Wizards hire Clippers GM Michael Winger as President; Winger hires OKC VP Will Dawkins & former ATL Hawks GM Travis Schlenk to lead new front office

Is there hope in DC now?

• Total voters

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
I dont care who they hire, Wizards just not an attractive brand. This fuhking DC and they have no Free Agent value

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
I dont care who they hire, Wizards just not an attractive brand. This fuhking DC and they have no Free Agent value

That's because of 40 years of being a mom and pop entity.

DC is NOT a small market. It's been run like a small market for no reason.

Even Ted is waking up.

“We had several people on our wish list to interview, and when we told Michael these were some people we were talking to, he said, ‘I know them, they’re great, why don’t I see if we can bring them onto the team?’” Leonsis said. “That is not common in sports; when you hire a No. 1 person, they’re often reluctant to hire great people underneath them out of the gate because they’re insecure. Travis (Schlenk) worked in Golden State and was Michael in Atlanta, and Will (Dawkins) is an up-and-coming youn exec from a great organization. John Thompson III helped me out greatly and is being underutilized in the organization right now, and with Wes (Unseld Jr,), he comes from a program (Denver) that’s in the Finals. Overnight, I think we’ve created a front office that is really deep, but now, they have a lot of work to do. Michael is very thoughtful, but he has a lot of smart people around him, because today’s NBA is no longer a mom-and-pop business; there are big decisions with big dollars involved, putting money not just towards payroll but also towards infrastructure.”

@thewiz
@lochead
@mastermind
@ThatsRite2
@Black
@Eddie Jordan
@Mr swag
@Spree At Last
@mrken12
@Rob's al Ghul
@KBadd
@seanjohn21276
@L. Deezy
@ZEupTWN
@Guv
@KillbertArenas
@G-Zeus
@Icepick Isaacs
@Blackrogue
@VladTheImpaler
@Jack!
@PracticeMeansNothin
@Smashius Clay
@Jemmy
@Dad
@KBadd
@L&HH

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
NBA brehs are these good hires?

OKC is usually good at drafting so im guessing the guy they got from them is good but what about the guys from the Clippers and Hawks

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
NBA brehs are these good hires?

OKC is usually good at drafting so im guessing the guy they got from them is good but what about the guys from the Clippers and Hawks
Travis Schlenk was part of building the Warriors core and he got 2 rings.

Winger was the GM of the Clippers but Lawrence Frank had final say. It seems he was more on strategic planning, contract negotiation, trade negotiation, CBA, etc. Winger also worked in OKC under Sam Presti with Will Dawkins.

So let's hope the Presti magic materializes.