WNBA Discourse Has Become A Caricature of The NBA Twilight Zone

Gil Scott-Heroin

✊🏿
Daps
:laff: I knew the thing to blow up the WNBA would be stan wars.

All of the sudden, my entire timeline is Angel Reese--like she's the only black woman in the WNBA :mjlol:

Aja Wilson is on a mid 90's Hakeem run, but, is largley ignored unless people have something to outrage over--ie her not having a signature shoe.

This is why I don't think this boom will last. They don't even like the winning teams.
It's a damn shame, ain't it.

No thread on it either. Which tells you all you need to know.

We got a whole damn extensive thread on here about Angel Reese's [meaningless] double doubles, to the point where even pointing out the absurdity of it has got me banned from the thread -

Screenshot-2024-09-01-135424.png

:unimpressed:

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As I’ve mentioned before the media & fans are doing a disservice to the league in how it’s been covered. The short term hype is not sustainable & I salute the players who showed some push back against it. The goal should be to grow the game & get the little girls into the sport.

Instead we get Angel vs Clark OD & sexualizing them before every game(which is an entirely diff convo we need to have)

Creflo ½ Dollar

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Sports discourse is cooked…

Then the former players came thru and we thought they was gne bring a certain element of discourse but most of them they shout hot takes for engagement or straight up ignorant..

Sports discourse was much better with less players and real journalists..yea most of them was cacs but atleast they was good at their job.

Now everything is built of engagement and hot take clips that try to go viral.

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
:laff: I knew the thing to blow up the WNBA would be stan wars.

All of the sudden, my entire timeline is Angel Reese--like she's the only black woman in the WNBA :mjlol:

Aja Wilson is on a mid 90's Hakeem run, but, is largley ignored unless people have something to outrage over--ie her not having a signature shoe.

This is why I don't think this boom will last. They don't even like the winning teams.
The WNBA thread is mostly active when either Indiana or Chicago is playing. It mostly dormant otherwise unless New York and Las Vegas is playing against each other.

DraymondT

Superstar
Daps
I remember the days you couldn't pay anyone to talk about the WNBA. Look how far we've come.

They got baddies in WNBA now and I seen tweets goin viral from WNBA showin off the pretty ones. We got tol we was sexist and shir a decade ago when we said pretty bytches would make more nikkas tune in

Also somethin not talked about much the dyke class of the WNBA phasin out. The dykes in there hate the straight bytches but it not talked about. They SEETHING I remember the treatment them bytches gave Skylar years ago and the jealousy.

ItzDaKiing

Freedom
Daps
They got baddies in WNBA now and I seen tweets goin viral from WNBA showin off the pretty ones. We got tol we was sexist and shir a decade ago when we said pretty bytches would make more nikkas tune in

Also somethin not talked about much the dyke class of the WNBA phasin out. The dykes in there hate the straight bytches but it not talked about. They SEETHING I remember the treatment them bytches gave Skylar years ago and the jealousy.

There’s still a bunch of dykes in the WNBA breh.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

That's not reason people are watching.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Sports discourse is cooked…

Then the former players came thru and we thought they was gne bring a certain element of discourse but most of them they shout hot takes for engagement or straight up ignorant..

Sports discourse was much better with less players and real journalists..yea most of them was cacs but atleast they was good at their job.

Now everything is built of engagement and hot take clips that try to go viral.

The current and former players give worse hot takes than the journalists ever did. Outside of obvious idiots like Whitlock.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718

We got a whole damn extensive thread on here about Angel Reese's [meaningless] double doubles, to the point where even pointing out the absurdity of it has got me banned from the thread -

Lmao you know @CHICAGO 's goofy ass was just mad :mjlol:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Angel Reese shooting percentage aint getting no better, does she even try to work on it.

She need to focus.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps

I post what I post and I stay put of it.

Ppl in general too sensitive