WNBA stay getting clowned lol Look at this small ass mvp trophy

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Not going to lie. It's rather disingenuous when dudes keep bringing up the point that the WNBA is unprofitable and needs to be folded considering the fact that it's some market NBA teams that are in the same boat as well and being propped up by larger market teams.

It's likely your favorite team is in the same situation. You just don't realize it as it's not made public like that.

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At some point you gotta think it's on purpose. The NBA can fine tooth comb everything about the men's presentation and fumble around and just not know anything when it comes to the women's

You had one of your biggest stars to ever play die young who wanted to push women's basketball, he had a daughter that played and was on her way to the WNBA, you named the mens All Star award after him and you couldn't be bothered to give that same award to the women. shyt, you could've even kept the trophy the exact same and used the daughter's name instead anything was better than this
Naming a WNBA AS MVP award after Kobe Bryant would be even dumber than that little cup. Respect to what Kobe was doing in trying to push the women's game forward but that isn't necessary. WNBA have their own commissioner and league office separate from the NBA, they either need to get creative or find people new people that can.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
giphy.webp

Me12k

Pro
Daps
Nothing wrong with the trophy size, who cares it’s an All Star game, but at least have it be something non generic.

If I type “trophy” on Google Images, that design is the one that’ll pop up.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I watched some of the women's NCAA tournament. It was fun and exciting! The rivalries, the fans, the gutsy plays. I didn't care that people couldn't dunk, or that I was arguably watching some of the worst basketball from a pure talent perspective. In contrast, the WNBA game is boring. Stale play, the emotional level isn't there for me, and I just can't give a fukk about sub par athletes missing layups. And that same bloodless, boring spirit seemingly impacts everything...including the selection of that trophy. No one in their right mind would decide that's the trophy to go with...unless it was someone who didn't give a fukk because he/she knows the league will be around as long as the NBA keeps writing the checks.

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
the media needs to stop with the narrative that she was "forced" to go over there.

the went over there voluntarily as a way to earn additional income. lets not act like she was poor trying to make ends meet when she makes 220K annually from the WNBA.
To be fair, she just making that annually a couple of years ago when the WNBA double the max salary from 110K to 220K. Overseas the best players are making at least $1M. The WNBA has a hard salary cap of 1.3M which was a mistake on their part to have a hard cap. Some WNBA players make enough money by playing overseas, thru endorsements or off-season coaching or analyst jobs, they will take a pay cut to in order to make their salary fit under the cap.