratches have fully healed and I have no new ones. :ehh: