WNBA stay getting clowned lol Look at this small ass mvp trophy

Daps
Reppin
Toledo, OH
I watched some of the women's NCAA tournament. It was fun and exciting! The rivalries, the fans, the gutsy plays. I didn't care that people couldn't dunk, or that I was arguably watching some of the worst basketball from a pure talent perspective. In contrast, the WNBA game is boring. Stale play, the emotional level isn't there for me, and I just can't give a fukk about sub par athletes missing layups. And that same bloodless, boring spirit seemingly impacts everything...including the selection of that trophy. No one in their right mind would decide that's the trophy to go with...unless it was someone who didn't give a fukk because he/she knows the league will be around as long as the NBA keeps writing the checks.
Yup. All facts. It's funny I was just thinking about how Skylar Diggins and Brittney Griner been in the league going on 9 years now. I remember watching them faceoff in the NCAA tournament in 2013 and it was so exciting. The atmosphere was nuts. Crazy how they both seemed like bigger stars in college than in the pros. Skylar had Lil Wayne and Drake showing up to her games in college, rocking her jersey, now she's hidden off the radar in the WNBA.

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
She drove me insane in three-on-threes at the Olympics. USA had a big size advantage against every team except like China and she'd just be out there chucking away instead of getting the ball into the paint or hitting a cutter.

You watched womens ball during the Olympics?

:scust:

I’d rather watch the Equestrian events.

:heh:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Such a pathetic organization. The jokes keep writing themselves. Trophies are meant to look bigger, no one asks for it to be made out of some very expensive material. Just don't make it look like a kindergarten participation trophy.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I have Spelling Bee trophies bigger than that

Also: swaggerless uniforms

I wanna be a VP for the WNBA for one season to turn things around…
then I want a movie about it. A comedy loosely based on real events.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
To be fair, she just making that annually a couple of years ago when the WNBA double the max salary from 110K to 220K. Overseas the best players are making at least $1M. The WNBA has a hard salary cap of 1.3M which was a mistake on their part to have a hard cap. Some WNBA players make enough money by playing overseas, thru endorsements or off-season coaching or analyst jobs, they will take a pay cut to in order to make their salary fit under the cap.

This bring us to one of those hypothetical questions one asks whilst Kicking It:

“Ayo…would you rather make a Quarter Mil working here in America,
or a Mil in a foreign country - but they won’t let you smoke Weed??”

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
I had no clue there were only 12 teams. If they raised the salary cap how quickly would some of these teams fold?

What is a viable path for the success of this league? Do they need a reality show on some total divas shyt? Gianna would have helped but that’s no longer an option. Too many of the owners are cheapskates.

They should incentivize more of the NBA owners to field WNBA teams. What about whatever amount you spend on your WNBA team offsets cap penalties of your NBA team? For every one million you spend on your WNBA team 5 mill gets added to cap space.

Joe Lacob could spent 16 mill on a wnba team and get the warriors under the cap. For a team that’s already under the cap like the Knicks maybe you get extra picks in the draft if you field a team or you get extra cap space.

The NBA is already subsidizing the WNBA might as well formalize it. Maybe more nba fans would be checking into the wnba because it would impact the nba team they root for.

Last edited: