Wolf of Wall St.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
remember when some people said American Hustle was better than this... that was essentially like saying Darko was better than Bron

"American Hustle" was very average without the cast (which was the main draw). "Wolf" is a personal classic for me, I'm thinking it's gonna grow on people. A lot of people that didnt like it thought it was too vulgar/lewd, I think a some may have missed the point that the best way to examine decadence can sometimes be through decadence. :ehh:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Got to say I don't get the love for the movie. I know the intention, but even for a dark comedy it was way too over the top I thought. I thought Jonah Hill was cringe worthy...I guess that was what they were kind of going for with the character, so maybe he did his job that way, but it just didn't appeal to me at all.

I don't think American Hustle is a great movie either, but I enjoyed it a lot more than this one. I know it has flaws and can be picked apart too, but hey, I don't like anchovies or mushrooms or peppers on my pizza and other do, that is what makes the world go round.

I enjoyed watching Bale's performance more than Leo D.

Funny how those two movies will always be tied together in my mind as AH is kind of a knockoff version of a Martin S. movie in comedy form, and Marting S tried to go full on dark comedy in the same year...both period pieces and sort of con man related....came out the same season.

I thought Jonah was fantastic.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"American Hustle" was very average without the cast (which was the main draw). "Wolf" is a personal classic for me, I'm thinking it's gonna grow on people. A lot of people that didnt like it thought it was too vulgar/lewd, I think a some may have missed the point that the best way to examine decadence can sometimes be through decadence. :ehh:
This. And pretty much any sales environment is inherently vulgar/lewd, you have to be a borderline POS just to stay afloat :sadcam::manny:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
tumblr_n1nwm5YPFw1qhm641o1_400.gif

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
I swear WOWS was everything Wall St. :Money Never Sleeps was supposed to be..Man, wonderin how the fukk they didn't all od and die the whole time is one of the highlights of the piece..Margot Robbie :banderas: and of course the "quaaludes incident" :ohlawd: ..Leo is a badass actor man hands down :salute:

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
This movie gets better with multiple views. It's a very funny movie. Leo's best performance as well. I didn't see Dallas Buyer's Club but I still think Leo got robbed.
:snoop:Stick to Superhero movies man

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
or nothing.... im just saying. Say leo got robbed without seeing Dallas buyers club. Its a stupid statement, that's all

This thread is upped and the movie still talked about 2 years after the movie came out. And the Dallas Buyer's Club is not. Telling I would say.
Lose or gain a lot of weight for a role or go half retard and the academy loves you.Do you think MM is as good an actor as Leo?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
This thread is upped and the movie still talked about 2 years after the movie came out. And the Dallas Buyer's Club is not. Telling I would say.
Lose or gain a lot of weight for a role or go half retard and the academy loves you.Do you think MM is as good an actor as Leo?

idk if MM is a better actor than leo but i do know that his performance in Dallas Buyers club is better than Leo's in WOWS :yeshrug:
I have seen both films.
I think leo is a great actor but every oscar he lost, he lost it to the better performance. He was never robbed :yeshrug:

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
idk if MM is a better actor than leo but i do know that his performance in Dallas Buyers club is better than Leo's in WOWS :yeshrug:
I have seen both films.
I think leo is a great actor but every oscar he lost, he lost it to the better performance. He was never robbed :yeshrug:
I'm asking your opinion, who do you think is the better actor when reviewing their entire body of work you have seen? And in your opinion is the Academy completely unbiased or are they type of organization to hold a grudge if you didn't show up when you were nominated or publicly said you are not interested in winning one?
Really? Why aren't you or anyone else upping the Dallas Buyer's Club thread then?